Joey's finally gone.............Smitty needs to get tough

Bring It

now your comment gives me the pleasure to once again set matters striaght. harrington only proved my point that the margin of error is greater when u are surrounded with shrubs.

had dj played with the 1st stringers in the 1st 3 preseason games like the other 3 qbs we would be talking about starting dj on open day instead of ryan something mr. blank desperately didn't want to happen, so they forced dj to play with 3rd stringers so he could fail.

the ravens defense was by far the toughest we have faced this preseason but look who had a better game when he had a few quality people around him - thats right, shockley.

it was 3rd and 5 when they made harrington pitch the ball to snelling instead of making him throw the ball - had shockley been out there with those shrubs they would have made him throw the ball. see how they treat dj?

your comment is an indication that u prefer mediocre over future development. if they cut dj and keep harrington you can bet your life that this organization will face blunder after blunder, after blunder. God don't like ugliness

You're clueless if you think he would have become starter, and you're flat out ignorant if you think an NFL coaching staff with nearly 200 years of experience can tell what bad plays go on Shockley and what bad plays went on his poor surrounding talent.

The major thing with Joey is this : He is incapable of "making things happen"...................especially when a play breaks down, which is completely the "norm" in the world of NFL football.

Joey is a rather "UP tight" kind of person, very, very structured. He is, by nature, not capable of loosening up.

I had the pleasure of speaking direct with Gill Brandt, former GM of the Dallas Cowboys, on Sirius NFL Radio talk show approx. 5 months ago.............before the draft. I asked what he knew, and thought of Joey Harrington. His response was ..........."Joey needs to learn how to let his hair down and just go out and have a few beers with his teamates , he's just way too serious and up tight".

I thought that was an interesting comment and speaks volumnes of who and what Joey is.

Nice guy though, no question.

The major thing with Joey is this : He is incapable of "making things happen"...................especially when a play breaks down, which is completely the "norm" in the world of NFL football.

Joey is a rather "UP tight" kind of person, very, very structured. He is, by nature, not capable of loosening up.

I had the pleasure of speaking direct with Gill Brandt, former GM of the Dallas Cowboys, on Sirius NFL Radio talk show approx. 5 months ago.............before the draft. I asked what he knew, and thought of Joey Harrington. His response was ..........."Joey needs to learn how to let his hair down and just go out and have a few beers with his teamates , he's just way too serious and up tight".

I thought that was an interesting comment and speaks volumnes of who and what Joey is.

Nice guy though, no question.

and dj turns the ball over in crucial situations

the coaching staff and TD know exactly what they want in a QB, considering that they knew what they were getting in ryan and were right. also bringing redman back and cutting harrington innitially, even though they re-signed him at lower rate. i think that was only because they did not know what the draft would net. once they drafted ryan, i think harrington fate was sealed. matt ryan having won the starting spot, i see no reason to keep joey. ultimately, if they drafted ryan because they saw he has what it takes, then we can rest assured they see joey does not just as easily as we can.

I KEEP TELLING YOU GUYS ......... WHEN IT COMES TO GETTING CUT,

JOEY'S GOT 9 LIVES. HE ALWAYS SEEMS TO LAND ON HIS FEET. HE'S

LIKE ONE OF THOSE POP BACK UP DOLLS, NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU

HIT IT ...... IT POPS RIGHT BACK INTO POSITION. EVERY TIME YOU THINK

JOEY'S HAD IT ....... HE POPS RIGHT BACK UP INTO THE SAME POSITION.

:D:lol:B)

thats my same thought exactly and i have yet to see him miss a game because he tripped over his own shadow

now your comment gives me the pleasure to once again set matters striaght. harrington only proved my point that the margin of error is greater when u are surrounded with shrubs.

had dj played with the 1st stringers in the 1st 3 preseason games like the other 3 qbs we would be talking about starting dj on open day instead of ryan something mr. blank desperately didn't want to happen, so they forced dj to play with 3rd stringers so he could fail.

the ravens defense was by far the toughest we have faced this preseason but look who had a better game when he had a few quality people around him - thats right, shockley.

it was 3rd and 5 when they made harrington pitch the ball to snelling instead of making him throw the ball - had shockley been out there with those shrubs they would have made him throw the ball. see how they treat dj?

your comment is an indication that u prefer mediocre over future development. if they cut dj and keep harrington you can bet your life that this organization will face blunder after blunder, after blunder. God don't like ugliness

From day 1 this was matt ryan's team. the only real competition that existed was how long will it be before he is ready to take over.

your sig would make a perfect foulcon team statement. they dont fear losing

the coaching staff and TD know exactly what they want in a QB, considering that they knew what they were getting in ryan and were right. also bringing redman back and cutting harrington innitially, even though they re-signed him at lower rate. i think that was only because they did not know what the draft would net. once they drafted ryan, i think harrington fate was sealed. matt ryan having won the starting spot, i see no reason to keep joey. ultimately, if they drafted ryan because they saw he has what it takes, then we can rest assured they see joey does not just as easily as we can.

Uh.................say what ???????

I really think it's going to be DJ who stays.

Shrubs ????

Agreed. B)

This was predicted before pre-season - the majority of biased haters around here said nothing when Redman or Ryan threw picks - THAT was OK, they look the other way... but with Harrington these same brainless fans forget he's the most experienced QB on the roster AND had the highest QB rating going into this game. Joey Harrington is a veteran who doesn't need to "prove" anything, he's faced 7 years of NFL defenses as a starter - he more than proved himself last year behind our horrible O-Line and Bobby Pig-trino.

Will be interesting to see. Shockley never had a really good game, nothing better than Harrington anyway. They both had an ok game and a bad game.

I said at the beginning of preseason, if Redman's the starter we keep Joey as a vet backup. If Ryan starts then Redman is the backup & DJ has a shot.

Now the question is, do we want Redman's backup to be a vet or a guy who's never had a NFL snap in regular season play? Do we want a guy who is still developing or do we want a guy who has lived through what our new starter is going to go through as a rookie starter and can help him to avoid the mistakes and pressures that he faced and failed at?

Will be a tough call, but I think it's Joey as the #3.

:lol: I can always come to these boards to get a laugh, because insanity seems to run rapid in here

Its really amazing to see people who still want Harrington on an NFL roster.......I dont know why but it still amazes me

Has anyone actually thought about what has happen to the team if we actually get down the third string QB? obviously not

By this time the season is over with anyway, if it wasnt already so in the beggining

Keep the guy on the roster that has potential and if you have to put him in you should already be looking foward to next years draft

There is no celebration rather its Harrington or Shockley OR REDMAN who has to start for this team because of injury

If we had an All Pro O Line, Then it would matter because the guy coming in may be able to patch the hole in the ship

News Flash this is a rebuilding year, we are in the shipyard, if the engine breaks down and you idiots want to bring A KNOWN DEFECTIVE MOTOR ABOARD for the replacement, then so be it, insanity is real...........trust me............

Joey is not leaving.
Joey's not going anywhere. This isn't Petrino's staff.
Agreed. B)

This was predicted before pre-season - the majority of biased haters around here said nothing when Redman or Ryan threw picks - THAT was OK, they look the other way... but with Harrington these same brainless fans forget he's the most experienced QB on the roster AND had the highest QB rating going into this game. Joey Harrington is a veteran who doesn't need to "prove" anything, he's faced 7 years of NFL defenses as a starter - he more than proved himself last year behind our horrible O-Line and Bobby Pig-trino.

Any one of you have a response?

Im Brainless and really dont understand why Harrington was cut, please explain.........

Anyone who isn't convinced Joey is garbage after this last game, needs to get their head examined. Heck, if you weren't convinced he was garbage after last year you need to stick your head on a spike.

well thank goodness the coaching staff saw it and he is gone now.. hopefully they don't bring the statue formally called joey harrington back ever.

Guest dtank2g2
Agreed. B)

"brainless"? :unsure: