TD Exposes McKay

BenB321

TD is the real deal. TD finally has given us our future ML in Curtis Lofton. There really is no excuse for McKay to fail to address this problem and forcing the Falcons to play Brooking out of position. The Ed Hartwell 26.25 million dollar fiasco was McKays answer to this situation and it backfired big time. All we got from Hartwell was a lot of hot air and injuries. Lofton looks like a big time thumper that plays downhill. Rich McKay has been exposed with the Falcons. Tampa Bay's success had more to do with Tony Dungy, Tim Ruskell and others than McKay. When Vick was taken out of the picture due to injuries or jail the lack of talent on the Falcons really became apparent. TD has in one draft secured the best QB, the best OT not to mention players that may not start but will get plenty of playing time like Chevis Jackson and Kroy Bierman. Also TD finally has solidified our safety position which McKay could never get done. It seems McKay had bad judgement not only with players but in picking coaches: Moron and Quitrino. The sooner McKay is booted out of here the better. I am so tired of looking at him because it just reminds me of his total incompetence. As Blank becomes more comfortable with TD McKays time will come hopefully sooner rather than later.

I agree with you that mcKay did have more negatives than positives, but he did get us Boley Norwood late on in drafts and Roddy is looking very promising.

It is still to early to proclaim TD as our saviour seeing his draft picks havent even played one snap in the regular season yet. Blank had better just stick behind his desicion to hire TD and not fire him if we struggle for the next two seasons as its going to take time for draft picks to mature . Continually changing GM's and coachs only leads to problems for a franchise

I don't think McKay was bad like most people, did he overpay? Definitely.

I think a lot of our draft picks' success has been coaching. If we had Smith with player McKay drafted I think they'd look a lot better. He has surely made good late round picks, but his first round picks have been rough.

I agree with you that mcKay did have more negatives than positives, but he did get us Boley Norwood late on in drafts and Roddy is looking very promising.

It is still to early to proclaim TD as our saviour seeing his draft picks havent even played one snap in the regular season yet. Blank had better just stick behind his desicion to hire TD and not fire him if we struggle for the next two seasons as its going to take time for draft picks to mature . Continually changing GM's and coachs only leads to problems for a franchise

More negatives than positives says it all about McKay. Just looking at him when they bring up with broadcasters in the preseason games makes me crazy. I'm thinking what in the world qualifies you to speak for the Falcons when you have been so ineffective. Thankfully TD was up with the broadcasters last game against the Ravens and although he was extremely boring I'll take boring and successful than McKay any time

SO what lets look toward the future instead of focusing om past mistake or shortcomings.

I would and I am but McKays still employed with the Falcons. TD IS the future and that is clearly stated. Maybe you should read the whole post before you post inane comments.

Sorry I don't have any specific links, but I am most certain I have heard Blank say in the past that McKay's job right now is working on the new stadium project. He seems to have been relieved of all football personnel related decisions; that is all TD and his staff. Mr Blank appears to be taking more of a Robert Kraft posture and is much more in the background where he should be. He is the owner, not the coach, GM, nor is he on the cheerleading team. I think this will prove to be a wise move on his part and will make for a better functioning organization; just let the guys around you do their jobs.

IMO once the new stadium is build, we will see Mr McKay's departure.

TD is soooooooooo much better to lead this club than McKay. McKay was good because he hired good people, but he is a politician and sales man. TD is a hardcore FB Guy.

McKay is valuable to us because he does have good relationships with the NFL and has a lot of experience, but relieving him of his GM title was the best thing for this franchise.

I would and I am but McKays still employed with the Falcons. TD IS the future and that is clearly stated. Maybe you should read the whole post before you post inane comments.

[/quote/]

What I am so inanely trying to say here is that yes McKay did not have the greatest drafts in the history of the NFL but I see so many negative posts on here that in my INANE OPINION lets talk about what is going now.

I agree with you that this draft looks alot better than last year's. But think about this who was McKAy drafting for? GM's draft the players that they think will best fit into a coachs' scheme.

I agree with the other Poster that McKay does not control Player decisions anymore.

Have a nice day. :)

What I am so inanely trying to say here is that yes McKay did not have the greatest drafts in the history of the NFL but I see so many negative posts on here that in my INANE OPINION lets talk about what is going now.

I agree with you that this draft looks alot better than last year's. But think about this who was McKAy drafting for? GM's draft the players that they think will best fit into a coachs' scheme.

I agree with the other Poster that McKay does not control Player decisions anymore.

Have a nice day. :)

It definitely seems that TD and Coach Smith are on the same page in terms of what kind of players to bring to fit Coach Smiths system. There seems to be a lot more teamwork and I guess you call term it synergy with our new GM and coach then before.

TD is the real deal. TD finally has given us our future ML in Curtis Lofton. There really is no excuse for McKay to fail to address this problem and forcing the Falcons to play Brooking out of position. The Ed Hartwell 26.25 million dollar fiasco was McKays answer to this situation and it backfired big time. All we got from Hartwell was a lot of hot air and injuries. Lofton looks like a big time thumper that plays downhill. Rich McKay has been exposed with the Falcons. Tampa Bay's success had more to do with Tony Dungy, Tim Ruskell and others than McKay. When Vick was taken out of the picture due to injuries or jail the lack of talent on the Falcons really became apparent. TD has in one draft secured the best QB, the best OT not to mention players that may not start but will get plenty of playing time like Chevis Jackson and Kroy Bierman. Also TD finally has solidified our safety position which McKay could never get done. It seems McKay had bad judgement not only with players but in picking coaches: Moron and Quitrino. The sooner McKay is booted out of here the better. I am so tired of looking at him because it just reminds me of his total incompetence. As Blank becomes more comfortable with TD McKays time will come hopefully sooner rather than later.

LOL...You are the one that needs to be fired as so called fan of the Falcons!! Thank for the BS ....Mr.Perfect!!

Sorry I don't have any specific links, but I am most certain I have heard Blank say in the past that McKay's job right now is working on the new stadium project. He seems to have been relieved of all football personnel related decisions; that is all TD and his staff. Mr Blank appears to be taking more of a Robert Kraft posture and is much more in the background where he should be. He is the owner, not the coach, GM, nor is he on the cheerleading team. I think this will prove to be a wise move on his part and will make for a better functioning organization; just let the guys around you do their jobs.

IMO once the new stadium is build, we will see Mr McKay's departure.

Blank said that on MNF last year during the Saints game...the night before Petrino left.

LOL...You are the one that needs to be fired as so called fan of the Falcons!! Thank for the BS ....Mr.Perfect!!

Mr. Perfect just wants to thank you for your moronic, asine, illogical, uncouth response. I really appreciate your indepth insight and observations. You sound like a five year old. Go watch watch Noggin or Disney on cable and have your mommy wipe the drool from your mouth.

It is a little bit early to pass judgment about Dimitroff's picks from this year. Hopefully it all pans out like you just put it though...

It is a little bit early to pass judgment about Dimitroff's picks from this year. Hopefully it all pans out like you just put it though...

You're right it is early, so far though so good. On the other hand It's not too early to judge McKay. I'm glad he doesn't make any football decisions now but it still galls me to see him as the spokesman for the Falcons at preseason games. His tenure is over for a reason and everytime I see him I think about his bad decisions. I would rather have Stephanie Blank speak for the Falcons then McKay.

McKay drafted pretty well here- if you disagree then you probably have too high expectations (Roddy, Dlo, Schaub, Boley, Norwood...). He engineered an impressive turnaround in Tampa and won a superbowl with them- not to mention that we got to the NFC championship under McKay here. I think it is good to have TD on board and I like the way his draft is looking at this point- but it is way too early to tell if ANY of them are going to pan out.

Ergo the reason I dont like FA acquisitions. Besides Abe what FA have we gotten lately thats worth a ****. Micheal Turner hasnt played yet.

Milloy, Mughelli

Other draftees would be

Darrent Stone, Laurent Robinson, Aaron Snelling(lol), I believe Brent Grimes(might not have been drafted)

While I think TD is better, as he should be since his job has been head of scouting, McKay didn't do as bad as people think. TD will end up having some bad ones as well, I think the difference being that TD will cut his losses sooner with that player.

I think there are 2 reasons McKay is still here:

1] He's really good at salary cap workings

2] his network of contacts around the NFL

3] 3?

3 reasons then :P

3] Blank has been a meddling owner and has made the decisions McKay is getting blamed for- I doubt MCkay extends Vick like that, overpays for the free agents, makes the coaching hires.

Look what happened last year when McKay finally had a coach who wanted large bodies on the front line- he drafted them in the first two rounds- too early to tell whether they're good players yet, but that's the way winning teams draft.

McKay's hands have been tied by decisions he didn't make.

Milloy, Mughelli

Other draftees would be

Darrent Stone, Laurent Robinson, Aaron Snelling(lol), I believe Brent Grimes(might not have been drafted)

While I think TD is better, as he should be since his job has been head of scouting, McKay didn't do as bad as people think. TD will end up having some bad ones as well, I think the difference being that TD will cut his losses sooner with that player.

Mughelli? Thats kind of a stretch. He hasnt gotten innjured but I think Griffith was just as serviceable for less money.

McKay drafted pretty well here- if you disagree then you probably have too high expectations (Roddy, Dlo, Schaub, Boley, Norwood...). He engineered an impressive turnaround in Tampa and won a superbowl with them- not to mention that we got to the NFC championship under McKay here. I think it is good to have TD on board and I like the way his draft is looking at this point- but it is way too early to tell if ANY of them are going to pan out.

I made the point that McKay did not have as much to do with Tampa Bay's success as Dungy and Tim Ruskell did. After Ruskell left the Falcons in 2005, McKays drafts were not very good. In 2006 our first round pick was Jimmy Williams. In 2007 our first pick, the 8th pick in the first round was Jamaal Anderson who has struggled mightly. You have to look at the whole picture. The signings of Jason Webster, Ike Reese, and Ed Hartwell are some free agent flops of McKays. Also look at the coaches McKay signed off on Mora and Petrino. To imply that McKay has done a good job with the Falcons is as Mike Tyson would say ludicrous. Apparently you have forgotten the fact that McKay was fired from the GM position for his bad performance. Thats a fact. And yeah I do have high expectations. When someone is paid millions of dollars to be a GM they better produce or else. You are right it is early to project TD's picks with 100% accuracy but they are looking very good right now.