TEMPLE OF DEM ON MT. O-LYMPUS

silentbob1272

It's only pretentious if you don't already like him.

He could have kept the speech @ the Pepsi Center where 7-8,000 people would have saw it in person, or opened it up to the 60,000 people who would never get to see this historic occasion.

I know right, he is all about the common man, the common man who can afford the $1000.00 tickets to hear the good news spread that is.

I know right, he is all about the common man, the common man who can afford the $1000.00 tickets to hear the good news spread that is.

Aren't they free?

From the thedenverchannel.com :

Requests for tickets have been showing up on Craigslist.com and wwo tickets to the Obama speech were being auctioned for $3,650 on Viagogo.com. Scalping laws don't apply because the tickets have no face value.

Obama campaign officials said they would work to make sure tickets for the event are not sold, although it was not clear how they could prevent such sales.

If you have been notified that you got tickets to the Obama speech, we'd like to hear from you. Please e-mail 7NEWSand let us know.

From the DenverPost.

The huge demand could entice some to try to sell their tickets, but the Obama campaign said it will closely track the bar codes on tickets and any ticket up for sale will be deactivated.

Wait SilentBob...doesn't this look like Obama is actually trying to protect the common man?

You can eat your words anytime you are ready.

From the DenverPost.

The huge demand could entice some to try to sell their tickets, but the Obama campaign said it will closely track the bar codes on tickets and any ticket up for sale will be deactivated.

Wait SilentBob...doesn't this look like Obama is actually trying to protect the common man?

You can eat your words anytime you are ready.

When you're right, you're right.....they are supposed to be free, but........

One source directed CBS4 to an unpublicized part of the Obama campaign's Web site where Democratic supporters, reportedly with deep pockets, could buy tickets for $1,000 each. The source told CBS4 he was solicited three times to buy the tickets through the Web site.

One source said it was unethical and being kept secret from the public.

CBS Denver

serves me right for only reading a headline from another site and not the full article before popping off.

ALL HAIL CESAR!!

news006.jpg

:lol:

But serously that kinda of arcitecture is all over washington and its more of a symbol of democracy than anything. This is just republicans trying to get in what jabs they can in as the liberals will surely do to whatever McCain does in the RNC. Really has nothing to do with anything.

Wow snake you've really been an a roll lately.

I can't say the same for you there buddy, you're every bit as witless and lame as ever.......can you ever just roll with a joke, or are you really such a miserable person as to have to chime in with a snide comment as your ONLY form of expression. Don't get me wrong, snideness and pretentiousness are both fine when used sparely, but its been the only gimmick you ever shown... you might try working on another as well.

It's only pretentious if you don't already like him.

He could have kept the speech @ the Pepsi Center where 7-8,000 people would have saw it in person, or opened it up to the 60,000 people who would never get to see this historic occasion.

I have a hunch that more than one network will be showing it live tonight.

You mean like the same common people like us who pay $1000 for season tickets to sporting events? I know it only one event, but people pay for whatever they deem worthy of paying for, everything else is expensive.

Day 1

First the national anthem ,Role call, a speach by Rudi Gulliani followed by a side of Mama's Country Pancakes

I've been to Cracker Barrel 3 or 4 times. The first breakfast I ever ate there was so damned big, with so many food items, I had to ask the waitress, "Is this what I ordered? Has there been some mistake?"

:lol:

As SB pointed out already, is it really that hard to take a joke? Can you not laugh at it like a normal human being? Liberals have to be the most miserable human beings on the planet.

In this thread the conservatives are laughing at the McCain jokes, and the liberals are soiling themselves over the Obama jokes. He really has become the messiah, and it is pure blasphemy to speak ill of him.

As SB pointed out already, is it really that hard to take a joke? Can you not laugh at it like a normal human being? Liberals have to be the most miserable human beings on the planet.

In this thread the conservatives are laughing at the McCain jokes, and the liberals are soiling themselves over the Obama jokes. He really has become the messiah, and it is pure blasphemy to speak ill of him.

Naa, I don't care either way. It's just bad because Bob used to be a good post-er who posted his own thoughts on a variety of subjects. Now it's just all the same.

And increasingly cut n paste.