What to Do With Anderson?

formul8or

I really don't think he'll be DE this entire season, Biermann is embarrassing him. So what is the best option? Trade, but I don't know anyone impressed enough to take him. Cut? I don't know the salary ramifications, but it could free up a lot of money. Change positions? That seems like the most likely thing to do.

I really don't think he'll be DE this entire season, Biermann is embarrassing him. So what is the best option? Trade, but I don't know anyone impressed enough to take him. Cut? I don't know the salary ramifications, but it could free up a lot of money. Change positions? That seems like the most likely thing to do.

Use him for chum.

No one cuts a top 10 talent who was always described as extremely raw. We have enough guaranteed money going to him we might as well keep him another few years. Plus, we should anyways, to allow him to develop. Give him time at DT, and some more work on playing DE, and we go from there.

He put some pressure on at DT tonight. But to be fair, I missed the entire first quarter, and some of the second, so I don't know what he did at DE. He has looked quality at both, not great, but quality, and still obviously has some work to do.

And I think I'm officially done with Anderson threads.

Bierman outplayed John Abraham.

Kindall Moorehead outplayed Grady Jackson.

Blue Adams doubled the tackles of Erik Coleman

Curtis Lofton outplayed Michael Boley

A little easier to shine when you are playing 4th stringers.

Tackles aren't necessarily good for safeties, they are letting catches happen. Lofton and Boley play two different linebacker spots.

Biermann was playing against the first and second offenses, did you see the game?

if bierman deserves to start over anderson (which at some point this season could happen, i wont rule it out) then im sure we will start him and use anderson in other capacities. im not sure how effective bierman has been against the run (since he is somewhat undersized, not that its been an issue thus far) but it would make a lot of sense to rotate anderson and bierman at LE and on passing situations move anderson inside (similar to what the giants did with justin tuck) and have a defensive line of: RE- Abraham, UT- Jamaal, NT- Babineaux and LE- Bierman. wouldnt that be a great pass rush unit? i think it would be.

and chauncey can rotate with abraham at RE also, and fraser will provide depth at DT and LE.

i love that idea to be honest, and if bierman deserves PT he will get it, im sure of that.

No one cuts a top 10 talent who was always described as extremely raw.

I disagree, the armchair GM does! They have no accountability, so they can cut Roddy and later tell everyone how they saw all the promise the entire time he was developing.

If Anderson picks it up and becomes a good player, they will simply claim all along they saw the promise!

Cole Magner outshined Roddy White in preseason and I have o doubt you wanted us cut Roddy to make room for him!

There's a difference in what string you are facing. Biermann easily outshines Anderson against the 1st and 2nd teams, don't even try to use some comparison that is apples to oranges.

I know most have difficulty going against the mob when it gains momemtum, but count me amongst those who feel like Anderson showed progress these last two weeks. He;s not played as badly as those on here would have you believe.

I being one of Anderson's biggest critcs will admit that he did look better out there tonight against the Ravens.

if bierman deserves to start over anderson (which at some point this season could happen, i wont rule it out) then im sure we will start him and use anderson in other capacities. im not sure how effective bierman has been against the run (since he is somewhat undersized, not that its been an issue thus far) but it would make a lot of sense to rotate anderson and bierman at LE and on passing situations move anderson inside (similar to what the giants did with justin tuck) and have a defensive line of: RE- Abraham, UT- Jamaal, NT- Babineaux and LE- Bierman. wouldnt that be a great pass rush unit? i think it would be.

and chauncey can rotate with abraham at RE also, and fraser will provide depth at DT and LE.

i love that idea to be honest, and if bierman deserves PT he will get it, im sure of that.

very good understanding of the situation.

I also feel this coaching staff and front office will play Bierman over Anderson, or alongside Anderson and so forth if it is in the long term interest of the team. Dimitroff and Smith don;t play games, they do what is best for this team.

If they feel it is in the long term interest of the team to keep developing Anderson due to any upside they have determined exists, they will do so, all with the best interests of this team in mind.

I'm not too worried about the Anderson situation, it will work itslef out one way or another. He was chasing the QB again tonight as he has been all preseason, so we'll see. If he can;'t cut it, we'll find someone that can. Anderson has been doing a better job inside than some realize. He's been getting pressure on the QB from the DT position. From the DE position he has not though.

Biermann looked pretty good flattening down that line and chasing the ball carrier down from behind tonight. The guy rallys to the ball and he's going non-stop the whole time he's out there.

He showed speed and a better bullrush than I expected him to have.

Biermann looked pretty good flattening down that line and chasing the ball carrier down from behind tonight. The guy rallys to the ball and he's going non-stop the whole time he's out there.

He's definitely impressive so far . I want to see how he looks against starting caliber NFL tackles. He is extremely small and I'm not sure how he's going to hold up against a 6'5", 310lb athletic OT. He may need a year in the weight room and mess hall.

I'm not trying to downplay his play because I like him a lot. I hope he can help us this year on 3rd downs if nothing else.