Let's Get It On...College Football Starts Today...

Tonight my UConn Huskies play host to Hofstra. And even though college football in CT is nothing compared to college football in the south, I'm still pretty psyched. Maybe the Huskies aren't the Georgia Bulldogs, but the games are still a lot of fun to go to. They play their home games at Rentschler Field (The Rent), which only hold about 40,000, but when it is sold out the crowd can get pretty loud. As defending Big East champions this should be an exciting season. They are returning most of their starter, yet people are pikcing them to finish 5th in the BE this season. The first big test is Virginia in 3 weeks, so that should be a glimpse of what this team really has. As an alumni, a longtime season ticket holder and a die-hard fan, I say let the season begin!

Ready for Uconn to lose to UNC?

It should be an interesting match-up that's for sure. You really have two teams on the rise. UNC because of Butch Davis and UConn because they are new to 1-A and the Big East. I think this is a critical year for UConn though, because they definitely made some noise last year, and despite getting blown out by West Virginia, they still managed a share of the Big East Championship. And while the Big East isn't the ACC or the SEC, it's still pretty impressive for a team who was only part of the Big East for 4 years. They also managed to get ranked (and someone can check this) but they were 13th or 14th in the BCS standings at one point. So now they have to prove to the world they weren't a fluke, or they will fall back into obscurity.

I'm curious though, what is the outlook for UNC this year? From what I read in someone on ESPN.com's blog they have a shot at winning their division? Is that how most UNC fans feel? I was just checking the UNC schedule and I am sure UConn isn't exactly circled on your calendar having to play VT and then @ Miami in the two weeks prior to the contest against UConn.

It should be an interesting match-up that's for sure. You really have two teams on the rise. UNC because of Butch Davis and UConn because they are new to 1-A and the Big East. I think this is a critical year for UConn though, because they definitely made some noise last year, and despite getting blown out by West Virginia, they still managed a share of the Big East Championship. And while the Big East isn't the ACC or the SEC, it's still pretty impressive for a team who was only part of the Big East for 4 years. They also managed to get ranked (and someone can check this) but they were 13th or 14th in the BCS standings at one point. So now they have to prove to the world they weren't a fluke, or they will fall back into obscurity.

I'm curious though, what is the outlook for UNC this year? From what I read in someone on ESPN.com's blog they have a shot at winning their division? Is that how most UNC fans feel? I was just checking the UNC schedule and I am sure UConn isn't exactly circled on your calendar having to play VT and then @ Miami in the two weeks prior to the contest against UConn.

UConn definitely had a great year last year. I do recall them being ranked not sure about the BCS standing thing. Hopefully it wasn't a fluke, i like the up and coming teams for some reason (although i HATE UConn basketball)

IMO, we could win the division if we upset VT. There's a strong possibility we could do that because we are at home for that game, in Blacksburg i would say its a long shot. IMO we finish either 1st or 2nd in the division. @ Miami i don't know if we can win, i have faith but we always get creamed @ Miami and beat them @ UNC (Remember when Da U was top 5 and they came to Kenan :D) If we win Coastal we would most likely have to play Clemson. If we beat VT and Miami i would get my hopes up for an undefeated season. Probably come crashing down when we play Notre Dame or UConn :P