Anybody have info on NFL.com's Field Pass?

FlyDirty

I don't live anywhere near the Atlanta area and the NFL Sunday Ticket is a little bit too much of a financial commitment. I'm just wondering if anybody has any reviews. I don't want to go to some crowded sports bar every week (maybe every other week!) and be the only one watching the Falcons in the midst of hordes of Steeler, Patriots, Giants, Dallas and other bandwagon team fans. Sure it's just radio over the internet...but if my father could listen to Baseball games when he was a kid...I suppose I can too. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I don't live anywhere near the Atlanta area and the NFL Sunday Ticket is a little bit too much of a financial commitment. I'm just wondering if anybody has any reviews. I don't want to go to some crowded sports bar every week (maybe every other week!) and be the only one watching the Falcons in the midst of hordes of Steeler, Patriots, Giants, Dallas and other bandwagon team fans. Sure it's just radio over the internet...but if my father could listen to Baseball games when he was a kid...I suppose I can too. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I have Field Pass and I like it. It's my surefire backup on the small chance that my local sports bars doesn't show a Falcons game on gameday.

Somedays it's about 7 seconds slow (delayed radio broadcast, 'natch), but in addition to the game you also get the after game shows and interviews.

I would recommend it.

Info on field pass? yeah, it should be illegal. It's a ripoff for out of town fans by the greedy NFL execs and owners.

They have taken away the radio stations rights to be able to broadcast what they have paid money to broadcast via the means the broadcasters have at the disposal. If the radio stations did not pay for the rights to broadcast games, I probably wouldn't have as much of a problem with field pass. The NFL is double dipping here for basically no service provided.