Coach " Mike Smith"

Falconies

I like Coach Smith alot but there is one thing for sure is that he needs to learn how to discipline his team. He's been talking for weeks about how he is going to address the penalties and yet it gets worse every week. I'm just really upset about stupid penalties that kill drives like we have had. Just saying he and the coaching staff needs to do better at controlling the team. But with all that said I still think Smitty is great for us. Nice win for the birds though.

I like Coach Smith alot but there is one thing for sure is that he needs to learn how to discipline his team. He's been talking for weeks about how he is going to address the penalties and yet it gets worse every week. I'm just really upset about stupid penalties that kill drives like we have had. Just saying he and the coaching staff needs to do better at controlling the team. But with all that said I still think Smitty is great for us. Nice win for the birds though.

I agree with you that we have had a lot of penalties that have killed drives. Many of them have been personal fouls after the play was dead, like the ones late in the game tonight. 2 tremendous runs by Snelling were called back because of personal fouls deep in Raven territory. Did you see the frustration on Snelling's face after the second one? I'm not excusing these fouls, but hopefully they are from players being over agressive trying to impress the coaches. I do agree it needs to stop and cannot continue into the regular season.

If a player really thinks a Personal foul after a play impresses the Coaches, then they need to hand in their playbooks now, because they are too stupid to be on this team.

Coach Smith looked really steamed on TV after some of these penalties, I would not want to be on tape committing them if I was trying to make the team.

I really think the penalties tonoght.................the LAST pre-season game...................are mainly from trying too hard; from trying to make a team they DESPERATELY want to be part of.

These young rookie players on the "bubble" sense the Majic with this new team. They want sooooo d.amn bad to be part of it.

They want to do something special, so when the coaching staff watches tape all Saturday AM and afternoon, they will BE NOTICED.

Desperate........................but for a reason.

If a player really thinks a Personal foul after a play impresses the Coaches, then they need to hand in their playbooks now, because they are too stupid to be on this team.

Coach Smith looked really steamed on TV after some of these penalties, I would not want to be on tape committing them if I was trying to make the team.

U right he did look steamed. Now to just fix it, im just wondering how can they fix it. To me if a player got a personal foul(stupid foul) i'd take him out right then and said" well u can start again next week. That's how id do it, cause we have other players who want to play and help the team instead of making them worse.

U right he did look steamed. Now to just fix it, im just wondering how can they fix it. To me if a player got a personal foul(stupid foul) i'd take him out right then and said" well u can start again next week. That's how id do it, cause we have other players who want to play and help the team instead of making them worse.

But this is preseason, and you don't want to take them out because there may not be a next game, and you don't want to put in your starters if backup are making stupid plays. You need film to watch of people so you can decide who to keep, and if you don't get it you might cut a talent that you will need in the year just because you wanted more discipline. You can correct them and make them understand what they did wrong, but you can't not play them, because the whole point of the preseason is to evaluate new talent. And for the most part it was the new talent making the dumb penalties, not all but for the most part. Some is setting a tone and standing up to Defenses with attitude. But tonight's two late were just stupid, and I would really hate to be caught on film committing them if I was trying to make the team.

I agree....the penalties are the "black-eye" of this team. I mean Ojinaka's (sp?) penalty made me SICK.... :angry:

we doomed matt ryan to a quarter of ineptitude with the horrible penalties and started to do the same with shockley before they finally got a FG and gave us decent field position (the 23 yard line) for the last drive of the 2nd quarter in which shock worked some awesome 2 minute drill magic and got us a 7-3 lead that we never gave up. that was the difference in the game!

way too many big plays got brought back by stupid penalties, and i really hope that doesnt happen week 1 or im going to be sick to my stomach.

Come on man an I instead of an E, but thank you very much for pointing that out though.

Sorry I couldn't resist. :D

It's true though Snelling ran the ball to the 9 got a 15 yard penalty ran it back to the 9 again and then what do you know?

The good thing about that is it wasn't the starters this time and I do honestly expect this to be cleaned up alot by the time the whistle blows for week 1.

I am sure he has addressed it and that will come with time There are always stupid mental mistakes especially with new schemes and not to mention so much of the roster is playing together in just a short period. I am starting to see the nastiness that Dahl brings. The Oline has to have attitude and play the mental game on the defense and say screw the penalty to avoid the larger loss of a sack. If we could only bring this attitude to our D line it would definitely be a good thing.

Alot of what I have seen I think is just guys showing that they have some attitude. I get the sense that they will play smarter when the games count. Right now I think that some of our O-line guys just want to get some nastiness on tape to review in the filmroom with coach Boudrea.

Funniest (and stupidest) penalty all pre-season was when Weiner went over and just dropped a knee on a Titan last week.

Dahl was someone that I wanted to see play last year and he's been better than I hoped he would be. So good in fact that he probably just punched Forneys ticket out of town. Dahl is mean!

I wanted to see Pennington get some time at tackle too but that's not going to happen.

you have no idea what he says to the players after they commit or penalty or during practice or in meetings.

youre definitely off base by saying he has no discipline.

True that. Not to mention, we need players with a mean streak. It's not like DeAngelo Hall's outrage. Even though, everyone can now see that Steve Smith is not a goodie 2 shoes. I want a player on my team that: If you slap him, he will knock you out cold. I wouldn't be mad at him.