Joey's finally gone.............Smitty needs to get tough

Bring It

Joey finally put the final nail in his Falcon coffin. He's outta here.

Mistakes : Really dumb, dumb penalties..................which would lose the game in season.

Smitty needs to get the hickory stick out.............get tough with players who insist on making stupid late hits or some other mindless act to negate great plays. Enough !!!

The rest will take care of itself.

We won.

Mistakes : Really dumb, dumb penalties..................which would lose the game in season.

Smitty needs to get the hickory stick out.............get tough with players who insist on making stupid late hits or some other mindless act to negate great plays. Enough !!!

We won.

U right there smitty does need to be a little more tougher on those guys

If Smith is trying to field the best team he is. After tonight's play DJ showed Joey up bad, plus DJ is cheaper.

Stupid penalties tonight hurt, and Smith is likely to blow a gasket over them.

I can do you one better. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone better than both of them get cut from a different team. If they do put DJ on PS and let harrington walk.

I just want to point out something that I noticed about this game. As much as I actually like both Joey & DJ, this game was very probably the deciding factor in who stays and who goes. Notice that Redman didn't play at all and Matt Ryan only played a few snaps. The brunt of this game was played between Joey & DJ, because that was the major position left to be decided. Joey's a great guy, but he's just not the caliber of QB that he should be. Granted, DJ isn't gonna start for this team, but when it came down to it, one player performed, one didn't. I think that alone speaks volumes for itself. Best of luck to Joey Harrington in his future endevours, but your tenure as a Falcon is over...

Joey is not leaving.

Agreed. B)

This was predicted before pre-season - the majority of biased haters around here said nothing when Redman or Ryan threw picks - THAT was OK, they look the other way... but with Harrington these same brainless fans forget he's the most experienced QB on the roster AND had the highest QB rating going into this game. Joey Harrington is a veteran who doesn't need to "prove" anything, he's faced 7 years of NFL defenses as a starter - he more than proved himself last year behind our horrible O-Line and Bobby Pig-trino.

shockley played well but i don't think that guarantees him a spot. he did what he had to do, but that doesn't wipe out the previous games. shockley either had two options, play bad and make smith's decision easy or play well (which he did) and make smith spend some time.

we will see.

We won.

Will be interesting to see. Shockley never had a really good game, nothing better than Harrington anyway. They both had an ok game and a bad game.

I said at the beginning of preseason, if Redman's the starter we keep Joey as a vet backup. If Ryan starts then Redman is the backup & DJ has a shot.

Now the question is, do we want Redman's backup to be a vet or a guy who's never had an NFL snap in regular season play? Do we want a guy who is still developing or do we want a guy who has lived through what our new starter is going to go through as a rookie starter and can help him to avoid the mistakes and pressures that he faced and failed at?

Will be a tough call, but I think it's Joey as the #3.

shockley played well but i don't think that guarantees him a spot. he did what he had to do, but that doesn't wipe out the previous games. shockley either had two options, play bad and make smith's decision easy or play well (which he did) and make smith spend some time.

we will see.

now your comment gives me the pleasure to once again set matters striaght. harrington only proved my point that the margin of error is greater when u are surrounded with shrubs.

had dj played with the 1st stringers in the 1st 3 preseason games like the other 3 qbs we would be talking about starting dj on open day instead of ryan something mr. blank desperately didn't want to happen, so they forced dj to play with 3rd stringers so he could fail.

the ravens defense was by far the toughest we have faced this preseason but look who had a better game when he had a few quality people around him - thats right, shockley.

it was 3rd and 5 when they made harrington pitch the ball to snelling instead of making him throw the ball - had shockley been out there with those shrubs they would have made him throw the ball. see how they treat dj?

your comment is an indication that u prefer mediocre over future development. if they cut dj and keep harrington you can bet your life that this organization will face blunder after blunder, after blunder. God don't like ugliness

I don't think his experience makes up for the higher salary, and bad play. I would really not want my young QB learning from him, because unless he can teach better than he can play, he stinks.

The difference in salaries is so small on an NFL level as to be utterly irrelevant.

now your comment gives me the pleasure to once again set matters striaght. harrington only proved my point that the margin of error is greater when u are surrounded with shrubs.

had dj played with the 1st stringers in the 1st 3 preseason games like the other 3 qbs we would be talking about starting dj on open day instead of ryan something mr. blank desperately didn't want to happen, so they forced dj to play with 3rd stringers so he could fail.

the ravens defense was by far the toughest we have faced this preseason but look who had a better game when he had a few quality people around him - thats right, shockley.

it was 3rd and 5 when they made harrington pitch the ball to snelling instead of making him throw the ball - had shockley been out there with those shrubs they would have made him throw the ball. see how they treat dj?

your comment is an indication that u prefer mediocre over future development. if they cut dj and keep harrington you can bet your life that this organization will face blunder after blunder, after blunder. God don't like ugliness

Oh. Come> On.

Geesz.

SHockly is not, and will never be the Falcon's starter> He is NOT the best quarterback on the roster. Deal, will you>?

Agreed. B)

This was predicted before pre-season - the majority of biased haters around here said nothing when Redman or Ryan threw picks - THAT was OK, they look the other way... but with Harrington these same brainless fans forget he's the most experienced QB on the roster AND had the highest QB rating going into this game. Joey Harrington is a veteran who doesn't need to "prove" anything, he's faced 7 years of NFL defenses as a starter - he more than proved himself last year behind our horrible O-Line and Bobby Pig-trino.

Ryan's a rookie, everyone said something when he threw his INT.

Redman has thrown 2 INTs, the same as Joey. Redman's came off a completely tipped ball and one that could have been avoided if Jenkins would have played the ball.

He has the most experience, and is one of the worst QBs of all time. Joey Harrington has the worst overall yards per attempt in NFL history and the worst record of all time as a QB. He has proven he is flat out terrible. He proved just how bad he was by throwing 7 TDs in 10 starts while Redman threw 10 in 4.25 games. Look at the Rams game. Joey gets knocked around against the sorry Ram defense and in in quarter Redman leads us to back to back TD drives off passes.