Scary Quotes from Obama's book

From Dreams of My Father:'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'

From Dreams of My Father : 'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.'

From Dreams of My Father:'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.'

From Dreams of My Father:'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself , the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'

And FINALLY the Most Damning one of ALL of them!!!

From Audacity of Hope:'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'

There you go, Obamanites! Do you really know this man?

those quotes are fake!!! here are real ones that are much much much more incrimenating as per nonpartisan blog:

http://obamatruthdotcom.blogspot.com/

"Of course, not all my conversations with Arabs follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani's, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. I will stand with Ahmadinejad should the political winds shift against Iran in an ugly direction."

---The Audacity of Hope, page 69

"The emotion between the races could never be pure..... the other race would always remain just that: menacing, alien, and apart. Our race must not let this menace persist. We must stand and fight against it with every fiber of our being"

--Dreams of My Father, page 108

"Hawaii has always been a very pivotal role in the Pacific. It is in the Pacific. It is a part of the United States that is an island that is right here."

--August 2008 vacation in Hawaii.

"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."

--February 2008

"Many at the time criticized Reverend King's nonviolence doctrine as too radical. The benefit of hindsight now shows that Reverend King was not radical enough. The nonviolence movement was too timid to accomplish the goals it set."

--Democratic National Convention, 2004

"You cannot go into a Waffle House or a Huddle House unless you have a slight redneck accent."

--June 17th, 2008 in South Carolina

Quotes you'll never see in the mainstream media!!!

Since I have read the entire book, the answer is yes

McCainisms

My friends, we have reached a crisis, the first probably serious crisis internationally since the end of the Cold War. This is an act of aggression." --on Russia's invasion of Georgia, forgetting crises such as the Gulf War, 9/11, and the Iraq war, Aspen, Colorado, Aug. 14, 2008

"We have a lot of work to do. It's a very hard struggle, particularly given the situation on the Iraq-Pakistan border." --referring to a border that does not exist, ABC News interview, July 21, 2008

"I will veto every single beer, um, bill with earmarks." --speaking at the National Small Business Summit, Washington, D.C., June 10, 2008

"We should be able to deliver bottled hot water to dehydrated babies." --Kenner, Louisiana, June 3, 2008

"I'm going to be honest: I know a lot less about economics than I do about military and foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated."

"The issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as I should. I've got Greenspan's book."

"F**k you! I know more about this than anyone else in the room." --to Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX), during a testy exchange about immigration legislation

There are neighborhoods in Baghdad where you and I could walk through those neighborhoods today." --prior to visiting a Baghdad market while being flanked by 22 soldiers, 10 armored Humvees, and two Apache attack helicopters

"I think I'd just commit suicide." --in October 2006, on the prospects of the Democrats taking back the Senate in the November election

(definte flip flop there)

I have not read the books but how can someone fake quotes taken from a book? I mean it's either in there or it's not. The man said it or he didn't .

I received these quotes from an email from a trusted friend so I will confess to posting this without checking the veracity of it. If I'm wrong ... I will certainly apoligize!

I have not read the books but how can someone fake quotes taken from a book? I mean it's either in there or it's not. The man said it or he didn't .

I received these quotes from an email from a trusted friend so I will confess to posting this without checking the veracity of it. If I'm wrong ... I will certainly apoligize!

You post quotes from a book you haven't read. How do you know they are in the book? Because an e-mailer sent them to you. Tell you what I have 100 million in a bank in Africa, send me your bank account number and I'll transfer some to you.......get the point.

The quotes are in there, but not in the context presented. I don't like Obama either, but stating factual inaccuracies doesn't help McCain's cause.

You post quotes from a book you haven't read. How do you know they are in the book? Because an e-mailer sent them to you. Tell you what I have 100 million in a bank in Africa, send me your bank account number and I'll transfer some to you.......get the point.

No I don't get your point!

I said I received this from a trusted friend (A person I trust enough to actually send my back account number to.). I don't know you from Jack Squat ... I would send you the sweat off my ... oh never mind!

We've probably all been guilty of posting from sources that we haven't read the entirety. If I had to sit down and read an entire book before a quoted something from it ... I'd be a very busy man.

Well, he never said he would stand by the muslims, so you are definitely wrong on that. Here is the quote from the book:

Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

He said Arab and Pakastani AMERICANS, thus US citizens and he said he would stand by them to show their citizenship meant something.

This has been posted and the Muslim remark has been shot down several times on this board alone, so yea, I expect you HAVE read it and you DID know it was untrue but the tactic of slinging something til it sticks is an old one I guess. And your trusted friend is a spreader of lies. Get some new friends.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/obama-books.htm

You can also find this on Obama's web site

"I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites."-Truth!

This is an accurate quote from the introduction to Dreams from My Father. The book chronicles Obama's experience as the son of an African father and an American mother.

"I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race."-Fiction!

This quote does not exist in either of Obama's books.

"There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white."-Truth!

This is a quote from Dreams from My Father. It it in a section in which Obama describes a job interview with a man in Chicago. Race had been a part of their discussion and the full quote is, "There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white---he'd said himself that was a problem."

It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names."-Truth!

This one is also from Dreams from My Father. It is from a section when Obama was a college student and wrestling with his identity including as an African-American. The quote describes his observation of what was required among his fellow students.

"I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, Dubois and Mandela."-Truth!

This is from Dreams from my Father. The more complete quote is, ""Yes, I’d seen weakness in other men— Gramps and his disappointments, Lolo and his compromise. But these men had become object lessons for me, men I might love but never emulate, white men and brown men whose fates didn’t speak to my own. It was into my father’s image, the black man, son of Africa, that I’d packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela."

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."-Fiction!

This is a corruption of a quote from Obama's book The Audacity of Hope. It is from a section that talks about the concerns of immigrants who are American citizens.

Here is the accurate and more complete quote: "Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

My friends, we have reached a crisis, the first probably serious crisis internationally since the end of the Cold War. This is an act of aggression." --on Russia's invasion of Georgia, forgetting crises such as the Gulf War, 9/11, and the Iraq war, Aspen, Colorado, Aug. 14, 2008

"We should be able to deliver bottled hot water to dehydrated babies." --Kenner, Louisiana, June 3, 2008

WTH :lol::lol::lol::lol:

good question you can't fake quotes from book you can only rearrange words in books to say something else!!! quotes i posted are real quotes from his books they're even scarier than what email says!!!