~38 Million Watched Obama's Acceptance Speech, 80,000 Were There

womfalcs3

Obama's Speech Draws Big Audience

Gallup poll shows Obama up by 6 points as of yesterday, and pollsters are saying that's only the beginning of the bump. Clintons' effect has yet to develop fully, and last night's speech has yet to even be factored into the equation.

Not me, or the 40,000 other people that watched Ramirez hit one over the fence for the Cubbies in the 8th. It was a sight of beauty... :)

That's wishful thinking. The Palin pick is a historical moment as well and it could very well cancel out any bump that Obama got. I will admit that Bill's speech was impressive and it would be hard to stump that.

Hillary's performance was more historical than Palin's pick. Considering:

- There has been a previous female VP candidate, and that ticket lost.

- Palin is unknown, and is being investigated by her own state.

- Palin is very pro-life... which is something most women nowadays are against.

- Hillary could actually have been a presidential candidate... it was VERY close.

People will ultimately vote on the issues. America doesn't want 4 more years of similar economic and foreign policies.

Hillary's performance was more historical than Palin's pick. Considering:

- There has been a previous female VP candidate, and that ticket lost.

- Palin is unknown, and is being investigated by her own state.

- Palin is very pro-life... which is something most women nowadays are against.

- Hillary could actually have been a presidential candidate... it was VERY close.

People will ultimately vote on the issues. America doesn't want 4 more years of similar economic and foreign policies.

Saying she's being investigated by her own state is a serious stretch. Some democrats in the legislature asked for an investigation into her firing of a cabinet member. The cabinet member aparently fired a FORMER brother in law of hers. God forbid she want to get things done in her state...

Saying she's being investigated by her own state is a serious stretch. Some democrats in the legislature asked for an investigation into her firing of a cabinet member. The cabinet member aparently fired a FORMER brother in law of hers. God forbid she want to get things done in her state...

Palin herself has admitted to wrongdoing... she just claims she didn't authorize that act. Now who truly believes that a cabinet member would act autonomously in pressuring the termination of a person who's related to the governor?

Palin herself has admitted to wrongdoing... she just claims she didn't authorize that act. Now who truly believes that a cabinet member would act autonomously in pressuring the termination of a person who's related to the governor?

Well, I'd be a little more likely to believe she's sincere about it, given her penchant for ethics reform. She is a politican though, so who the **** knows. I just try to consider the source. And when the source is the guy that got fired and a couple of party leaders for the other side, I take it with a grain of salt.

And yes, I have heard the recording. And it is damning, but it isn't her. It's an aide.

I watched the speech, until my retching became too uncomfortable......I should have been able to tough it out though, after all if Obama could choke all that propagandized bs out, I could have at least listened to it all.

:rolleyes:

i expected nothing less from you guys. if you were actually proud or impressed with how he did (god forbid) i would have really been worried.

I was impressed that he didn't fumble all over his words, but he usually does pretty good when he is reading a prepared speech. But Lord knows that if he had been giving that speech off the cuff, it would have taken two more hours to get past all of the "uhh, um, yeah, duh".

Other than that, the speech was typical Democratic rhetoric.

thats what i like to hear.

any of you guys going to the RNC? its in MY territory so i might make the trek back to protest it (its only right isnt it? :P ) since hundreds of people from my school are planning a big convoy. its a 5 hour drive but it will be fun as he**.

Obama's Speech Draws Big Audience

Gallup poll shows Obama up by 6 points as of yesterday, and pollsters are saying that's only the beginning of the bump. Clintons' effect has yet to develop fully, and last night's speech has yet to even be factored into the equation.

Its believed that it was more than that. Dont forget there were viewing parties all over the country. There were thousands in Times Square looking at it. A whole lot of mega churches showed it and a lot of colleges did too. I have friends at Ohio State, Florida State and Howard U, all had big screens out on the campus yards. It was probably more like 50 million watching a 42 min political speech. Now thats impressive.

you liberals are getting lost in the numbers once again, Even some Television pudits said dont get too impressed by the numbers, they will mean nothing when all Americans go to the polls on November 4th, and Obama did not make "I have a dream Speech" There was nothing new or legendary in this attack on John McCain, nothing that will be remembered, except maybe the Fireworks at the end but that will not even matter on Election day.

I know a lot of people like me had to take a Blood Pressure pill just to get though it but I bet the Majority of people who watched it on TV were people who agree with ME !!!!

Its believed that it was more than that. Dont forget there were viewing parties all over the country. There were thousands in Times Square looking at it. A whole lot of mega churches showed it and a lot of colleges did too. I have friends at Ohio State, Florida State and Howard U, all had big screens out on the campus yards. It was probably more like 50 million watching a 42 min political speech. Now thats impressive.

Let's be real, he's draw a lot of attention that most if not all politians do not attract. He's a celebrity.

That's what pro-dem pollsters always say when the post-convention bump is small:

"The bump isn't finished yet" :D

If Obama's final convention bump in a few days is anywhere less than 15 points, he's in trouble.

so true gallup is known democrat w/ biased hatred of republicans!!! 15 point bump is minimum standard that every candidate has gotten some bumps have been high as 35 points so 15 point bump would even be low end for obama!!! remember even walter mondale got 29 point convention pump & he lost every state but one!!! algore had 26 point bump fer god's sake!!! bob dole was best he got historic 35 point bump post convention!!! obama can't even beat bob dole for convention bump???

obama's failure if he doesn't get 15 point bump that ever single presidential candidate in history has always gotten!!!!

Let's be real, he's draw a lot of attention that most if not all politians do not attract. He's a celebrity.

The fact that this many people in this country watched a political speech when collectively we have the attention span of a gnat is impressive no matter what you call him.

This is what Obama Offers the American People ............

1.) A Change to Higher taxes across the Board, The Rich and well to do buisness owners will get hit hardest and they already pay over 60% of all Federal Taxes, This will force them to Cut employees, Salaries and Benefits further damaging the Economy........That is Change for Sure.

2.) A Change to a Weak and ineffective Military, Obama will Talk to Rouge States with no preconditions and follow the letter of the UN even when it stands against long-standing U.S policies. There will be a withdraw not only from Iraq but from the War on Terror as well. We will adapt a stance like we had under Bill Clinton in the 1990's and Bin Laden will be able to come out of his cave and take a piss again. Russia will be enpowered, as will Iran and Israel will be in even graver danger as Obama will bow to the Islamic vipers. This is a Change for Sure form our strong stance since 9/11.

3.) Obama/biden will usher in a age of Liberalism we have never yet seen with Harry Reid and Nancy Pope Pelosi, and this Country will be in Dire Straights. And that will be a Great Change indeed.......