Thomas DeCoud and Erik Coleman

Russdogg

Other than Millory you could replace anyone in our defensive backfield with a sack of potatoes and not miss a beat.

Huh? Grimes has looked terrific so far. The only thing missing from his game is the ability to catch the ball (but that's why he's a DB and not a WR!).

Coleman has been very solid at free safety and a good partner for Milloy.

Even Chevis Jackson, the rookie, has played better than I thought he would so far. Obviously the preseason doesn't mean much, but I like what I've seen from him.

As far as DeCoud, he looks solid, but I don't see him beating out Coleman. Regarding where he'll eventually end up, he was described as a "hybrid" safety that could play either position. We may see how things go and just line up the best possible combination of players based on how things shake out.

Direwolf

Huh? Grimes has looked terrific so far. The only thing missing from his game is the ability to catch the ball (but that's why he's a DB and not a WR!).

Coleman has been very solid at free safety and a good partner for Milloy.

Even Chevis Jackson, the rookie, has played better than I thought he would so far. Obviously the preseason doesn't mean much, but I like what I've seen from him.

As far as DeCoud, he looks solid, but I don't see him beating out Coleman. Regarding where he'll eventually end up, he was described as a "hybrid" safety that could play either position. We may see how things go and just line up the best possible combination of players based on how things shake out.

Direwolf

Yeah chevis is my favorite pick fro this class he has in football what basketball players call court vision and his footwork is amazing. there is a video on youtube where hes doing som sort of memory thing with his feet and hes moving at like a million miles an hour in place with a coordinated patter insane!!! hevis rarely takes fals steps and in preseason he's had2 passes completed to his man and he was only thrown at 5 times which means he had his man locked down tighter than a vacuum sealed bag. if he had deep speed it would be unfair. the cover 2 shell that we will run will be the perfect marriage for him Expct big things

This is ridiculous Erik Coleman has been OUTSTANDING in pre-season and camp. DeCoud is a rookie who has made rookie mistakes. There is no way we start him over Coleman unless he gets a lot better.

guess i should of summed it up a little bit better, as to how i feel decoud will come in behind coleman, and be a good fit, i did remark on colemans good play. read the post first.

guess i should of summed it up a little bit better, as to how how i feel decoud will come in behind coleman, and be a good fit, i did remark on colesmans good play. read the post first.

Aight. To answer your question then. No, DeCoud will not start over Coleman. Perhaps next season.

Aight. To answer your question then. No, DeCoud will not start over Coleman. Perhaps next season.

lol... :lol: well thank you ;) ... i agree, ilike the style decoud brings, and stone too, i hope they can fill in in the near future and be gamecgangers, i had high hopes for stoney, but seems hes slipped..

lol... :lol: well thank you ;) ... i agree, ilike the style decoud brings, and stone too, i hope they can fill in in the near future and be gamecgangers, i had high hopes for stoney, but seems hes slipped..

Stone has been a big contributor on Special Teams. He's got some big hits.

yeah Stone is the one that's gonna take over for Milloy but DeCoud was not a late rounder. He was a 3rd rounder.

beat me to it.

im excited about both of them. decoud stepped it up this week and had a great break on the ball (almost had another one against the titans too) and stone has been hitting hard and playing great on ST this preseason, especially last night. im very excited about those two. :)

Stone has been a big contributor on Special Teams. He's got some big hits.

indeed.. i guess him slipping on the charts has be a bit timid...wasnt able to hit camp like i did in years past... so i hope its just a shuffling effect. stone def. lays the wood...

DeCoud will not start ahead of Coleman, who has been very solid. It is possible that next year DeCoud or Stone may step in at SS, or that Coleman might move to SS with DeCoud coming in at FS. But for the time being, DeCoud and Stone will both be backups, making their impact on special teams.