Has Shockley looked better than his numbers? Has Harrington looked worse?

Mr Pickle1

I have watched every single snap of the preseason for the Falcons. I am a Georgia fan, but not a homerish one. Shockley is backup caliber, no more, IMO. He is not "Da future"...neither is Taylor, or Milner, or Thomas Brown.

What I see on this board, however, is either a strong pro Shockley feel, or a very anti Shockley feel..

After watching all the plays of the preseason, it seems fairly clear to me that D.J. brings more to the table as the no. 3 than does Harrington. His numbers aren't as good, but for all the talk of "excuse making" for D.J., he has thrown more than a few OUTSTANDING balls that get dropped 30 yards downfield, and until last night, he's not even had adequate protection. Harrington has routinely gotten more protection, and MUCH better receiver play. I have yet to see Harrington make the caliber of throws D.J. has shown he can make, or demonstrate the pocket awareness, or athleticism. Harrington dumps off and takes sacks...he doesn't even TRY to make bigtime plays. D.J. does...and if his teammates had helped him out as much as they have Ryan, etc...his numbers would look substantially better.

If Shock gets cut, I'm hardly going to stage a protest, but I do feel that he is the better qb if we had a game on the line, down by 6, both qb's ahead of him carted off the field. I'd rather have D.J. than Harrington in that situation.

I have watched every single snap of the preseason for the Falcons. I am a Georgia fan, but not a homerish one. Shockley is backup caliber, no more, IMO. He is not "Da future"...neither is Taylor, or Milner, or Thomas Brown.

What I see on this board, however, is either a strong pro Shockley feel, or a very anti Shockley feel..

After watching all the plays of the preseason, it seems fairly clear to me that D.J. brings more to the table as the no. 3 than does Harrington. His numbers aren't as good, but for all the talk of "excuse making" for D.J., he has thrown more than a few OUTSTANDING balls that get dropped 30 yards downfield, and until last night, he's not even had adequate protection. Harrington has routinely gotten more protection, and MUCH better receiver play. I have yet to see Harrington make the caliber of throws D.J. has shown he can make, or demonstrate the pocket awareness, or athleticism. Harrington dumps off and takes sacks...he doesn't even TRY to make bigtime plays. D.J. does...and if his teammates had helped him out as much as they have Ryan, etc...his numbers would look substantially better.

If Shock gets cut, I'm hardly going to stage a protest, but I do feel that he is the better qb if we had a game on the line, down by 6, both qb's ahead of him carted off the field. I'd rather have D.J. than Harrington in that situation.

Its not 'Anti SHockley'. Its 'Anti delusional Shockley boosters'. 'ANti 'SHockley is the next steve young and mike VIck rolled into one! Woot!' 'ANti delusional'.

I like Shockley as a person. I think a number of his fans are ludicrous. I'd love him to have some success.