Ed Reed's career could be shortened

nuccah

Ravens | Reed has nerve impingement

Fri, 29 Aug 2008 13:41:08 -0700

Updating previous reports, Jamison Hensley, of The Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens FS Ed Reed (neck, shoulder) revealed he has a nerve impingement in his neck and shoulder. He said he hopes he can play Week 1 but is more concerned about his long-term health. "Hopefully, I can get back, but health is more important right now," Reed said. "It's a long season and I feel like the team is going to need me more down the line than earlier and having to get hurt and can't play again." He has not taken any serious contact this offseason and did not play in any of the team's preseason games. He said he does not need surgery at this time. However, when he does need the surgery, it would end his career.

wow, that sucks! hopefully its not as serious as it sounds and he can retire on his own terms.

man, merriman, osi... now ed reed! holy crap!

Man that is alot of star players hurt on the defensive side of the ball. With these guys out and if Abraham keeps it up, he could be the favorite for defensive player of the year