TD and I have been on the same page.

nolebone

First off, I love the Falcons. Atlanta boy who actually got to intern for them growing up. I give major respect to all the posters on the boards because regardless of your opinions on whatever the topics are, the fact that you care enough about this team to post, fires me up. Go Falcons!

Board, please remember this. We are all on the same team.

That being said, I just want to point out that all the moves that TD has done, I summerized months ago in a thread. Many of you flamed me for it. I suggested that we trade all our older, aging vets and load up on draft picks and cap space. So many people called me crazy for wanting to unload Dunn, Crump, Brooking and Hall. Only KB remains and I honestly think he should be here. I change my mind. Only one poster, and I don't remember who it was, backed up my theory. I do however remember what he said. "Teams that have the guts to do this will have a bright future."

A few days/weeks/months later the board got revamped and I have no idea how to prove that these were some of my suggestions. The actual execution of this plan, although wanted, I did not know if it would happen.

Here, you see, is your first fatal mistake (see post above for example). Second, nobody likes a bragger.

No they don't and I don't care. It's not like hundreds of us were calling that play. I was the only one. Plain and simple. Yes, anybody would want some respect for that.

wait you mean you figured out we had old players and a high priced salary cap and still stunk?

Really being one of the highest priced teams in the NFL and only getting older and worse records, you figured out we would be rebuilding.

Dunn was slated to make like 5 mill this season if i recall correctly. While young rb`s dominated the NFL. People have been saying dunn was done for a while now and it wasnt just 2 people. People had mad respect for dunn for what he has done for atl, but as a player his time was winding down.

Coleman still hasnt been signed

crump was the only real shocker but his knees arent getting any younger.

Hall forced the trade himself. If he would have chilled he would have stayed.

So basically most people here knew what was coming when Vick went to jail. The end of the Vick era. We knew we had to clean up the salary cap and we knew we where gonna loose millions trying. But This all was set in motion when Vick went to jail and the injuries that plagued us early last season.

But people don't like to see their favorite player loose a job and they hope they still can make it. But even i madden if you have the highest paid team with the worst ranking the first thing you will do is cut those expensive old players.

wait you mean you figured out we had old players and a high priced salary cap and still stunk?

Really being one of the highest priced teams in the NFL and only getting older and worse records, you figured out we would be rebuilding.

Dunn was slated to make like 5 mill this season if i recall correctly. While young rb`s dominated the NFL. People have been saying dunn was done for a while now and it wasnt just 2 people. People had mad respect for dunn for what he has done for atl, but as a player his time was winding down.

So basically most people here knew what was coming when Vick went to jail. The end of the Vick era. We knew we had to clean up the salary cap and we knew we where gonna loose millions trying. But This all was set in motion when Vick went to jail and the injuries that plagued us early last season.

But people don't like to see their favorite player loose a job and they hope they still can make it. But even i madden if you have the highest paid team with the worst ranking the first thing you will do is cut those expensive old players.

You nailed it. I used simple logic and math. I agree with you about Crump only that I was surpised that he got "cut" and not "traded." I still think he is valuable. I still would want him on this team. I just think it would have taken us just long enough to turn this thing around to the point that he would be on the downside of his career and worth nothing. I still think we could have gotten a late draft pick. Used that as a sweetener to move up in the draft or something.

Hall...same as crump. He would have wanted monster money and out anyway. I still think it was the smart move even if he was the silent type. Out with the old and in with the new.

First off, I love the Falcons. Atlanta boy who actually got to intern for them growing up. I give major respect to all the posters on the boards because regardless of your opinions on whatever the topics are, the fact that you care enough about this team to post, fires me up. Go Falcons!

Board, please remember this. We are all on the same team.

That being said, I just want to point out that all the moves that TD has done, I summerized months ago in a thread. Many of you flamed me for it. I suggested that we trade all our older, aging vets and load up on draft picks and cap space. So many people called me crazy for wanting to unload Dunn, Crump, Brooking and Hall. Only KB remains and I honestly think he should be here. I change my mind. Only one poster, and I don't remember who it was, backed up my theory. I do however remember what he said. "Teams that have the guts to do this will have a bright future."

A few days/weeks/months later the board got revamped and I have no idea how to prove that these were some of my suggestions. The actual execution of this plan, although wanted, I did not know if it would happen.

the actual posts are still there- search by your previous user name or by phrases in the post- you should be able to find it. You'll also find out you weren't the ONLY one to suggest wholesale changes in this team...

the actual posts are still there- search by your previous user name or by phrases in the post- you should be able to find it. You'll also find out you weren't the ONLY one to suggest wholesale changes in this team...

You're probably right...I influenced all the others. I'm a leader like that. :D