I'm putting myself out there...

rhourk

I say both will be in serious contention for Rookie of the Year and Coach of the year respectively. I know the final decisions get a little political, so I can't say they will win, but both will be serious contenders. Bash me later I am cool with that if I'm wrong, but what the **** it's out there now.

All these predictions of greatness and the regular season has yet to start. You all are in for an enormous meltdown in a few weeks.

You are absolutely 100% wrong on this, this season cannot be any worse then what the Falcons and their fans went through last year. You are a joke... go back to talking to hot chicks on the internet Kip.

I say both will be in serious contention for Rookie of the Year and Coach of the year respectively. I know the final decisions get a little political, so I can't say they will win, but both will be serious contenders. Bash me later I am cool with that if I'm wrong, but what the **** it's out there now.

I hope. We'll see. ;)

If Coach Smith, Ryan and crew pull off a 7 or 8 win Season I think they should be hands down winners of ROY and COY. I think it's entirely possible.

The league and media have written us off for this year, I haven't. We were a darn good team before last years disaster, the talent has been here, the coaching has been lacking since Mora's 2nd season.

Yes we made a lot of changes but it looks like they're for the better. The o-line looks nasty and tough (which is something we haven't had since... I can't even remember when). The LBs look great! Our rookie QB looks like a pro already. Our running game looks killer. The secondary of no-names is holding it's own. The defense hasn't given up a TD in 10 quarters.

Yeah, it's preseason but this all adds up to very good signs not just for the future, but for NOW.

We will be far more competitive than we are being given credit for, even if we don't reach 7 or 8 wins.

All these predictions of greatness and the regular season has yet to start. You all are in for an enormous meltdown in a few weeks.

Personally, I'm not excited about this coming season because I think we are going to win a whole lot, but because I think we will make great and obvious strides towards becoming a far better team. I understand that we are very unlikely to make the playoffs and so if we finish and we have players on the team who have a breakout year like Roddy or Boley did last season, or if we have rookies that play well and show the potential to become dominating players, I will be happy with the season.

You are a Saints fan, are you not?

After all the investment the Saints have put in and all the years building up to this point and all the future draft picks sacrificed, unless they are spectacular this year there is no way the team is going to meet their fans expectations. People are already screaming 'dynasty' and 'superbowl' down in New Orleans - even if they manage to do OK, the 'aints have a fanbase heading towards a meltdown.

I think if we win 7, Smith will deserve it but I don't think he is going to get it. Even if we have a solid season with our 'bare bones' squad, it will be awarded to a team packed with talent that managed to sweep the league and went 14-2, such as the Chargers or the Cowboys. The Falcons just won't be visible enough for Smith to win it.

Ryan could win ROY but I think it is a lot harder for a QB to win than for example a RB. When VY won it he had the benefit of the Titans defence which isn't something Ryan is going to be able to fall back on. Still, I think he is in with a good chance, especially if he can play in the regular season like he has managed to do in pre season.

I think if we win 7, Smith will deserve it but I don't think he is going to get it. Even if we have a solid season with our 'bare bones' squad, it will be awarded to a team packed with talent that managed to sweep the league and went 14-2, such as the Chargers or the Cowboys. The Falcons just won't be visible enough for Smith to win it.

Ryan could win ROY but I think it is a lot harder for a QB to win than for example a RB. When VY won it he had the benefit of the Titans defence which isn't something Ryan is going to be able to fall back on. Still, I think he is in with a good chance, especially if he can play in the regular season like he has managed to do in pre season.

That's the politics I was talking about (the underlined part).

I agree that Vince had more help on the oter side of teh ball, but Ryan is just so much more ready than Vince was that it could be a wash.

And one more thing....

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Jigga Donkey.

· View this post

· Un-ignore Jigga Donkey

Precious.

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Jigga Donkey.

· View this post

· Un-ignore Jigga Donkey

Still my favorite feature of this board. I think if we are really competitive, and pull off an upset or two, then we will definitely see their names in contention for coach and rookie of the year.