Sam Baker > Jake Long?

In fairness, Baker is facing Abraham every day in practice. I'm sure that's going to help him adjust to NFL pass-rushing DE's much more quickly than Jake Long facing Philip Merling. I really do think John Abraham is proving to be invaluable to Baker's learning curve.

The one thing that does need to be said here about Long is that he is by all accounts destroying Merling in practice and he's no slouch.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit that I wanted us to draft Jake Long as our number one' over picks like Ryan, Dorsey and C. Long but thanks to the 'finners, TD did a far better job than what I had in mind (thank god).

IMO they both have things to prove:

Jake Long that he was worth the top pick of the draft, and Sam Baker that short arms have nothing to say when being talented hehe. Lets see in 2-3 seasons :)

Guest james h.

Sam also has the most pimp travel suit on the team... black with metallic bronze pin stripes. He pwns with style.

I'll try to snap a pic with my iphone next time.

Well, I'm not saying you can't. It is a free world. I'm sure others may still find it funny, but I don't is all. No harm meant.

I must say the forums have become neat and tidy since I was last here with people actually explaining their oppinions and not trying to diss people. Non offence taken on my behalf SiViK :)

EDIT: Sorry for the post steal - back on topic

no, you heard it in April first from me, before everybody quickly jumped on his bandwagon because of his pre season dominance (you know who you are, people that called him a reach, injury prone, he has short arms, blah blah blah). Remember the "Baker will be better then Long" thread I made in May, and everybody called me a crazy crack head?, who's crazy now.

Was with you the whole way.

henne must be the most overrated QB in this draft.. he put up mediocre numbers on a good michigan team. he wasnt projected higher than a 2nd day pick for most of his career. then after the combine all of sudden ppl are saying he is the 2nd or 3rd best qb in the draft? what do QB's do at the combine anyway? ridiculous