final mock 53 man roster

QB-ryan, redman, shockley(yeah after the last game i think we need to give him one more year, he got the ball out quick and downfield)

WR-white, jenkins, finneran, robinson, douglas(PR)

RB-turner, norwood, brown(i hope our KR's groin is ok)

FB-mughelli, mcintyre(he is good on ST's)

TE-hartsock(starter needs to be a blocker), pollard, milner or cuts

OT-weiner, baker, clabo, (cuts, we need to find a 4th OT)

OG-blaylock, dahl, clabo, ojinakka

OC-mcclure, stepanovich

DE-abraham, davis, biermann, (anderson and fraser 3-4) *or cuts if fraser can be upgraded

DT-jackson, j anderson(looked better than bab's inside), babinaux, moorehead

SLB-boley, (cuts, 3-4 rush LB)

MLB-lofton, taylor

WLB-brooking, nicholas, wire(until trey lewis comes back)

CB-grimes, houston, jackson, adams, irons or cuts

S-milloy, coleman, cooper, decoud, stone or cuts

elam, koenen, schneck

that's only one player from each group, DL, LB, CB, S, OL, TE, so even though 6 players is a high number of player turn over, half of those guys may be safe. a SLB and an OT are a must IMO though.

Peter, you are not saying that Trey is a WLB are you?

no, but generally you carry 7 LB's or 9 DL and when lewis comes back he will push wire or fraser off the roster. between the two, i think fraser stays.

also, i like snellings running ability too, but i like brown WAY better as a RB. like greg jones, someone should have told snelling that his best chance in the NFL was as a FB because there his skill set is better than average. at RB its average at best plus he does'nt offer much on ST's. unfortunately that leaves him being squeezed out.

no, but generally you carry 7 LB's or 9 DL and when lewis comes back he will push wire or fraser off the roster. between the two, i think fraser stays.

also, i like snellings running ability too, but i like brown WAY better as a RB. like greg jones, someone should have told snelling that his best chance in the NFL was as a FB because there his skill set is better than average. at RB its average at best plus he does'nt offer much on ST's. unfortunately that leaves him being squeezed out.

Thanks Peter!! Very good points. If Jason does end up getting cut, I'm sure he will catch on somewhere else quickly. I see your points now about Trey and how that affects the rest of the D. Thanks for clarifying. Going to be a fun day!!