what do these players have in common?

michael vick

bryan randall

byron leftwich

DJ Shockley

what do these players have in common?

they all wore a falcons uniform at one point...

other than that, nothing. they were not all mobile, they did not all go to same college, they were not all precision passers, maybe they all had strong arms? idk about randall, they did not all have a big fan base, they were not all successful.

everyone who read this post knows he was getting at them all being black, but only one had the balls to say it.

Of that list only DJ and MV had big fan support, so the argument is pointless though.

its not pointless..most people who want DJ off the team are of the other color. DJ is younger, has a stronger arm, and has the potential to improve. why are so many people up for keeping harrington? ummmmmmmmmmmmm seems like black is out, and white is in. does making this thread make me a racist? NO it doesnt. just pointing out what SEEMS like the facts.

its not pointless..most people who want DJ off the team are of the other color. DJ is younger, has a stronger arm, and has the potential to improve. why are so many people up for keeping harrington? ummmmmmmmmmmmm seems like black is out, and white is in. does making this thread make me a racist? NO it doesnt. just pointing out what SEEMS like the facts.

Well that would make you a stereo-typer. However much you want to believe that to be the case it isn't. At least not in my case it isn't.

Whites dont want him gone because he is black. He just isnt that good. I REALLY dont think DJ would have a 'hater' fanbase if we wasnt SO overhyped because he is a local, athletic QB.

I really think people want Shockley for 2 reasons. Georgia and scrambling abilities. People think he can re-create what Vick did here for some reason. Maybe some too because he is black, but I think it is more of 1 and 2. I sure hope so. When rooting for your football team I would hope winning came before race.....

I don't see the DJ problem as color, if anything DJ was drafted to fit the "old Falcon" offense which produced a sound .500 team at best.

DJ's playing style doesn't fit anymore, tonight he gets to prove if he is worthy of staying.

DJ may be a great fit elsewhere but he will be a perennial clipboard holder and practice squad QB if he stays here. DJ will NEVER be better than Matt Ryan.

Let me ask this, if DJ had not played at UGA, wouldn't he already be gone ,IF he had ever even been drafted by ATL?

Let me ask this, if DJ had not played at UGA, wouldn't he already be gone ,IF he had ever even been drafted by ATL?

I agree UGA was his mealticket to even getting drafted. I still dont know why we didnt just bring him in as a UDFA. Not like he would have chosen another team over the Falcons anyways.

:rolleyes: @ all of your posts.

I don't see the DJ problem as color, if anything DJ was drafted to fit the "old Falcon" offense which produced a sound .500 team at best.

DJ's playing style doesn't fit anymore, tonight he gets to prove if he is worthy of staying.

DJ may be a great fit elsewhere but he will be a perennial clipboard holder and practice squad QB if he stays here. DJ will NEVER be better than Matt Ryan.

i could care less for any UGA player..im a tech fan first.

and why doesnt his playing style fit anymore?are you saying joey's playing style(whatever that may be) fits better then shockley?

i know DJ will never be better then matt. i support matt, ive just seen enough of joey harrington not too want him as the 3rd stringer.

Well, what you call facts are, at least in my case, wrong. I've posted over and over in here that I have nothing against DJ, that as far as I can tell he's done everything this team has asked of him, and that I bear him no ill. However, I have also posted my belief that DJ will be cut and that my personal preference is he end up on our PS, keeping in mind that neither Harrington or Redman have long-term contracts.

I have also said repeatedly that some of the posts on this topic have gone past mere ridiculousness and into overtly stupid. Want to take a wild stab at where I think your race-baiting post falls?