Perry Laurentino

rugger8

They were talking this morning about being a fan. Matt was saying that Perry is a bandwagon jumper, and he is. He likes the Steelers, the Mets, and USC. That's simply not a fan. He has no attachment to any of those cities. It must take all of Matt's self control not to just wrap the mic cord around Perry's neck. I'd love for them to dump Perry and just make it Rude and Matt.

I'm a fan of (obviously) the Falcons, the Braves, and I want desperately for the Hawks and Thrashers to win... though I'm pretty ambivalent about both sports. For college, I went to a small school so I'm not big on any particular schools, but I always root for UGA and GT, except when they play each other, I root for GT. My backup NFL team is the Titans, because I lived in Memphis when they moved there before Nashville. I root for them, but don't follow them like I do the Falcons.

Not every radio show needs a heel, do they?

680 has the worst morning show in the history of radio.

790's is worse. I can't stand those NY accents, and laughing at nothing and yelling back and forth. Every now and again, they talk sports, but not often enough to suffer through their BS. That said, Perry's personality is worse than any of theirs. His show's just not as bad... thanks to Rude.

They were talking this morning about being a fan. Matt was saying that Perry is a bandwagon jumper, and he is. He likes the Steelers, the Mets, and USC. That's simply not a fan. He has no attachment to any of those cities. It must take all of Matt's self control not to just wrap the mic cord around Perry's neck. I'd love for them to dump Perry and just make it Rude and Matt.

I'm a fan of (obviously) the Falcons, the Braves, and I want desperately for the Hawks and Thrashers to win... though I'm pretty ambivalent about both sports. For college, I went to a small school so I'm not big on any particular schools, but I always root for UGA and GT, except when they play each other, I root for GT. My backup NFL team is the Titans, because I lived in Memphis when they moved there before Nashville. I root for them, but don't follow them like I do the Falcons.

Not every radio show needs a heel, do they?

To be fair to Perry, he grew up in New York and graduated from Southern Cal. No bandwagon jumping there. As for the Steelers, he picked them as his favorite team when he was a little kid because he liked the colors (told me that himself). Not a great reason, but it wasn't because they were doing well and he wanted to be a frontrunner. Besides, he's been a fan of theirs for 35 or 40 years - hard to call a guy like that a bandwagon fan.

Regarding the picture of him, that was taken three years ago or so when he was on the 10-1 show and they told him to try and look tough. Big mistake; Perry can't look tough. They really ought to take a new picture of him for the website because he does look like the kind of guy who'd spike your drink. Heh...

That said, I don't really like the 680 morning show either. Rude and Perry are both very nice guys, but the show doesn't offer too much in the way of sports insight.

Direwolf

I can't speak to Perry's off air personality, as you can Dan, so I'll try to curtail personal attacks that might be beyond his radio personality. I think Matt will add a lot of sports insight to the show- not to mention an actual fan of Atlanta sports.

Cheers, buddy.

To be fair to Perry, he grew up in New York and graduated from Southern Cal. No bandwagon jumping there. As for the Steelers, he picked them as his favorite team when he was a little kid because he liked the colors (told me that himself). Not a great reason, but it wasn't because they were doing well and he wanted to be a frontrunner. Besides, he's been a fan of theirs for 35 or 40 years - hard to call a guy like that a bandwagon fan.

Regarding the picture of him, that was taken three years ago or so when he was on the 10-1 show and they told him to try and look tough. Big mistake; Perry can't look tough. They really ought to take a new picture of him for the website because he does look like the kind of guy who'd spike your drink. Heh...

That said, I don't really like the 680 morning show either. Rude and Perry are both very nice guys, but the show doesn't offer too much in the way of sports insight.

Direwolf

I knew most of that already. I still can't stand him though. If he would just talk sports without being so 'I know everything and you do not' I might could stand him. He also talks way to much about his personal life. I don't care what does during is off time or what he watches on TV. If I wanted to know that kind of stuff, I'd listen to FM fluff radio....

One more thing that drives me nuts is his Sports Blasts during the day. He always reports on news from several days old. He never has anything new to say. All he does is read the AJC and report on those stories. Who couldn't do that?

Well, part of the problem is that Rude knows next to nothing about sports (and would be the first to tell you that) and so Perry can't do as much sports stuff as he would like to do.

But yeah, he does have a know-it-all streak and I can understand how that would hack people off.

As for the sports blast, that's what they all do. Perry is just more bland with it than many because he was essentially sandbagged into doing it.

The biggest irony is that Perry and John Kincade are two of the nicest, most helpful guys you'll meet off the air and are also some of the most reviled around the area as far as their on the air stuff.

Direwolf

I can't speak to Perry's off air personality, as you can Dan, so I'll try to curtail personal attacks that might be beyond his radio personality. I think Matt will add a lot of sports insight to the show- not to mention an actual fan of Atlanta sports.

Cheers, buddy.

I hope so. That show needs it.

Hope all is well, pal. Take care!

Well, part of the problem is that Rude knows next to nothing about sports (and would be the first to tell you that) and so Perry can't do as much sports stuff as he would like to do.

But yeah, he does have a know-it-all streak and I can understand how that would hack people off.

As for the sports blast, that's what they all do. Perry is just more bland with it than many because he was essentially sandbagged into doing it.

The biggest irony is that Perry and John Kincade are two of the nicest, most helpful guys you'll meet off the air and are also some of the most reviled around the area as far as their on the air stuff.

Direwolf

I don't mind Kincade. He does get too high and mighty to the point of being unrealistic, but as far as sports go, he's pretty knowledgable and fair.

Direwolf

The strange thing to me is that I don't have the same dislike of Kincade. Well, I take that back. I can't stand when he talks about basketball. He knows nothing of the sport and should keep his mouth shut.

Direwolf

I just get tired of Kincade's sarcasm and his overused little jokes (Yes, we all know that UGA is getting love from the AJC and yes, we all know they actually need to play the games).

'Sheesh' 'Unbelievable'...it's all he ever says.

I just get tired of Kincade's sarcasm and his overused little jokes (Yes, we all know that UGA is getting love from the AJC and yes, we all know they actually need to play the games).

'Sheesh' 'Unbelievable'...it's all he ever says.

Have you listened to his national show? It's weird. His personality totally changes, and he's far more likable. I like him much better than Cowherd, who repeats himself over and over to the point that be basically does his show three times in his 4 hour time slot.