Interesting Preseason Stats

Falcons Ace

Chevis Jackson is tied for 4th in passes defensed, with 6.

Brent Grimes is tied for 2nd with 7. Grimes leads all CBs in the NFL in that catagory.

Matt Ryan has performed best out of all rookie QBs who have attempted an average of 14 passes a game. Here are his stats in comparison to the other rookies.

He is last in attempts.

2nd in completion %

Last in attempts per game.

2nd in total yards.

2nd in YPA(yards per attempt)

1st with 2 TDs compared to 1 TDs for Chad and Joe.

2nd in INTs. Joe has 0, Ryan has 1, and Henne has 2.

2nd in 1st down %

Last in longest play with 25 yards for a TD. Chad up by one, and Joe up by 5.

Last in 20+ yard plays. 1 less than Joe and 3 less than Chad.

Has been sacked 4 times, tied with Chad, and Joe has 6.

Ryan leads in QB rating.

Kroy is tied for 2nd in the NFL with 3 sacks.

Michael Turner is argueably the best RB so far this preseason. He has been the biggest playmaker, running for two 20+ yarders and two 40+ yarders. He is one of the best in rushing average and is 8th overall, but everyone above him have nearly double or more his attempts.

The Falcons are 5th overall in rushing.

The Falcons are 5th overall in defense

The Falcons are 7th overall in points allowed.

The Falcons are 2nd overall in passes defensed, only behind the Jets.

Lofton is Top 10 in tackles.

Brent Grimes is tied for 2nd with 7. Grimes leads all CBs in the NFL in that catagory.

Matt Ryan has performed best out of all rookie QBs who have attempted an average of 14 passes a game. Here are his stats in comparison to the other rookies.

He is last in attempts.

2nd in completion %

2nd in total yards.

2nd in 1st down %

Ryan leads in QB rating.

Michael Turner is argueably the best RB so far this preseason. He has been the biggest playmaker, running for two 20+ yarders and two 40+ yarders. He is one of the best in rushing average and is 8th overall, but everyone above him have nearly double or more his attempts.

they were interesting last year as well, didnt the foulcons win 3 out of 4 preseason games but in the regular season win 4 out of 16

they were interesting last year as well, didnt the foulcons win 3 out of 4 preseason games but in the regular season win 4 out of 16

Yes, and what does that have to do with anything? I'm merely pointing out stats, not trying to say we will be the ubber team going into the season, just fun to see where some of our younger guys stack up compared to others.

Yes, and what does that have to do with anything? I'm merely pointing out stats, not trying to say we will be the ubber team going into the season, just fun to see where some of our younger guys stack up compared to others.

i too was looking at stats. it just seemed to bring back memorys of the predictions going into the 1st game last year with all the excitement on how the foulcons were going to be the champs of the south. somehow i dont think they knew what was expected of them :lol::lol::lol:

i wonder if anyone told them this year

We actually did really well at the beginning of the year (defensively) and if it wasn't for our horrible kicker at the beggining of the year we could have won more games. Who knows what confidence would have done for the team last year.

We actually did really well at the beginning of the year (defensively) and if it wasn't for our horrible kicker at the beggining of the year we could have won more games. Who knows what confidence would have done for the team last year.

with that said it makes me ask myself how many seasons have they found more ways to lose than win

with that said it makes me ask myself how many seasons have they found more ways to lose than win

Yeah we definitely found many ways to lose last year, but with the play of our offensive line and our horrible running game we didn't deserve to win many games. Our defense was a lot better than it was ranked last year, but they were out on the field way too much. I like the Michael Turner pick up, and if the O-Line can give us a push, 9-10 wins isn't out of the question, but it is hard to win with a rookie QB so I'm not gonna hold breath.

Yeah we definitely found many ways to lose last year, but with the play of our offensive line and our horrible running game we didn't deserve to win many games. Our defense was a lot better than it was ranked last year, but they were out on the field way too much. I like the Michael Turner pick up, and if the O-Line can give us a push, 9-10 wins isn't out of the question, but it is hard to win with a rookie QB so I'm not gonna hold breath.

its hard to win with excessive turnovers and penalties. imo these will do this team more damage this season than the rookie qb

He is last in attempts.

2nd in completion %

2nd in total yards.

2nd in 1st down %

Ryan leads in QB rating.

I will counter that the only interesting stat of pre-season is 8/29/08. The date it is over.

He is last in attempts.

2nd in completion %

2nd in total yards.

2nd in 1st down %

Ryan leads in QB rating.

Whata bunch of useless info... Is it more or is Pre-seasona A complete waste!

Who cares who's rated where... Its pre-season!

Whata bunch of useless info... Is it more or is Pre-seasona A complete waste!

Who cares who's rated where... Its pre-season!

see, the delusion has reached epic levels around here. It's so bad that they think preseason stats mean something, they think these stats will carry over into the season. I have never seen so much insanity on a team's MB before. It's hirlaious, entertaining and sad all at the same time

see, the delusion has reached epic levels around here. It's so bad that they think preseason stats mean something, they think these stats will carry over into the season. I have never seen so much insanity on a team's MB before. It's hirlaious, entertaining and sad all at the same time

Jigga what.

Been some very pleasant surprises.

Ryan, really cant call surprise, you should be pretty goood if you are top 10. (Unless of course you are a DE which everyone knows take 3 years to develop)

Bakers and Lofton assuming starting positions is very good but also reflects on last years weakness.

DBs especially Grimes play has been miraculous.

Bierman and Turner are who we thought they were.

Im finding myself trying to argue with sum of them... I'll learn.

You antifalcons, do realize this is a falcon message board specifically for Falcon FANS?? Right?? So of course true fans should be upbeat about their team, that is why they are fans. If you don't really like it GO AWAY. As for all you guys quoting JIGGA, and Consistant, please stop, I ignore them and then see their stupid posts in your quotes, and it annoys me to no end, to see their stupidity.

You antifalcons, do realize this is a falcon message board specifically for Falcon FANS?? Right?? So of course true fans should be upbeat about their team, that is why they are fans. If you don't really like it GO AWAY. As for all you guys quoting JIGGA, and Consistant, please stop, I ignore them and then see their stupid posts in your quotes, and it annoys me to no end, to see their stupidity.

are my post stupid because theres no truth in them or are they stupid because its not what you want to hear? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: