Lions week 1

50yearsofpain

Hello Falcons fans. I'm a... well lets just say I've been forced to grow up watching the Lions.

Anyway, I came here to see what you guys thought about the upcoming game and I gotta say most of your comments have been right on.

-The Lions do not have a running game. Just prevent them from getting any yards on the ground on the first couple attempts and they'll quickly give up and become 1 dimensional. The Lions are putting their entire season on 3rd round pick rookie Kevin Smith to carry the team. There's no way it'll happen. Once he falters, or gets injured, they have no one - AND I MEAN NO ONE - who can run the ball effectively backing him up.

-The Lions biggest threat to you is our QB Kitna (who is deceivingly accurate and tough, and capable of throwing 25 yd passes consistently), Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson. I can't stress how good the WR's are, they're freaks. Jumping through the air and catching the ball one handed behind the back between defenders is a normal play to them. If they were on any other team they'd probably both have Superbowl rings by now. Yes, they are that good. Like I said though, just stop the Lions pathetic run attempts and you can cover these guys thoroughly. Then Kitna will start throwing INT's.

-The Lions O-line is putrid. It's bad guys. Worst in the league bad.

-The Lions secondary is suspect. It was bad last year and has really only gained one good player. Attack it.

-A huge deal with the Lions right now is their teamwork (which may make them appear to be better than they are). They're a bunch of misfits with little to no expectation who've been jelling really well throughout the off season with a grumpy old coach. I don't see this team taking rests on plays and giving up at the end of the 3rd quarter like the typical Lions team. The Falcons are going to have to play them until the game is called.

I've been seeing a lot of disrespect spread about the Falcons this preseason. I know you can be good though because you've got ownership that cares and an exciting rookie QB to test. My biggest disapointment right now is that Joey won't be able to toss 3 TD's in a game against his old team again, but I'll get over it as long as you guys come out with the W.

Win this game guys. Remind the Lions organization and the people of Detroit what losers they have for a football team! Some day if I'm lucky enough, the team will be sold to an owner who actually cares about football and we can meet again under more competitive circumstances... until then, GO FALCONS!!!

Welcome to the board!

You pretty much highlighted my biggest worries: Kitna, Williams and Johnson. Although I do like Kevin Smith, I wanted the Falcons to draft him before they picked up Turner. Once the Lions get the o-line figured out he'll be good. Smith is a horse...

I don't know much about the Lions defense expect they have a really good linebacker Sims and 2 pretty good corners Bodden and Kelly. It should be a pretty good match up and hopefully the Falcons come out on top...

I don't know much about the Lions defense expect they have a really good linebacker Sims and 2 pretty good corners Bodden and Kelly. It should be a pretty good match up and hopefully the Falcons come out on top...

The D is a wild card. Last year it was the worst in the league, but this year I think it will be substantially better. The best was to test it is just to Run right down the middle. The Lions became a worse team when they let Shaun Rogers to to Cleveland. They've had to overload the DL with players because there's no standouts. No better way to demoralize them than by running it down their throats.

Hello Falcons fans. I'm a... well lets just say I've been forced to grow up watching the Lions.

Me too man... me too.

But yea i agree, they THINK they have a running game cuz Kevin Smith busted a 45 yard TD run but he has been getting like 2 yards/carry all pre-season.

O-Line is bad as stated above. To beat them we have to get pressure that way we can pressure Kitna into bad decisions... which is quite easy really. Sine our D-Line isn't really great at getting pressure, aside from Abraham, we're gonna have to blitz some LB's. We will probably see A LOT of Anderson at UT with Kroy at his DE spot. That way we can get as much pressure as possible from our D-Line.

They're good at getting pressure on the QB though. They do this by bringing LB's though. We should be OK cuz Matt's a smart QB and can get the ball out of his hands fast. Pollard was a good sign cuz he's experienced with balls being drilled in his face ;) hit me. Moving on....

I'm confident we can get a win. That's the good thing about living near opponent's teams cities. You get more inside info.

Me too man... me too.

But yea i agree, they THINK they have a running game cuz Kevin Smith busted a 45 yard TD run but he has been getting like 2 yards/carry all pre-season.

They're good at getting pressure on the QB though. They do this by bringing LB's though. We should be OK cuz Matt's a smart QB and can get the ball out of his hands fast. Pollard was a good sign cuz he's experienced with balls being drilled in his face ;) hit me. Moving on....

Kevin broke 1 good run, and it was after the Browns pulled both their starting center D-linemen.

The Lions have been blitzing a lot. You will have to deal with that.

im most worried about our pass rush with the combo of our bad cornerbacks. that is probably our 2 worst parts of the team so lions have a favorable matchup with their 2 best assets being their quarterback and wide receivers.

at least lions have an awful defense. I hope turner and jerious have a field day out there.

I think the Lions are like the Falcons in one important way : They are MUCH better than the outside world thinks !!!

If Falcon's fans think Game 1 is a lock...........a sure win.............BIG MISTAKE !!!!!! We will have to play our best to beat Detroit, especially their passing game.

Anyway, I came here to see what you guys thought about the upcoming game and I gotta say most of your comments have been right on.

-The Lions do not have a running game. Just prevent them from getting any yards on the ground on the first couple attempts and they'll quickly give up and become 1 dimensional. The Lions are putting their entire season on 3rd round pick rookie Kevin Smith to carry the team. There's no way it'll happen. Once he falters, or gets injured, they have no one - AND I MEAN NO ONE - who can run the ball effectively backing him up.

-The Lions biggest threat to you is our QB Kitna (who is deceivingly accurate and tough, and capable of throwing 25 yd passes consistently), Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson. I can't stress how good the WR's are, they're freaks. Jumping through the air and catching the ball one handed behind the back between defenders is a normal play to them. If they were on any other team they'd probably both have Superbowl rings by now. Yes, they are that good. Like I said though, just stop the Lions pathetic run attempts and you can cover these guys thoroughly. Then Kitna will start throwing INT's.

-The Lions O-line is putrid. It's bad guys. Worst in the league bad.

-The Lions secondary is suspect. It was bad last year and has really only gained one good player. Attack it.

-A huge deal with the Lions right now is their teamwork (which may make them appear to be better than they are). They're a bunch of misfits with little to no expectation who've been jelling really well throughout the off season with a grumpy old coach. I don't see this team taking rests on plays and giving up at the end of the 3rd quarter like the typical Lions team. The Falcons are going to have to play them until the game is called.

I've been seeing a lot of disrespect spread about the Falcons this preseason. I know you can be good though because you've got ownership that cares and an exciting rookie QB to test. My biggest disapointment right now is that Joey won't be able to toss 3 TD's in a game against his old team again, but I'll get over it as long as you guys come out with the W.

Win this game guys. Remind the Lions organization and the people of Detroit what losers they have for a football team! Some day if I'm lucky enough, the team will be sold to an owner who actually cares about football and we can meet again under more competitive circumstances... until then, GO FALCONS!!!

It's sounds like your POed at the Lions. Whats going on??

I think the Lions are like the Falcons in one important way : They are MUCH better than the outside world thinks !!!

If Falcon's fans think Game 1 is a lock...........a sure win.............BIG MISTAKE !!!!!! We will have to play our best to beat Detroit, especially their passing game.

I agree, this one will be close but I think we have a good shot because it's at home.