12 straight Quarters without allowing a Touchdown

Smitty and Van-Gorder have this unit working pretty good. We will need it once the regular season starts.

Random thoughts on this revamped Defense:

1. This Bierman guy is insane. Where did he come from? He needs to be starting DE opposite Abraham. Move Anderson somewhere else. I don't care where - just move him so Bierman can take his spot. He is Captain Crazy.

2. Our LB corps may very well be one of the best in the NFL. I can't say enough about the hard-hitting effort they have showed.

3. Our Secondary is good, just needs time to grow and develop. I see a lot of potential there. Having Milloy back there is a god-send right now. We will be fine there eventually, as long our front-7 can hold the fort down for a while.

We seem to be lacking a big name in the LB corp, but as a unit, holy cow they play well!

We don't need "big names", but we have Brooking and Boley for now. We have what every Defense needs - hard-working, hard-hitting "Football Players". They keep it up their names will be "Big" soon enough. Talent in the NFL doesn't hide itself for very long.

Cautiously optimistic but i love how we are heading.

exactly. its preseason so we dont want to celebrate and cork open the vintage wines but we must admit, i cant recall seeing such stout defensive performances consistently over a period of time.

Donatell's defense was fast but soft. We were always inconsistent with it. Zimmer was just terrible all over the place, no one played well last year (but we lost players to injury too; DT's)

Smith has brought in a proven system and we are placing in a more physical scheme. The defensive chemistry is there, its obvious. The players are buying into the scheme. and right now i would say, the only concern is how players in the secondary (Grimes!) perform during the real test: regular season.

Absolutely love the defense so far. Can't wait to see them in a real game.

JEDI,

THANKS FOR A THREAD ABOUT THE TEAM. THIS INDIVIDUAL STUFF IS

GETTING ON MY NERVES. THE DEFENSE GAVE A "TEAM" EFFORT. AND

THEY SHOULD ME APPLAUDED. KEEP IT UP BOYS! AND HEADSHOT,

I THINK THERES A LOT MORE OF THIS KIND OF DEFENSE WAITING ON US.

JEDI,

I agree a big congrats to the all of the D.

JEDI,

The Defense, in my opinion, has performed well beyond my expectations. The Offense aint too shabby, either. I really like these group of guys we have. I like not having any "stars" by NFL standards, and the egos that go with it. TD and Smitty put together a solid foundation to build upon, credit goes to them also.

I consider this pre-season a great success. Let's hope it carries on to the regular season.

It's great to see our D played really well. However, our Dline need to step up their pressure on the QB. If they keep playing the way they're playing our young secondary will have problems. LBs is amazing. I've never seen what a hard hitting group in Falcons history. DBs is young but played really well. Brent Grimes is simply a football player. He is always around the ball. He stood his ground every game.

It's great to see our D played really well. However, our Dline need to step up their pressure on the QB. If they keep playing the way they're playing our young secondary will have problems. LBs is amazing. I've never seen what a hard hitting group in Falcons history. DBs is young but played really well. Brent Grimes is simply a football player. He is always around the ball. He stood his ground every game.

They're going to be a really solid unit. I'm just surprised how good they're playing so soon after all the overhaul from last season. That's the effect of Mike Smith on this team. Best coaching hire that everyone hated.

I wouldn't trade Smitty for any other coach that was available this past off-season. Dimitroff made an excellent hire in this guy.

God am I ready for the Regular Season. Call me a homer, call me what you will, but I am expecting good things (not great, good) this year.

I think 8-8 is very plausible, but 6-10 is reasonable.

I think we are more likely to go 10-6 and win the division than we are to go 2-14 like SI.com said yesterday.

Biermann is a madman, following #71 during a play is like watching a marine run an obstacle course.

...I consider this pre-season a great success. Let's hope it carries on to the regular season.

I must agree I have been pleasantly surprised so far. The defense seems to be really buying into the system and as far as the offense I don't care how much they score as long as it's more than the other guys :P

I like what I see, but let's not get carried away with the "no touchdown allowed in 12 quarters" when they're pre-season quarters.

But to be honest... the defense has played much better than I thought they would...

And I LOVE what I am seeing from the safties this year....

Hopefully this will carry into the regular season.

Yep, how bout that lick (darn near a close line) that 50 put on the RB up the middle? Loved it.....follow by Nichols knocking the brake pads off the reciever over the middle!!!

There's a lot to look forward to. Hope we can translate potential into wins. :D