4 biggest postion battles going into tonight

chris30277

1. #3 RB... Brown vs. Snelling - IMO Snelling has the edge because his body type is comprable to Turner, but then again Brown is more versitile

2. #3 QB....Shockley vs. Harrington- Harrington really hasn't had all that much time this preseason, I wouldn't be surprised if Shockley makes the team

3. #5 WR...Finneran vs. Jennings- I think Finneran is much more versitle, because he has a lot of value at WR, but unless we can find someone to return punts I see Jennings getting the nod

4. #2 SS...Cooper vs. Stone- I have only seen Stone on the field with scrubs, but I really like his play, I really hope he gets the nod over Cooper

I'd say....keep Brown and Snelling both...they both bring a lot to the table. Finneran should make this team... and i hope that he does. Jennings is too inconsistent. If the guy who showed up against the Titans had been here all along, then there would be no question about this at all. Once he gets cut, i'm sure he'll rethink his fair catch approach. I'd like to see Shockley stay, but that depends on tonight.

I'd take Finn over Jennings. I think Brown or Douglas or Norwood can handle return duties. **** I can get out there and fair catch every return. If I had to bet, I'd say Harrington gets the #3 QB. However, with Ryan starting, I'd prefer to keep Shock, just b/c we have a backup in Redman, we might as well keep Shock to see if we can find any value for him what so ever. If Redman were starting, I'd say keep Harrington as a back-up. The only spot I'd hate to be the decision maker on is the #3 RB. God only knows. I hope we find a way to keep both.

Finn vs Jennings-Norwood, Douglas and Brown can return punts. Jenning has one reception in the preseason. Granted he will likely get more tonight but he is not a good receiver and quite frankly I think he still has problems judging the ball in the air. Finneran has already shown he has the skills to be the goto guy on 3rd down conversions and for the fade to the corner in the endzone. Also as much crap as Finn gets for being slow, look who is one of the first to the ball on kickoff and he actually tackles instead of whiffs.

Right now Smith said that Jennings has the edge on punt return. Rossum always had great return average and attained legendary status because he would return one for a TD on average every 3 years but he was horrible as a DB.

It's not like Jennings had that great of a return average last year but he is definitely risky in fumbling since he had one last year and already one in preseason.

1. #3 RB... Brown vs. Snelling - IMO Snelling has the edge because his body type is comprable to Turner, but then again Brown is more versitile

2. #3 QB....Shockley vs. Harrington- Harrington really hasn't had all that much time this preseason, I wouldn't be surprised if Shockley makes the team

3. #5 WR...Finneran vs. Jennings- I think Finneran is much more versitle, because he has a lot of value at WR, but unless we can find someone to return punts I see Jennings getting the nod

4. #2 SS...Cooper vs. Stone- I have only seen Stone on the field with scrubs, but I really like his play, I really hope he gets the nod over Cooper

I agree with the first three, but I believe their will be a larger battle brewing at TE with the addition of Pollard and Milner returning to football activities, b/c both Cooper and Stone will be retained....

Brown vs. Snelling - I agree... Snelling has the upper hand. As good as Brown has looked running the ball and returnings kicks, Snelling has looked that much better running the ball and Norwood will be the KOR option. No slight to Brown, but Jason has already paid his dues on PS.

Finn and AJ - This will be interesting b/c Finneran may be used for more duties, but his duties and production could and perhaps should be covered by M. Jenkins. Same height; same skill set. AJ is not as easily replaceable as a punt returner.

Shockley vs. Harrington - IMHO, neither has impressed...Harrington with limited opportunities, and Shockley being set up for failure with having seen mop up duty with 4th string. Perhaps DJ wins the game of popularity and potential...

I'd take Snelling over Brown, because if Turner goes down then we don't have an every down back.

I'd keep Snelling over Brown, because Snelling is a better running back. From Tucker to UGA to the Falcons makes for a great human interest story, but Brown hasn't shown a whole lot in the PS. I bet if they put him on the practice squad, he'll stay there - as in no one will claim him. Given a year to develop might make a difference, but IMO - it's a no brainer.

Deke Cooper has history with Smith, but I hope he goes. He may be a wonderful human being, but he's not the future. Besides - Stone hits like a Mack Truck on ST.