• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get why in the world we would keep him. We are not going to win this year in my opinion. So who cares which backup QB takes the reigns if ryan goes down. The difference in redman and harrington/shockley is 1 or 2 games more wins so it's worth taking a trade. Since he will probably leave next year anyways.

i agree and like Ofan said his stock isnt gonna rise anymore than it has, since ryan is here, and id take a good young guy over redman anyday.

Once the details of the McCown trade come out, we'll get a good idea of what the "going price" is for a second string/perhaps starting QB is going for these days.

Im hearing from some people it's gonna be a 5th to 6th. which is ok. You can find people like bierman, boley, brown, and Snelling in the 5th to 6th all day long as long as you know how to scout which i think our team does now.

Also people are ruling out a package deal. Someone like Forney + Redman for a better player at a position of need where someone is over loaded at.

Im hearing from some people it's gonna be a 5th to 6th. which is ok. You can find people like bierman, boley, brown, and Snelling in the 5th to 6th all day long as long as you know how to scout which i think our team does now.

Also people are ruling out a package deal. Someone like Forney + Redman for a better player at a position of need where someone is over loaded at.

Miami Herald

Looks like Miami got a seventh rounder, but I wonder if the trade has a clause tied to McCown's playing time? The more he plays, the higher the pick?

idk if i would want to do a trade involving redman...he's the only one i would feel comfortable with outside of Ryan...We'd be in an absolute s**thole if ryan goes down. Oh god i would not want to see Harrington for another season! and shockley god i wouldnt even watch games anymore

idk if i would want to do a trade involving redman...he's the only one i would feel comfortable with outside of Ryan...We'd be in an absolute s**thole if ryan goes down. Oh god i would not want to see Harrington for another season! and shockley god i wouldnt even watch games anymore

I don't get it? If we was a super bowl contender this year i could see us not doing it. But we are rebuilding for the next 2 yrs or so. So whats the use in keeping a 30+ yr old backup when we can get us extra picks next year for younger players to help build on. Would you rather win 2 more games this year or have a chance to pickup someone who could be a starter for us some day.

Don't get too excited folks. The teams in need are exploring possibilities. It is all part of the process. There are going to be more than a few QB's released in the next couple of days and I'm sure there are a number of teams contacting Tampa for some kind of deal as well. I do not think the front office would take this kind of risk with an untested rookie quarterback starting behind an, as yet, unproven offensive line. I'm sure that TD and the rest of the scouting department is evaluating the trade offers, but without a deal that is just too good to pass up, Redman will stay put. My retort to a 4th - 6th round offer would be, "for that, Joey Harrington is available."

People aren't expecting us to do anything this year anyways... Might as well get something for older players and let the younger guys learn by being on the field...

I agree with you on this, but I would want no less than a conditional 4th for Redman. (it would become a 3rd or better depending on performnce).

DJ could move the offense well enoungh to be competitive, but please don't let Joey on the field.

Why what good would it help us really? Instead of going 4-12 with shockley and harrington we would go 6-10 at best with redman. Is that really worth throwing away a future player we could get?

Still got to be competitive in order to fill the dome next year. If you completely dismantle the team, with wins 3-4 years away, ticket sales will slump.

I agree with you on this, but I would want no less than a conditional 4th for Redman. (it would become a 3rd or better depending on performnce).

DJ could move the offense well enoungh to be competitive, but please don't let Joey on the field.

I agree. I think we could get a third round pick for Redman. It might have to be a conditional pick, but I am sure Baltimore and/or Kansas City would give us that to get a consistent quarterback. Baltimore has a good enough team to challenge in the AFC if they only have a quarterback...

I would be fine with Harrington or Shockley on the field if something happened. I just see Redman sitting on the bench and not doing anything this year. We need to move him and get a draft pick for him...

Why would any team spend a 3rd round pick on Redman?

McCown is a more proven QB then him and he went for a 7th right? People need to stop thinking about what we'd like to get for him and think what we would realistically get for him and that would be at best a low round pick. He'd be nothing more then a number 2/3 QB at most teams and thats assuming he picks up the playbook quickly.

How can anyone call Redman a consistent quarterback I don't know? What has he done to be consistent?