Sarah Palin: What Does the VP Do?

1968again

Other than casting a deciding vote, what do any of you think the VP does? Its a pretty sweet gig, as McCain himself said, "his\her job is to inquire daily about the president's health"....otherwise any VP is little more than a figurehead. So what did she ask that isn't obvious????? Nothing.

**** Cheney wasn't a figurehead. Even Al Gore wasn't a figurehead.

I find that extremely hard to believe considering her son is about to be deployed to Iraq.

oh she said it but its taken way out of context!!! what she really meant was that she so focused on alaska that she didn't have much time to focus on war & worried that we don't have exit plan!!! but she heard about surge so clearly she's got foreign policy experience to be president!!!!

In an interview with Alaska Business Monthly shortly after she took office in 2007, Palin was asked about the upcoming surge. She said she hadn't thought about it. "I've been so focused on state government, I haven't really focused much on the war in Iraq," she said. "I heard on the news about the new deployments, and while I support our president, Condoleezza Rice and the administration, I want to know that we have an exit plan in place; I want assurances that we are doing all we can to keep our troops safe."

**** Cheney wasn't a figurehead. Even Al Gore wasn't a figurehead.

Cheney you're correct about, that is why (one of the reasons anyway) he and Bush have received so much grief, but Cheney was picked for the same reason as Biden, because of the candidate's woeful lack of foreign policy experience.......I have to disagree with you on Gore though, according to **** Morris, when the White House had to be repainted, Clinton wouldn't even allow Gore to agree with everyone else on white. He kept Gore as far away from any meaningful responsibility as possible, which in hindsight goes further to prove that while Clinton may have been a lecherous, adulterous, perjury committing narcissist ......he wasn't stupid.

Other than casting a deciding vote, what do any of you think the VP does? Its a pretty sweet gig, as McCain himself said, "his\her job is to inquire daily about the president's health"....otherwise any VP is little more than a figurehead. So what did she ask that isn't obvious????? Nothing.

You should read some of the quotes that John Adams and Thomas Jefferson left about the VP position. They're pretty funny.

shes getting great reception from public!!! hillary voters love this choice & vote w/ mccain in droves in november!!!

Surprise? First Two National Polls Find Palin Gains LESS Support from Women

By E&P STaft

Published: August 30, 2008 1:35 PM ET

NEW YORK The first national polls on John McCain's pick of Sarah Palin yesterday came out today from Rasmussen and Gallup -- and contrary to what the GOP probably hoped, she scored less well with women than men.

Here's a finding from Gallup: Among Democratic women -- including those who may be disappointed that Hillary Clinton did not win the Democratic nomination -- 9% say Palin makes them more likely to support McCain, 15% less likely.

From Rasmussen: Some 38% of men said they were more likely to vote for McCain now, but only 32% of women. By a narrow 41% to 35% margin, men said she was not ready to be president -- but women soundly rejected her, 48% to 25%.

Only 9% of Obama supporters said they might be more likely to vote for McCain.

Overall, voters expressed a favorable impression of her by a 53/26 margin, but there was a severe gender gap on this: Men embraced her at 58% to 23%, while for women it was 48/30.

And by a 29/44 margin, men and women together, they do not believe that she is ready to be President.

As for voters not affiliated with either major party, 37% are more likely to vote for McCain and 28% less likely to do so.

Gallup is now out with its own initial poll. It also shows women with a slightly less favorable view of Palin. An excerpt from USA Today:

There is wide uncertainty about whether she's qualified to be president. In the poll, taken Friday, 39% say she is ready to serve as president if needed, 33% say she isn't and 29% have no opinion.

That's the lowest vote of confidence in a running mate since the elder George Bush chose then-Indiana senator Dan Quayle to join his ticket in 1988. In comparison, Delaware Sen. Joe Biden was seen as qualified by 57%-18% after Democrat Barack Obama chose him as a running mate last week.....

Among all those surveyed, 35% call Obama's speech at Invesco Field at Mile High Stadium Thursday night excellent, 23% good, 15% "just OK," 3% poor and 4% "terrible." Sixteen percent say they didn't see it and 14% have no opinion. That's higher than the ratings for acceptance speeches by President Bush and Democrat John Kerry in 2004, by Bush and Democrat Al Gore in 2000 and by Republican Bob Dole in 1996.

Asked about the Democratic convention's impact, 43% say it makes them more likely to vote for Obama, 29% less likely. Nineteen percent say it won't make a difference.

shes getting great reception from public!!! hillary voters love this choice & vote w/ mccain in droves in november!!!

Surprise? First Two National Polls Find Palin Gains LESS Support from Women

By E&P STaft

Published: August 30, 2008 1:35 PM ET

NEW YORK The first national polls on John McCain's pick of Sarah Palin yesterday came out today from Rasmussen and Gallup -- and contrary to what the GOP probably hoped, she scored less well with women than men.

Here's a finding from Gallup: Among Democratic women -- including those who may be disappointed that Hillary Clinton did not win the Democratic nomination -- 9% say Palin makes them more likely to support McCain, 15% less likely.

From Rasmussen: Some 38% of men said they were more likely to vote for McCain now, but only 32% of women. By a narrow 41% to 35% margin, men said she was not ready to be president -- but women soundly rejected her, 48% to 25%.

Only 9% of Obama supporters said they might be more likely to vote for McCain.

Overall, voters expressed a favorable impression of her by a 53/26 margin, but there was a severe gender gap on this: Men embraced her at 58% to 23%, while for women it was 48/30.

And by a 29/44 margin, men and women together, they do not believe that she is ready to be President.

As for voters not affiliated with either major party, 37% are more likely to vote for McCain and 28% less likely to do so.

Gallup is now out with its own initial poll. It also shows women with a slightly less favorable view of Palin. An excerpt from USA Today:

There is wide uncertainty about whether she's qualified to be president. In the poll, taken Friday, 39% say she is ready to serve as president if needed, 33% say she isn't and 29% have no opinion.

That's the lowest vote of confidence in a running mate since the elder George Bush chose then-Indiana senator Dan Quayle to join his ticket in 1988. In comparison, Delaware Sen. Joe Biden was seen as qualified by 57%-18% after Democrat Barack Obama chose him as a running mate last week.....

Among all those surveyed, 35% call Obama's speech at Invesco Field at Mile High Stadium Thursday night excellent, 23% good, 15% "just OK," 3% poor and 4% "terrible." Sixteen percent say they didn't see it and 14% have no opinion. That's higher than the ratings for acceptance speeches by President Bush and Democrat John Kerry in 2004, by Bush and Democrat Al Gore in 2000 and by Republican Bob Dole in 1996.

Asked about the Democratic convention's impact, 43% say it makes them more likely to vote for Obama, 29% less likely. Nineteen percent say it won't make a difference.

While I think we all agree that polls mean little until late Sept. - early October, you may want to check Zogby as well, they paint a different picture than the two polls cited in the article (I'm sure the reporter just missed it, not ignored it) it reports McCain/Palin at 47%, compared to 45% support for Obama/Biden, as well as new data on the Palin pick that is pretty well the exact opposite from what this reporter surmises.

Sorry to interrupt the flow of Obama propaganda.... Zogby Poll

You should read some of the quotes that John Adams and Thomas Jefferson left about the VP position. They're pretty funny.

I know right, I always loved Thomas Jefferson's reaction when he learned he had been elected vice president

"A more tranquil and unoffending station could not have been found for me. It will give me philosophical evenings in the winter [while at the Senate] and rural days in the summer [at Monticello]."

Pretty well sums it up.

...again....Palin asked a very appropriate question. The VP is for window dressing, and I don't think its much of a stretch to say that if they're only there to be looked at....I'll take Palin over Biden any day....hairplugs not withstanding.

This is the fact about polls......................Liberal Democrats like Gallop will always put favorable numbers up for Obama, if the Poll is Fair and Balanced like Fox News you will see a real picture of the Numbers and right now McCain totally wiped out Biden with Palin and totally shifted the focus off the Democratic Convention with Palin

Why Cant the Democrats Amit that McCain hit a GRAND SLAM with GOV PALIN !!!!!

McCain/Palin.......................47%

Liberal 1 (Obama) Liberal 3 (Biden) ................45%

And this is after the Democratic Convention and the Selection of Biden................LMAO !!!!!

This is the fact about polls......................Liberal Democrats like Gallop will always put favorable numbers up for Obama, if the Poll is Fair and Balanced like Fox News you will see a real picture of the Numbers and right now McCain totally wiped out Biden with Palin and totally shifted the focus off the Democratic Convention with Palin

And this is after the Democratic Convention and the Selection of Biden................LMAO !!!!!

:lol::lol:

thats great that mccain leading liberals but dont' contribute results to fox news!!! zogby takes credit for poll results your posting & for his genius foursite of using internet polls to get more accurate readings of public votes!!! most people use internet now so allowing people to register on his site & take poll online allows convenience that increases # of participants!!! internet polls are way more accurate than regular liberal democrat polls liike gallup & rasmussen!!!

great job shining light of truth on liberal loosers!!!

I just watched the Sarah Palin interview where she made the statement about the VP and she was talking in the Context that the VP is just a created Position that has little to nothing to do in the realm of Policy making and so fourth and that she is not the type of Woman to just set at a desk and count the time, she is a active and Agressive reformer, and was concerned that the VP position might not be able to keep her busy enough, She is not going to be **** Cheny and Dissappear off the map for months at a time, she is going to be the most Active VP we have ever had and involued in all Policy matters, Otherwise the Governer of the Largest and Richest Landmass state in the Union would have never took the Job.

Rush Limbaugh will set the Record Straight Tomorrow, he will come to Bat for Sarah Palin and he will make sure the Liberals are not able to tear this wonderful Woman down.................................Tune into the EIB network and Learn the Truth that the Drive-By media and the Liberals will not tell you.

& don't forget to get hannitized tomorrow after rush!!!