Trade Snellling for Secondary Help

Regardless of what people say, our secondary needs some help.

Lets me start off by saying that running back is one of our stronger areas on this team. We had Turner and Norwood and Brown appears to be a solid backup. So is there any reason we need to carry four backs?

Secondly, we could use some help in our secondary. Brent Grimes has apparently impressed everyone this pre-season but I think we should go after another veteran after loosing Von Hutchins for the year. There are a few teams that would take Snelling and utilize him as a #2 back.

How do ya'll feel about trading Snelling?

Bad choice. We have plenty of young guys who are playing well, and there are a handful of vet corners we could still pick up if we needed to (which we don't). Ty Law is still available. We aren't a playoff team that needs that one bump up, so we can trade the young guys for the old guys. We need the young guys, so we CAN be a playoff team.

But seriously, with Grimes, Houston, Blue Adams, Chevis Jackson, and that nice interception by what's that what's his face rookie, there is no need for more corners. We would want a trade to actually help us.

Plus, TD was talking about looking at the huge number of players that will be cut Saturday. But secondary is just not a place we really need help. Not even depth.

Plus there are too **** many RB's out there. Sean Alexander, Cedric Benson, Davenport from the Steelers, Rudi Johnson is on the chopping block, and I think a few more. Why would they trade for someone when they could sign someone else for free?

Browns injury:

Pulled groin was the on air notification, a defender did a flying tackle by grabbing and horsecollaring him. He went straight down, backwards, bounced his head off the turf twice, and grabbed his crotch. So no information of severity if they even know yet. They did flag the tackle, but it does not help Brown at this time.

Go Falcons

Who the heck is going to trade for Snelling, anyways? He's a freakin' third string running back. Any GM with half a brain would know that oline is the most important assett to a team and running backs are expendable. Any 'great' running back has a great offensive line and all of the 'bad' running backs have bad offensive lines.

Who the heck is going to trade for Snelling, anyways? He's a freakin' third string running back. Any GM with half a brain would know that oline is the most important assett to a team and running backs are expendable. Any 'great' running back has a great offensive line and all of the 'bad' running backs have bad offensive lines.

Except Barry Sanders

Bad choice. We have plenty of young guys who are playing well, and there are a handful of vet corners we could still pick up if we needed to (which we don't). Ty Law is still available. We aren't a playoff team that needs that one bump up, so we can trade the young guys for the old guys. We need the young guys, so we CAN be a playoff team.

But seriously, with Grimes, Houston, Blue Adams, Chevis Jackson, and that nice interception by what's that what's his face rookie, there is no need for more corners. We would want a trade to actually help us.

Plus, TD was talking about looking at the huge number of players that will be cut Saturday. But secondary is just not a place we really need help. Not even depth.

Plus there are too **** many RB's out there. Sean Alexander, Cedric Benson, Davenport from the Steelers, Rudi Johnson is on the chopping block, and I think a few more. Why would they trade for someone when they could sign someone else for free?

I kind of like the idea of getting Law but would he be another Joe Horn?

I kind of like the idea of getting Law but would he be another Joe Horn?

That would be impossible. We jumped on top of Horn once he was released. Law has been trying to get more money to play for the Browns for at least a month (or something like that). No one really wants Law, and he would sign for low money.

But with the performance our corners have put in, I can't imagine Law, or very many other corners, outperforming them. Seems like a wasted roster spot.

**** no, absolutely not.

What is wrong with our secondary? They have played phenomenal all preseason long, what makes you think they need more help?

Stupid post.

You read my mind. Anyone who has seen Snelling this preseason knows he's not going anywhere. He would be AWESOME in the redzone for us. I'm lovin the way Brown is performing and I think he has a future here but, he is going to be more of a special teams guy. Sure he's going to get his shots in at RB here and there and should an injury happen to one of them, he'll come in VERY nice...but the Turner-Norwood-Snelling combo is sweet!! Ovie is the one I'm starting to wonder about....

**** no, absolutely not.

What is wrong with our secondary?

IF THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH IT ...... WE ARE ABOUT TO FIND OUT. WHAT EVER

HOLES WE HAVE, THE NEXT 16 WEEKS WILL TELL. HAVING HOLES IN THE SECONDARY IS TO

BE EXPECTED. PATCHING THEM UP IS WHERE YOUR SUCCESS WILL BE FOUND. NFL OFFENSES

WILL BE SEARCHING FOR NEW HOLES ON A WEEKLY BASIS. YOU HAVE TO PATCH THEM UP

ON A WEEKLY BASIS ALSO. A GREAT PASS RUSH IS THE GREATEST PATCH UP YOU CAN EVER

HAVE. THERE ARE HOLES IN ALL SECONDARIES. THE IDEA IS TO NOT LET THEM BE IN THE SAME

PLACE ALL OF THE TIME! :rolleyes:

all the help the secondary needs is a better pass rush. were going to take our lumps, but hopefully JA can start getting pressure (whether at LE or DT) and bierman can keep playing like he has all preseason. if both those things happen we might be in for a pleasant surprise defensively. if not... well be in trouble very often.