I tried, i just dont see dj as a good qb

His footwork is bad half the time he was in the air when throwing.

Had it been a real team in reg season there would have been 2 or 3 picks (luckily ravens scrubs arent that good)

He doesn't know how to slide yet? wtf?

the ravens qb they just signed looked better up until half time than dj did

The td drive lucky was sustained by a automatic first down. Fin and weed fought for those yards. (but dj`s passes did look good for them 2)

i could go on and im sure many wont agree with me. But watch the game objectively and there is no good argument why dj looks like he can play at the nfl level. Potential doesn't cut it. He needs to get some solid work in.

The ravens clearly had more issues than we did. But those who acted like dj won the super bowl must be related to him. Because he just doesn't look like a nfl qb and he will never be one until he gets some solid work in.

Now granted ryan didn't look good either. But Ryan being the starter will get that work dj needs. Ryan will get better. Dj wont. The best thing for him is to go somewhere and try and get some solid work in. But his footwork alone and a unguided cannon isnt gonna make him a nfl qb. You see great mobile qb`s like mcnabb and they have poise in the pocket. Dj is bouncing around back there.

But while dj did have scrubs he had some solid rb`s and wr`s out there. But had ryan, redman or even joey played as long as dj did against that ravens team, i dont see how we could have lost. Had the ravens played some of their starters that will start reg season dj would have got ate alive.

Face it, dj on the bench isn't gonna make him better. It might sell a couple jerseys but it doesn't make a better falcon team.

O really casey Bramlet looked better?? funny how last year he was BEHIND SHOCKLEY!!! Shock has untapped Raw talent, and our coaching staff over the years have been refining it, plus DJ found the perfect offense for him. I could see him being a good back up, and mayb one day a starter for another team.

LOL

I agree many got too overhyped when DJ went in against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

The same people that said DJ did bad because he was put in with our worst offense, claimed Harrington looked terrible last night, when he was throw into the same last string offensive unit.

I think DJ would've been a good backup if we had Vick, but like one radiocaster I heard "One of these 4 quarterbacks is not like the others, 3 pocket passers, and a mobile cannon arm that should backup someone with the same strengths."

The same people that said DJ did bad because he was put in with our worst offense, claimed Harrington looked terrible last night, when he was throw into the same last string offensive unit.

I think DJ would've been a good backup if we had Vick, but like one radiocaster I heard "One of these 4 quarterbacks is not like the others, 3 pocket passers, and a mobile cannon arm that should backup someone with the same strengths."

Harrington looked worse than DJ did with the 3rd stringers. You can see the fear in Harrington's body language when he drops back to pass. Nothing against the guy but Harrington looks shell shocked.

I think alot of people are putting way too much emphasis on how any particular QB did in any particular preseason game. As fans, we have only a small fraction of the information the coaching staff has and not nearly enough to try and guess how each QB is being evaluated. The only thing we know with absolute certainty is that Ryan is the starter. What we know with less certainty is that Redman is the 2nd stringer...but the coaching staff has indicated that is not settled, either.

Harrington looked worse than DJ did with the 3rd stringers. You can see the fear in Harrington's body language when he drops back to pass. Nothing against the guy but Harrington looks shell shocked.

2-5 with an INT and 4-15, 63 yards, with an INT with the 3rd string....I'll take Harrington.

well i wouldnt consider dj a hopeless cause. remember we picked him up as a project. he has yet proven to be a 1st string qb but we had a few new regime in the hc position. i am sure there could be a situational plays that we have in the making.

2-5 with an INT and 4-15, 63 yards, with an INT with the 3rd string....I'll take Harrington.

harrington was 2/5 with 2 ints with the same 3rd stringers, and almost had 3 ints if it wasnt a false start, which i still dont see, and ill take DJ, who is still progressing, while harrington is digressing.

and Ofan stop bring your silly logic with you everywhere. didnt they teach you in Law School that MBs dont need no sticking logic.

DANIGHT

What happen to make you turn on DJ,

since you are a real fan from Virginia

You rooted for Vick and U stuck around for "Joey, Joey, Joey , Joey!"danight

so you cant be all that bad,

he is a good signing and that he would make a good backup,

Then sAid the 3rd stringer job may the best man win it!

Well, he did in practice, preseason, and he just happens to have a billion UGA Fans on his side.

Joey showed what he could in the final minutes of the game,

with the same players DJ had,

he threw another negative pass and close to two interceptions

While DJ took them down the field and almost won the game.

With all the 20+ yard pass attempts hitting the Wrs in the hands,

How could You say Joey is better?

Stats arent everything,

Did the QB make the right read and Deliver the ball, Shockley would get a check almost every play

Joey also got to play with Roddy, Turner, Jenkins, etc plus the first string line did he throw a pass over 5 yards?

Snellings pass was a 5 yarder that got turned into a huge gain!

BTW-Are there any Schaub /Snellings like players playing for Virginia that we should know about?

get em gafan

lol i think im back to my fighting self again.

Geez, you're the second person here who has called me "logical." I don't know if that is good or bad. :huh:

cmon its a football MB. we battle with heart and emotion, and logic kills that. I AM READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<MBN>!KH!LKJ !K?LH!K:L !! but i still love ya, and logic is good sometimes.

cmon its a football MB. we battle with heart and emotion, and logic kills that. I AM READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<MBN>!KH!LKJ !K?LH!K:L !! but i still love ya, and logic is good sometimes.

I've got plenty of heart and emotion...I'm just not willing to get stupid over anything just yet. I'll be glad when preseason is over and we can all enjoy what I hope is at least a competitive team. :D

I've got plenty of heart and emotion...I'm just not willing to get stupid over anything just yet. I'll be glad when preseason is over and we can all enjoy what I hope is at least a competitive team. :D

O i would never question your heart or emotion, and are you saying i was getting stupid over the shockley thing?? O im ready for the season also, and im optimistic, so im gonna say we come out with a 10-6 season.

harrington was 2/5 with 2 ints with the same 3rd stringers, and almost had 3 ints if it wasnt a false start, which i still dont see, and ill take DJ, who is still progressing, while harrington is digressing.

and Ofan stop bring your silly logic with you everywhere. didnt they teach you in Law School that MBs dont need no sticking logic.

you continue with false stats. you really are one of the dumbest fans around here.

you continue with false stats. you really are one of the dumbest fans around here.

hold up how is that false stats?? i got that from NFL.com, so how is it false?? please explain, since im one of the dumbest fans around here.

O sorry i meant 1 int with a chance of being 2 ints, but i guess 1 mistake makes me the dumbest fan. i think your mad that i was right that Shockley needed atleast an Oline to prove that he is better than the talent around him, but hey go ahead and think what you want, since i could care less what you think.

I do think the best man will win and i think thats what the coaches get paid to figure it out. They see all qb`s doing way more than i ever will and have way more insight. Dj needs work. Say we where faced with the situation the ravens where and dj had to start the season for us. Against a real teams starters i think he would get killed. Maybe it would be a good thing for him as he could learn from it. We already have 1 young qb we have to have growing pains with, do we really want a backup that will have growing pains as well? With joey we know what we get.

Ive always thought joey was a good choice for backup. He got thrown into a real bad situation last season. Had dj stayed healthy maybe he could have got some good work then and excelled his career. But when he went down against the raven everyone had to cringe that could be a injury in the making.

But watching qb`s throw the ball with out planting their feet or in mid jump is scary. You dont see mannings or brady doing that. He had a arm no doubt. But so did vick and just like vick he isnt accurate. Now granted deeps balls are alot to do with timing and the wr.

But if the coaches think dj is good enough to keep. Im cool with it. But it is gonna be annoying watching 100 dj is the future threads. If dj gets cut its really gonna be annoying watching 100 "we just threw away the future" threads that come the next min. after he gets cut.

For the record i didn't like schuab either. I never thought he was as good as Vick and i still think we robbed the texans on that deal. You may not agree. But dj couldn't even take the number 2 spot from him. Dj not expected to be good enough was the exact reason joey was brought in anyways.

Joey was brought in and is still here because dj has a ? mark over him. But is dj gonna get better on the bench or would he be better going to work in cfl or somewhere and actually get back into the game and get some tapes of what he can do and what he can do constantly.

We see people say if we trade joey we could get something. Even lefty got a job this year and joey probably could also if we did trade/cut him. But is dj good enough to land another job with another team if we cut him? What would dj be worth in a trade right now?

People wanna say joey sucks, but dj hasn't proved he is better (yet) or the coaches would have said it. People dont even see that as ironic at all? The thing about me is im cool with who ever we keep and im sure the coaches will have plenty of reason as to who they do choose. But many of the dj fans are gonna freak out if he doesn't make the team, even if the coaches have reasons for it.

O i would never question your heart or emotion, and are you saying i was getting stupid over the shockley thing?? O im ready for the season also, and im optimistic, so im gonna say we come out with a 10-6 season.

Read again:

"I think alot of people are putting way too much emphasis on how any particular QB did in any particular preseason game. As fans, we have only a small fraction of the information the coaching staff has and not nearly enough to try and guess how each QB is being evaluated. The only thing we know with absolute certainty is that Ryan is the starter. What we know with less certainty is that Redman is the 2nd stringer...but the coaching staff has indicated that is not settled, either."

Do I think some people have gotten stupid on this subject? See my sig. Do I think some people are assuming they know things they couldn't possibly know unless they are a member of the coaching staff? See above.

Read again:

"I think alot of people are putting way too much emphasis on how any particular QB did in any particular preseason game. As fans, we have only a small fraction of the information the coaching staff has and not nearly enough to try and guess how each QB is being evaluated. The only thing we know with absolute certainty is that Ryan is the starter. What we know with less certainty is that Redman is the 2nd stringer...but the coaching staff has indicated that is not settled, either."

Do I think some people have gotten stupid on this subject? See my sig. Do I think some people are assuming they know things they couldn't possibly know unless they are a member of the coaching staff? See above.

I think its messed up you got buckeyes in your sig, since he is a good person, and is just very passionate about Shockley's ability. I know we dont know much about what is going on, but we can speculate on whats going to happen, and sometimes being super optimistic is a good thing, but it has its bad moments, when supporting a franchise known for losing.