BYE BYE Joey Harrington and Good Luck

Shaud

IMO..... Joey is somewhere in the neighborhood of 70 to 75th best. Hence...he still may make another team.

Water under the bridge now, BUT.... IF you look at the numbers - he's right around lower middle of ALL starting QB's in the league - and he's done that the past few years. Just the facts - use ESPN numbers, or (better stats) here is the Football Outsiders link.

The Outsider stats DO figure in strength of defense - What they don't figure is O-Line. Harrington is ranked around 25th in the league - for all 2007 on DYAR and that's EVEN after the Giants beating he took, and all the Petrino nonsense ... before the NYG game he was ranked in the top 3rd of QB's by anyone's QB stats.

Regardless, Redman finished strong last year and Shockley got his chance ... Best of luck to Joey. Might by fun to see him back in NFC North, Green Bay or Minn - who knows?

B)

harrington_194616.jpg

Well Joey was released. Just another chapter in his rough career as a Quarterback. Yes I know he's not good but he came into a bad situation in Atlanta last year.

Anyway Good Luck Joey hope your career somehow gets better.

I agree. And he's really a great guy too. Thanks and good luck to him!

Water under the bridge now, BUT.... IF you look at the numbers - he's right around lower middle of ALL starting QB's in the league - and he's done that the past few years. Just the facts - use ESPN numbers, or (better stats) here is the Football Outsiders link.

The Outsider stats DO figure in strength of defense - What they don't figure is O-Line. Harrington is ranked around 25th in the league - for all 2007 on DYAR and that's EVEN after the Giants beating he took, and all the Petrino nonsense ... before the NYG game he was ranked in the top 3rd of QB's by anyone's QB stats.

Regardless, Redman finished strong last year and Shockley got his chance ... Best of luck to Joey. Might by fun to see him back in NFC North, Green Bay or Minn - who knows?

B)

harrington_194616.jpg

Joey Harrington > Tom Brady.

im sure the pats are working on a way to cut ties with brady now that harrington is available.

Thanks Joey for your great sportsmanship, and giving it your all for us. I hope he finds somewhere that he can succeed.

Thats very true he did have great sportsmanship and did try to do his best, but he just aint got it to play in this league . I do hope he can land on another team though.

I agree. And he's really a great guy too. Thanks and good luck to him!

Yep....I really thought Joey was a class guy....Matt Ryan reminds me alot of him...as far as personality ....speech patterns.....

I really hope another team picks him up.....he is a good dude.

Joey....good luck buddy.

oh and ah...

keep smilin,

olehippy13