Not bad for a team ranked No. 32

Bring It

Little ole Atlanta Falcons....................consistantly ranked No. 32 by all the national media talking heads.

But..............how can this be ???

Of the 32 teams in the NFL, the lowly Atlanta Falcons were the ONLY team to finish the 4 game pre-season with ZERO TD's allowed by the defense. Is this correct ???

Not bad for a dismal team ranked No. 32, huh ???

Little ole Atlanta Falcons....................consistantly ranked No. 32 by all the national media talking heads.

Of the 32 teams in the NFL, the lowly Atlanta Falcons were the ONLY team to finish the 4 game pre-season with ZERO TD's allowed by the defense. Is this correct ???

Didn't allow a Touchdown in the last 13 (I thought it was 14, but they said 13) quarters, but I'm pretty sure we allowed one against Jacksonville.

holding guys like casey bramlett and jim sorgi scoreless is not that great of a feat...now if they held guys like manning and brady scoreless for 14 quarters i would be climbing up the wall with excitement. I think we have a really good defense this year, dont get me wrong....but the scrub offenses were the main ones playing against us during that stretch

If there was ever a time for the "It's just preseason term, now would be the time to say it."

Obviously if you look at how oustanding the defense was over the pre-season...

I think we can project we will be the #1 defense in the NFL and not allow a touchdown this season because of how well we did in the pre-season.

:huh:

Just kidding.

It's pre-season. Let's not get carried away with pre-season stats...

Jacksonville scored in the 2nd quarter i think. So thats 14 Quarters. Still impressive, but experts are going to wait until we do it in the regular season before they start praising us.
holding guys like casey bramlett and jim sorgi scoreless is not that great of a feat...now if they held guys like manning and brady scoreless for 14 quarters i would be climbing up the wall with excitement. I think we have a really good defense this year, dont get me wrong....but the scrub offenses were the main ones playing against us during that stretch

I would say Blur and The commish have 2 very good points. Im still excited about it though. I mean how long has it been since the defense had the "OOOOH" factor (fx. when Nichols and Lofton tackles).

Obviously if you look at how oustanding the defense was over the pre-season...

I think we can project we will be the #1 defense in the NFL and not allow a touchdown this season because of how well we did in the pre-season. Smith will be coach of the year, Ryan will be MVP of the league, White will have 2,000 and 45 TD's, Turner will rush for 2,000, and the team will win the SB going 14-2.

That's way too logical for this board, I fixed it for you.

P

R

E

S

E

A

S

O

N

Let's continue it into games that count before we start getting excited about this.

Many superbowl teams have gone winless or just 1 win in the preseason games, and many, many more undefeated preseason teams have gone on to be out of the playoff picture by week 8.

I really enjoy everyone's optimism but the reality is, we are one of the weakest teams in the league and we didn't play any real offenses with its starters :(

Let enjoy this season watching our teams progress, and please don't expect to much and get bummed out :(

We are in for a rough, but fun year of player growth.

It's only pre-season.

I'm tired of this worn out cliche.

The NFL has evolved. The money involved is astronomical..................both owners and players shares. Show me a player or coach who says they don't care about winning in pre season and I'll show you either a LIAR or a LOSER.

To save time I'll reply now to the "How bout Bill Belichick" ?? rants.

HE's A LIAR. Anyone past the age of 8 knows that.

Every player............ESPECIALLY rookies desperately want to make their team. They play their d.amn best, and then beyond that to be sure they look impressive on the tape that never lies............................unlike Belichick. (Sorry,couldn't resist that one).

The fact that the Falcons defense gave up almost ZERO TD's is impressive. D,AMN IMPRESSIVE !!!!

You'll never hear it from the talking heads, however.

Pathetic.