just when I thought someone was finally giving the Falcons some credit

jes2400

I was watching NFL Total Access and they were talking about the QB decisions around the league.When they got ta the Falcons,I was expecting the usual negative comments.To my surprise,they praised the Falcons for making a great move in naming Ryan the starter.Jamie Dukes said it was the right move and praised Ryan's leadership skills.I was like wow!Finally something good said about the Falcons.Then here comes Jim"Playoffs??!!"Mora compairing Ryan with Payton Manning's rookie year saying Manning had stars around him and Ryan doesn't and Ryan is going to struggle.I mean he did say he thinks Ryan will be ok,but Mora's acting as if we don't have any players around Ryan.I guess I should have known better than to think we'd actually get a good review on something without someone finding something negative to say about us. SEPTEMBER 7th, HURRY UP AND GET HERE ALREADY,I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!!!

ignore any and everything Jim "PLAYOFFS!?!?!?!?" Mora has to say about this franchise... he has been bitter a twisted in regards us since we let his Son go...

and before that we were the best thing since sliced bread because we hired his son

politics is what it is dammit!

I was watching NFL Total Access and they were talking about the QB decisions around the league.When they got ta the Falcons,I was expecting the usual negative comments.To my surprise,they praised the Falcons for making a great move in naming Ryan the starter.Jamie Dukes said it was the right move and praised Ryan's leadership skills.I was like wow!Finally something good said about the Falcons.Then here comes Jim"Playoffs??!!"Mora compairing Ryan with Payton Manning's rookie year saying Manning had stars around him and Ryan doesn't and Ryan is going to struggle.I mean he did say he thinks Ryan will be ok,but Mora's acting as if we don't have any players around Ryan.I guess I should have known better than to think we'd actually get a good review on something without someone finding something negative to say about us. SEPTEMBER 7th, HURRY UP AND GET HERE ALREADY,I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!!!

I thought it was funny, because he said Manning had "a lot of success" in his first year. At the end of the interview, Rich Eisen called him on it. He was almost laughing when he asked Mora about a lot of success and yet Manning went 3-13.

One could argue that Payton Manning's first season was more ignoble because he had those Colts linemen. Many people seem to be rather eager to ignore the fact that Manning's football career didn't really take off until the 2003 season - the sixth season after he was drafted. Before that there were plenty of analysis willing to proclaim Manning's performances as "disappointing," when not labeling him a bust.

Personally, I don't think the Falcons are quite as downtrodden as some would have. Matt Ryan is going to be a good NFL quarterback - but bullets are not going to bounce off him. 2008 is going to be a season of highs and lows - with the lows being emphasized by most observers. The real tests for Ryan will come early. If the Falcons can manage to be even 2-2 at the end of September, things will bode well for the future.

I fully expect after the Falcons win their fifth game that you post your suicide note in this forum.

nope, cause that 5th win may happen week 16 if you Falgoons are lucky.

You all are underestimating how turrible your roster is from a talent/depth perspective. It's going to be painfully obvious in a week.

Well the Falcons don't have any players around Ryan and Ryan will struggle, tremendously.

I can't wait for Ryan to vomit all over himself this year. You guys will be lucky to win 4 games

Are you called Jigga DONKEY because you talk out of your a@*#$?Because all we here from you is crap!

Well the Falcons don't have any players around Ryan and Ryan will struggle, tremendously.

I can't wait for Ryan to vomit all over himself this year. You guys will be lucky to win 4 games

Dude....you are an idiot...Peyton has Marshall Faulk.....and Marvin Harrison.....I could easily compare Roddy White...and Michael Turner to both of them early in their careers....but nice try.

I don't really care what the so-called experts have to say. Most of the time they are wrong anyway. I like the fact that we are flying under the radar. Most people have us going 3-13, but imo, we can win at least 6 games. That will go a long way toward next year, when all of our rookies are no longer rookies. Falcons will surprise a few people this year, especially if the Defense plays the season the way they have played in the preseason. Strong defense, good running game is a recipe for a good season.

I wonder how in depth these so called analysis guys look at the teams. The Oline is looking good, Turner looks like the real deal, and the receiving core has vastly improved over the last 10 years. They are not household names yet but some of these guys will be by midseason. Sit back and watch Jimmy Playoffs.

Dude....you are an idiot...Peyton has Marshall Faulk.....and Marvin Harrison.....I could easily compare Roddy White...and Michael Turner to both of them early in their careers....but nice try.

Actually I would compare Norwood to Faulk...and Harry Douglas to Harrison..size and speed....also that Colts team had Tarik Glenn (2nd season) who could easily be compared to Sam baker....I also beleive the fullbacks would be more comparable to Turner (those were Craig Hayward & Zach Crockett)...I would compare Roddy to Jerome Pathon or Torrence Small...with a brighter future...also that team had Marcus Pollard & Ken Dilger @ TE...a pass catching & blocking TE...similar to what we have.....

So what does this mean???? Hey if we went 3-13 like the Colts did that year...I would take it if we have the success in later years that they have had....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Comparing Shoddy White and Turner to those two?

Along with compairng Manning to Ryan?

And who is the idiot here?

:lol:

One could argue that Payton Manning's first season was more ignoble because he had those Colts linemen. Many people seem to be rather eager to ignore the fact that Manning's football career didn't really take off until the 2003 season - the sixth season after he was drafted. Before that there were plenty of analysis willing to proclaim Manning's performances as "disappointing," when not labeling him a bust.

Personally, I don't think the Falcons are quite as downtrodden as some would have. Matt Ryan is going to be a good NFL quarterback - but bullets are not going to bounce off him. 2008 is going to be a season of highs and lows - with the lows being emphasized by most observers. The real tests for Ryan will come early. If the Falcons can manage to be even 2-2 at the end of September, things will bode well for the future.

great post man, absolutely great.

To all of you guys who are quoting Jigga...that is the only reason he is still here...those of us with the techno savy to have blocked him, no longer have to deal with his ramblings, but you guys are jacking it up by quoting him. Please refrain from feeding JiggaTroll

As far as Mora said about Ryan, he's upset that his son couldn't cut it here.