DJ is making his case

michaelgee

He had some of the 1st stringers in front of him in the beginning and couldn't do much of anything.

How do you expect someone who doesn't get a lot of reps in practice or in pre season games to start out like they've been the only one who got snaps through TC?? The rust is coming off and he's playing very well now. Two scoring drives so far.

How do you expect someone who doesn't get a lot of reps in practice or in pre season games to start out like they've been the only one who got snaps through TC?? The rust is coming off and he's playing very well now. Two scoring drives so far.

He played with the 1st string at TC a lot. They were very fair in splitting the QB's during TC, and all 3 times I went DJ looked easily like the worst of the 4.

Everybody kept trying to say he should do good with pressure in his face nonstop surrounded by scrubs. Amazing how much better he looks when he has more than a couple drives to get into a rhythm. That's the DJ I remember from back in the day.

Vic,

you gotta remmber that those of us who are not UGA Huggers haven't seen DJ play much at all.

However, he looks pretty good tonight don't he.

I'm thinking DJ may have won the job, if he can stay healthy and put some time in.

I said several times that Hoey hasn't much upside/future. DJ is young and could play for a longer time. DJ's style is just different.

I have to admit - he has played well.

I think he is making the decision even tougher for Mike Smith.

I agree. Shockley has played well in preseason. Will he make the team? I don't think so. I think they'll cut him loose.

As popular as Shockley is, I think Harrington better fits the 3rd QB role. Remember the only play a 3rd QB has to execute is the Clipboard Keeper.

I agree. Shockley has played well in preseason. Will he make the team? I don't think so. I think they'll cut him loose.

As popular as Shockley is, I think Harrington better fits the 3rd QB role. Remember the only play a 3rd QB has to execute is the Clipboard Keeper.

But, in the rare case that our 3rd QB has to play, I would much rather it be Shockley that comes in than 3rd and long check down Joey. But that's just me.

But, in the rare case that our 3rd QB has to play, I would much rather it be Shockley that comes in than 3rd and long check down Joey. But that's just me.

I totally agree. Also, Shockley MIGHT get the job based on his jersey sales alone. Not a knock on his skills, I'm just saying that DJ wins the popularity contest.

I'm gambling my opinion that Harrington gets the #3QB based on the role of a #3QB. I think Harrington can help Ryan more on the sidelines than Shockley. Statistically, it's a very rare occurance that #3 QB EVER takes a snap in a regular game.