Message board forecast for Fri. 8/29

Everyone knows tonight is THE night for the Georgia boy to show his stuff with the 1st string offense. Problem is, I seriously doubt the starters play more than 1 quarter. Smith would be stupid to leave those guys in any longer. Tonight is the night for the bubble players, therefore DJ will still mostly be playing with backups.

If this is the case, let's please not bring up the b.s. threads about DJ not getting a chance if he has a bad game. If he has a great game, let's not make excuses about him playing AGAINST backups either. It's one preseason game that means absolutely nothing either way.

Let's just be happy if he has a good game, the Falcons win, and no one is injured.

Everyone knows tonight is THE night for the Georgia boy to show his stuff with the 1st string offense. Problem is, I seriously doubt the starters play more than 1 quarter. Smith would be stupid to leave those guys in any longer. Tonight is the night for the bubble players, therefore DJ will still mostly be playing with backups.

If this is the case, let's please not bring up the b.s. threads about DJ not getting a chance if he has a bad game. If he has a great game, let's not make excuses about him playing AGAINST backups either. It's one preseason game that means absolutely nothing either way.

Let's just be happy if he has a good game, the Falcons win, and no one is injured.

there you go with your EE degree smarting up the place. :angry:

your post is quite cynical.

Shock hasn't been kicked of fthe team yet.

still trying to figure out why you refer to Shock as a "boy"?

which side of your mouth are you speaking from today?

smells like a troll again..

It's hard not to be cynical when it comes to this topic. The point of the thread was to ask people not to get crazy one way or the other after tonight's game. I think there are many here who will be upset that DJ didn't get a fair chance, even if he does make the team.

This is the same kind of thing you left me a message for....what's the difference between yours and mine? B)

No, he made a controversial post about Shockley that the Mod's deleted and he made another post asking why. I sent him a PM with what I thought from an outsiders point of view.

controversial?? bad enough to get deleted?? Man ive seen some bashing, but still they dont get deleted.

According to the latest article from the AJC, Shock is well liked by the coaching staff and his teammates and has plenty of fans from ALL races, whetther they be Falcons fans, UGA fans, or both. If the guy's own teammates are backing him and hoping he succeeds, why shouldn't the rest of us? We are FANS aren't we? These thinly blanketed threads bashing the young man need to stop. Tonight will be a great opportunity for DJ to show what he can do on the field. I for one hope he tears it up out there and leaves no doubt that he has a place in this league, if not on the team. Then MAYBE some of these naysayers will finally shaaadaaap and let the man live! :P

shockley gives the scout team more options during practice. i think harrington is redundant with ryan and redman already at 1 and 2. i also don't think shockley will be kept on the practice squad b/c i'd bet another team would activate him as a 3rd stringer.

i'd say regardless of tonight, if i were mike smith and td i would let harrington walk. he's had his shot and his a known commodity. shockley at least has potential, albeit potential is a dangerous word.

missvick that is actually a very good thought. With Shockley the falcons have more options when running the scouting teams during practice. Harrington dosent give them anything that redman can't give them.

The more I think about it the more I think the falcons are going to keep shockley and cut herrington. Unless he just totally blows tonight that is, but I think he will do okay.

He called him a 'Georgia boy' not 'boy.' You might want to question who the troll is in this thread.

This thread is BS. My only concern is the weather tonight.