Jamaal Anderson & Kroy Beirmann

Should both be on the field at once. Jamaal isn't as explosive as a DE, but he could be our true replacement for Rod Coleman. He was getting great penetration. With Beirmann and Abraham on the end, and Grady at NT, this front seven can be successful. We should try it on more than passing downs. Remember, Coleman was a LB at first, and was converted to DT.

My only knock that I can really think of as far as Biermann goes is, "can he do it for a whole game?"

No doubt he is smaller which could actually be an advantage in some ways but it will wear on you going against those lineman and then don't forget that the backs can always chip you.

My only knock that I can really think of as far as Biermann goes is, "can he do it for a whole game?"

No doubt he is smaller which could actually be an advantage in some ways but it will wear on you going against those lineman and then don't forget that the backs can always chip you.

I think he can if we have a great S&C Coach. Jamaal at DT would be more like a hybrid. I noticed that he is a straight up rusher, rather than an outside rusher. Which may explain no sacks. He is a serious raw young talent.

That the thing no one realize......... Biermann cant go the whole game...so think about 16 games.......... I like Biermann but if u want to get his full potential..... Dude will have to be a situational guy.....Guys like that is great for your team... but they are not the answer...... Like Babs

The perfect example is the Vikings Brian Robison........ He will give the vikings about 5 sacks a year.....when dude get in(rotational), he shows flashes..... The vikings know that Brian will make his biggest impact as a backup/3rd down pass rusher...... If he play DE full time(starter)... That would take away his effectiveness

I think he can if we have a great S&C Coach. Jamaal at DT would be more like a hybrid. I noticed that he is a straight up rusher, rather than an outside rusher. Which may explain no sacks. He is a serious raw young talent.

You are right about the style that Anderson rushes. I noticed it against the Titans moreso than any other game that he has played. Look at it this way though. If we were to move Anderson inside it would be the third position he has had to play in the last 5 years I do believe. Andeson does get straight up too fast it does seem. Seems like he isn't sure of what technique to use and when to use it.

That the thing no one realize......... Biermann cant go the whole game...so think about 16 games.......... I like Biermann but if u want to get his full potential..... Dude will have to be a situational guy.....Guys like that is great for your team... but they are not the answer...... Like Babs

Do you realize how many guys we have on this team that seem to just play the game the right way. Guys that just seem to rally to the ball and hustle on every play? Before tonight I really didn't look at it but guys like Frazier, Wire, Biermann, Lofton, Taylor and I am sure I am forgetting some just don't seem to ever stop playing. Makes me feel good about what we are doing.

I am almost sexually aroused by the idea of us having three guys who can get to the quarterback las down linemen on 3rd and long. I coveted what the Giants had last year and said as much repeatedly during the offseason. We have no idea if what Biermann has done will translate to the regulate season, but if he's another Elvis Dumervil, woo to the mf hoo.

Exactly - Biermann is going to get plenty of snaps on passing downs. Why neutralize that pass rushing threat by allowing the offense to run all over him on 1st and 2nd down - allowing them more running yards AND tiring out Biermann?

The defensive line is all about situational rotation. Anderson has shown that he is excellent against the run. We definitely want to see some more pass rush from him from LDE, but our rotation is working very well with Anderson at LDE on run downs and UT on pass downs, and Biermann coming in on pass downs.

Biermann didn't play bad against the rush tonight nor do I remember him playing that bad against the rush at any point in the pre-season. Like I said he may not be able to hold up all year but thus far Biermann has been better than expected.

Everyone keeps saying that Anderson has played well against the run but looking at our stats from last year I just don't understand that. Nobody played well against the run for us last year!

I am almost sexually aroused by the idea of us having three guys who can get to the quarterback las down linemen on 3rd and long. I coveted what the Giants had last year and said as much repeatedly during the offseason. We have no idea if what Biermann has done will translate to the regulate season, but if he's another Elvis Dumervil, woo to the mf hoo.

im right with you on that jidady. its extremely exciting. :P

I really Like Anderson as our UT....... Ive been sayin that Jamaal is meant to be a 3-4 DE/4-3 UT for a while now........ I think that this will be his permanent position next year....... Jamaal Anderson is really athletic as a UT..... I want to see what Ray Hamilton and Chuck Smith can do with Jamaal Anderson for a offseason teaching him DT moves and getting him stronger

Jamaal Anderson Combine numbers

40 Yrd Dash: 4.75

20 Yrd Dash: 2.73

10 Yrd Dash: 1.59

225 Lb. Bench Reps: 22

Vertical Jump: 32 1/2

Broad Jump: 9'8"

20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.22

3-Cone Drill: 6.88

Should both be on the field at once. Jamaal isn't as explosive as a DE, but he could be our true replacement for Rod Coleman. He was getting great penetration. With Beirmann and Abraham on the end, and Grady at NT, this front seven can be successful. We should try it on more than passing downs. Remember, Coleman was a LB at first, and was converted to DT.

Purple label, ewwwww

From the short highlight film of the game Jamaal made a couple of nice plays. On DeCoud's interception from the end position he made a nice inside move on the tackle and was on top of the QB. Later from the tackle position he was collapsing the pocket. Seemed a bit more agressive and athletic than many posters here have been saying. Maybe a ray of hope. Did I see him drop off on one play to cover a receiver? If so that one went for about 25 yds. oops.

i really like Biermann to...... I just know guys that last on high motor and is smallish are not everydown DEs..... They ware out thru the game and year....... Thats Elvis Dumervil biggest problem .....Coach Mike Shanahan said that he will use Elvis Dumervil in a situational role now (and Dumervil is bigger then Bierman.....weight wise)

Several teams believe Dumervil, despite his desire to play every down, was miscast in that role last season because of injuries to the defensive line and would be more far effective during the entire season if he had more of a situational role.

I think that Beirmann right now is just a situational pass rusher. Do we put them both on the field in passing situations, I think that could be a good move. I'm not sure more than that is the way to go though.

Exactly - Biermann is going to get plenty of snaps on passing downs. Why neutralize that pass rushing threat by allowing the offense to run all over him on 1st and 2nd down - allowing them more running yards AND tiring out Biermann?

The defensive line is all about situational rotation. Anderson has shown that he is excellent against the run. We definitely want to see some more pass rush from him from LDE, but our rotation is working very well with Anderson at LDE on run downs and UT on pass downs, and Biermann coming in on pass downs.

quote for truth

good point!

excellent sig!

Biermann needs to see more of the field, but I think it'd be best to start him out as a rotational guy. People talk about the rookie wall and he'll probably hit it even harder as a 240 pound defensive end.

Direwolf

Biermann is a situational pass rusher at this point. He does not have the strength and weight to play the run on 1st and 2nd downs. Don't get me wrong, love his motor/attitude/mobility/upside, however, against a power run attack he will struggle.

In watching the game today, the one thing that has grabbed my attention is how much we are moving Jamaal Anderson around. He had played every position on the line except Abe's by the seventh play of the game. That's why he was around the ball so much when he was on the field.Particularly nice was the play where he split the center-guard double team to get in Flacco's face. That's a play we didn't see from him last year.

I also noticed that a d-line stunt confused Blalock and Baker a lot. Blalock thought it was Baker's man and vice versa and by the time Baker went after him, the guy was in Ryan's face. That's the worst of those they've had this preseason.

I think Biermann is going to be a stud once he bulks up. I agree he is on the smaller side but he has heart.

biermann impressed me vs run as well as pass. he really works down line and gets off blocks better each game. he has my confidence as abrahams back up, and maybe as the LDE on 3rd down. he does'nt miss tackles or let guys get away. he has starter ability with more strength and experience.