ESPN Ranks the 32 fan bases...

FalconMama

Link

30. Falcons

Consecutive sellouts: 0 | Season-ticket waiting list: None

The Georgia Dome has the potential to be loud, but it seldom has been. The Falcons have struggled through much of their existence. The Braves and the University of Georgia are the favorites in this town, and the Falcons only draw attention when they're good.

Ranking 1-5, 1 being great, 5 being worst.

Stadium factor (St.): Loud? Great atmosphere? Falcons rank -2

• Live and die factor (LDF): Fans take loss hard? (That's a good thing.) Falcons rank- 5

• Traveling road show factor (Travel): Big presence in other guys' stadium? Falcons rank- 5

• Loyalty when team sucks (Loyal): You score points with us if you stick with a loser. Falcons rank- 5

• Hate factor (Hate): Other teams' fans dislike your fans? (Hate is good in our book.) Falcons rank- 4

• Tailgate factor (TG): Home tailgates sizzling or stale? Falcons rank- 3

• Home fans' creativity (CF): Wacky ideas … or not? Falcons rank- 4

I thought we had consecutive sellouts during the Vick Era??

those ratings are ridiculous and more than likely northeast bias. My friends and I go to 6 or 7 ROAD games a year and see fans in other places all the time.as far as people hating us, panther fans continuously make posts about how much they hate atlanta...the team, the city...etc... cause we have owned them in our history and always bring a lot of people. Whoever made this is obviously not a professional. its ridiculous. How are you going to make a numerical scale and then award negative numbers and also claim an unbias?? nonsense

Link

30. Falcons

Consecutive sellouts: 0 | Season-ticket waiting list: None

The Georgia Dome has the potential to be loud, but it seldom has been. The Falcons have struggled through much of their existence. The Braves and the University of Georgia are the favorites in this town, and the Falcons only draw attention when they're good.

Ranking 1-5, 1 being great, 5 being worst.

Stadium factor (St.): Loud? Great atmosphere? Falcons rank -2

• Live and die factor (LDF): Fans take loss hard? (That's a good thing.) Falcons rank- 5

• Traveling road show factor (Travel): Big presence in other guys' stadium? Falcons rank- 5

• Loyalty when team sucks (Loyal): You score points with us if you stick with a loser. Falcons rank- 5

• Hate factor (Hate): Other teams' fans dislike your fans? (Hate is good in our book.) Falcons rank- 4

• Tailgate factor (TG): Home tailgates sizzling or stale? Falcons rank- 3

• Home fans' creativity (CF): Wacky ideas … or not? Falcons rank- 4

I thought we had consecutive sellouts during the Vick Era??

i did too

kind of on/off topic, but I remember all of the Tampa Bay fans talking about our city being a poor sports town, when the Devil Rays who are doing extremely well in MLB can barely fill up any seats. I know the Braves didnt sell out a playoff game, but come on we had been to the playoff's 14 straight years.

I'd figure Tampa would embrace the new found success of their baseball team but really have not.

Last seasons miserable season has led people to believe that we hav been horrible for the past 10-15 years.

If you think about it the Falcons have made more Playoff appearnces over that time span than several other teams.

Yeah when we have a bad year we go all out.Last year and 2003?(Vicks leg) for example but overall I would think the Falcons

are about middle of the pack .

partial blame for worst fan fare is due to the negativity from atlanta "sports analyst" such as terrance moore. but other than that we have wayyy too many fair weather fans, lol this is probably due to so many transplants to our city.

those ratings are ridiculous and more than likely northeast bias. My friends and I go to 6 or 7 ROAD games a year and see fans in other places all the time.as far as people hating us, panther fans continuously make posts about how much they hate atlanta...the team, the city...etc... cause we have owned them in our history and always bring a lot of people. Whoever made this is obviously not a professional. its ridiculous. How are you going to make a numerical scale and then award negative numbers and also claim an unbias?? nonsense

I think those numbers are pretty generous, actually. Especially in light of the fact that no other team in the NFL has a fanbase that obsessively agonizes over the fate of their 4th string QB solely because he's a hometown boy that played his college ball at the local university.

Who was #31 and #32, anyway?