3rd sting QB

I think the buzz is because of the fact that we used 3 different quarterbacks last year. Of course, we now have a different coaching staff, so hopefully no one is getting thrown under the bus as they were last year. The point is, it's the NFL. Anything can happen.

A #3 QB is an Emergency Quarterback....so for all of you UGA Jock lovin fans out there who want Shockley on the team...if you really cared about him and thought he was good...you would hope he gets cut and is signed to another team with a bad QB situation, becuase unless an Emergency happens...he will NEVER see a regular season snap for the Falcons!!!!

I am to the point now where I wished he was cut just so this would end. I think he could get a look with a team like the Viks to back up Tavarius (sp) but with teams that need QB depth he might get another chance. For the Falcons Ryan is our QB and Shock will have to carry a clip board which is not bad money for the job.

I really don't care who is the number 3 QB for our Falcons.

Joey and DJ have assets and liabilities that will have been completely analyzed by 6:00 p.m. this Saturday, when the roster is cut to 53 players. The coaches will decide based upon performance, and I'll be happy with whomever they think should hold the clipboard this season. Period.

This will result in some interesting posts in TATF, once the dust settles and either DJ or Joey is gone:

1. If Joey is released, he'll likely be picked up by some team needing an experienced NFL backup. This will make all of the Joey haters forever happy, since he will no longer be wearing a Falcons uniform. It will make the Joey lovers unhappy at first, but they'll soon turn into happy campers because their hero will be getting another 'fresh start', with the promise of a clean slate.

2. If DJ is released, he is less likely to be picked up by an NFL team, since he has no NFL experience. Perhaps he'll get an opportunity to play in Canada. This will make the UGA lovers/DJ huggers infuriated and they'll whine, cry and carry on for months about the terrible injustice done to their hero. Interestingly, I don't really think there are many DJ haters out there. I believe that the vast majority of negative DJ posts are a direct response to the numerous homers who support UGA players regardless of their ability to perform in the NFL. I think that most football fans think highly of DJ. and respect his college performance; however, they question his ability to play at the NFL level.

Either way, I hope that all of the QB drama ends on Saturday night so that we can start focusing on building a competitive team and winning football games.