I think "it is only the 3rd string qb"

mc

quote is quite funny. If Redman has to start for any reason, he will quickly be benched. Redman is not good. Ryan is the best qb on the roster, hands down and hopefully he stays healthy. Shockley is 2nd best right now, so the 3rd string qb is very important. Hopefully he develops like garrard did w/ the jags. Unless you are racist or like to lose, no one should be supporting Joey Harrington.

harrington has robbed this franchise of more money than ALL the THUGS in the world combined....

DO you realize how many years Harrington woudl have to play in a row to rob the team of the amount VIck did?

. . and calling SHockley the second best QB on the roster provokes a very deep belly laugh.

I think it's time for Joey to hang the cleats up and find another career path. Then again, how many jobs are there that pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to stand around holding a clipboard? I just think his career is dead, and he has to know it by now. He has had a chance to play in every conceivable Offense the NFL has to offer and he could not get it done in any of them.

Joey seems like a great guy, someone you would like to hang out with or invite over for dinner, but he has no business Quarterbacking in the NFL. He seems pretty smart though, maybe he could be a coach at a highschool or college somewhere. Ryan Leaf did it.

I think it's time for Joey to hang the cleats up and find another career path. Then again, how many jobs are there that pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to stand around holding a clipboard? I just think his career is dead, and he has to know it by now. He has had a chance to play in every conceivable Offense the NFL has to offer and he could not get it done in any of them.

Joey seems like a great guy, someone you would like to hang out with or invite over for dinner, but he has no business Quarterbacking in the NFL. He seems pretty smart though, maybe he could be a coach at a highschool or college somewhere. Ryan Leaf did it.

How exactly did Vick steal, or Joey? They signed contracts that were agreed upon by both sides. McKay laundered that money :lol::lol::lol:

How exactly did Vick steal, or Joey? They signed contracts that were agreed upon by both sides. McKay laundered that money :lol::lol::lol:

robbery can include consent...its one of the definitons. If a particluar player signs a contract, then defaults on it by not playing hard (joey) or not playing at all (vick), they did not EARN a cent of it, and therefore it IS a form of white collar robbery

harrington has robbed this franchise of more money than ALL the THUGS in the world combined....

What!? Joey Harrington robbed this franchise???

This is his second year...

Last year he got paid what? 2-3 million dollars including all the bonuses? And he started like 10 games for the team...

He signed a 1 million dollar contract for this year!? Taht's like the lowest paid veteran QB...

how can u say he robbed the franchise? He got paid to backup Vick last year and he instead was the starter.

And who r the thugs u r referring to?

robbery can include consent...its one of the definitons. If a particluar player signs a contract, then defaults on it by not playing hard (joey) or not playing at all (vick), they did not EARN a cent of it, and therefore it IS a form of white collar robbery

What r u talking about? Joey didnt play hard? What kind of dumb perspective is that. Joey is not alot of things, including a good quarterback, but he is a hard worker... Why would u say that he's not?

What r u talking about? Joey didnt play hard? What kind of dumb perspective is that. Joey is not alot of things, including a good quarterback, but he is a hard worker... Why would u say that he's not?

if someone's skills deterirate every year...its either a lack of motivation or injuries...last time i checked joey hasnt been hurt in atlanta...so why cant he throw a ball 10 feet without hitting his reciever in the feet?? i believe he just doesnt care anymore

I don't know, but for all the people whining that there is 'Hate' of DJ, the only person I see people maligning the _Character_ of is Harruington. Who is being a 'hater'?|

Only hours to go and dj will be working at walmart this season.

^ this is the kind of **** i never understood. why is it that if a NFL player doesnt make it, then they work at MickyDs or walmart?? i mean they went to college, and most have degrees, which Shockley does, PLUS Shockley has connects. I highly doubt Harrington or Shockley will be working were you work, and if he did he would probably be working there, since he owns the store.

^ this is the kind of **** i never understood. why is it that if a NFL player doesnt make it, then they work at MickyDs or walmart?? i mean they went to college, and most have degrees, which Shockley does, PLUS Shockley has connects. I highly doubt Harrington or Shockley will be working were you work, and if he did he would probably be working there, since he owns the store.

I woudl have to more or less agree. I see no evidence that SHockley is dumb and couldn't get a perfectly good job outside of football> The attack was u7ncalled for.

Just as uncalled for as all of the posts trying to malign Harrington's _Character_ are. TAlk about his ability all you want, same with SHockley, but the personal destruction stuff is absurd.

maybe he can coach and do piano recitals on the side.

I woudl have to more or less agree. I see no evidence that SHockley is dumb and couldn't get a perfectly good job outside of football> The attack was u7ncalled for.

Just as uncalled for as all of the posts trying to malign Harrington's _Character_ are. TAlk about his ability all you want, same with SHockley, but the personal destruction stuff is absurd.

agree talk about skills all you want, but both are great character guys, who will be doing something better after football.

so considering dj has an economics degree from UGA, that makes him alot more valuable to the private sector than a wal-mart greeter, nice try though

DJ probably owns a MickyDs or 2 by now, since i know if you by a MickyDs that if you dont become a millionaire after 3 years they give you one for free, until you become a millionaire.

quote is quite funny. If Redman has to start for any reason, he will quickly be benched. Redman is not good. Ryan is the best qb on the roster, hands down and hopefully he stays healthy. Shockley is 2nd best right now, so the 3rd string qb is very important. Hopefully he develops like garrard did w/ the jags. Unless you are racist or like to lose, no one should be supporting Joey Harrington.

Shockley is NOT going to see the field this year.

If he's the #3 QB and the #1 and #2 can't play because they are hurt then we're probably going to end up signing a vet to play QB like Culpepper....

I like DJ but you need to realize he will most likely not touch the field.

He's a project and "development" every snap you give him means one less for Ryan.

Who's the bigger priority? The 70 million dollar QB or the guy you might put on the practivce squad?

I am not endorsing Harrington btw.

The 3rd string QB should never see the field.

if someone's skills deterirate every year...its either a lack of motivation or injuries...last time i checked joey hasnt been hurt in atlanta...so why cant he throw a ball 10 feet without hitting his reciever in the feet?? i believe he just doesnt care anymore

I dont think his skills deteriorated. He started off his first season in the NFL as a bad quarterback and right now he's a bad quarterback. Joey Harrington was never a phenom. Hes been consistant in his whole NFL career with ups and downs. Consistant as in whenever he goes up, he comes back down and vise versa. Some people get better as years go on, and some people don't. And if people don't get better, sometimes it's just a matter of your capabilities whether it be physical or mental.

And even if Joey didn't try hard last year, then that means he's never tried hard in this whole nfl career. His performance last year is reflective of his past performances. So if Falcons signed Joey to a contract with that kind of knowledge, then Joey didn't rob anyone. It was Falcons' fault for thinking that Joey will "try harder" last year than any of his past years.