Jeff Owens left Sanford Stadium on crutches with a brace around his right knee

atljbo

Georgia defensive tackle Jeff Owens left Sanford Stadium on crutches with a brace around his right knee. "He hurt his knee and he won't be back anytime soon," Bulldogs coach Mark Richt said. "We need to take the MRI and the X-rays that we need to take and have certainty later on." If Owens misses an extended period of time, Corvey Irvin of Augusta is expected to fill his role in the starting lineup. Sophomore tailback Knowshon Moreno left the game in the third quarter holding the back of his leg. It turned out to be just cramps.

Could this hurt his draft status

He's out for the year. It's a shame because I was really hoping to get a good look at him this season. He could've been a good pick for us (I guess he still could, though).

yep. I had him as my #1 DT for next year. Really too bad for him. Wonder if he tries to get a medical redshirt or if he just comes on out. This could set him back 3 or 4 rounds easily, especially if he's not ready for individual workouts in March.