only 7% of americans watch boring democratic convention!

mizzufalcfan

fox news showed boring convention for what it was a real snorer!!! only 7% of americans bothered to watch & most of them prolly liberal loosers w/ nothing better to do w/ their time!!! no bounce for obama & hillary gave timid endorsement if it was even endorsement of obama!!! everyone knows she hates obama so she's not giving full support so that's great news for mccain!!!

oh yeah & fox news continues to rules!!!!!

Obama ratings better than Kerry's after 1st night

By DAVID BAUDER, AP Television Writer Tue Aug 26, 8:41 PM ET

NEW YORK - Television viewers showed more interest in the Democratic convention on Monday than they did for the first night of the convention that nominated John Kerry four years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

But the Nielsen Media Research ratings didn't offer much good news to the broadcast kingpins.

An estimated 21.4 million viewers watched Michelle Obama's speech about her husband during the 10 p.m. hour Monday on either ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox News Channel or MSNBC, Nielsen said. Add in BET and TV One, networks covering the convention for the first time, and the viewership reached 22.3 million. No immediate estimate was available for PBS or CNBC.

The six broadcast or news networks recorded 18.4 million viewers for the first night in 2004, Nielsen said.

NBC led the way this year with 4.9 million viewers, followed by CNN's 4.3 million. ABC had 3.8 million, CBS had 3.5 million, Fox News Channel had 2.9 million and MSNBC had 2.1 million.

It was an achievement for CNN, which had not beaten any broadcast networks in such head-to-head competition before. Four years ago, Fox News Channel beat the broadcasters each night of the Republican convention.

Two of the broadcasters — ABC and CBS — had smaller audiences for their coverage Monday than they had four years ago. The CBS decline was 23 percent, Nielsen said.

Four years ago viewers were much more likely to switch to ABC, CBS or NBC when their coverage began at 10 p.m. But this year, more of the viewers who were watching on cable networks stuck with them — an indication of the further erosion of broadcasters' longtime advantage.

During the 8 to 11 p.m. prime-time, viewership on the three cable networks this year (8.9 million) nearly doubled the 4.8 million figure from four year ago, Nielsen said.

During that period, CNN averaged 3.7 million viewers, Fox had 3 million and MSNBC had 2.1 million. A recent study found that Democratic viewers favored CNN and MSNBC, while Fox had an edge among Republicans.

I may not watch it live, but I watch the speeches the next day... as I'm doing now with Hillary's speech.

Not a very accurate measurement of what the value really is. Plus, all those people who just watch highlights the next day and get the gist of the speeches.

McCain bad, Obama good.

Republicans bad, democrats good.

Was there more?

McCain bad... Obama or Hillary good. Truth can't become any simpler. People need to hear why, and that's why you have these speeches.

Those speeches are nothing but rhetoric designed to get a response from an already over-hyped audience. As much as I hate using over-used cliches, actions speak louder than words.

Didn't we learn anything from Clinton and Bush?

Those speeches are nothing but rhetoric designed to get a response from an already over-hyped audience. As much as I hate using over-used cliches, actions speak louder than words.

The Dem talking heads were speaking about the speeches and even said outright "that a certain percentage of every speech has to be raw meat (i.e. Bush\McCain bashing) for the crowd, they demand it"

As do the Republicans at their convention, if anyone tries to watch a speech in order to seriously get what a politicians believes and feels, they are just kidding themselves......the truth is in the records, never believe any politician's words.

fox news showed boring convention for what it was a real snorer!!! only 7% of americans bothered to watch & most of them prolly liberal loosers w/ nothing better to do w/ their time!!! no bounce for obama & hillary gave timid endorsement if it was even endorsement of obama!!! everyone knows she hates obama so she's not giving full support so that's great news for mccain!!!

oh yeah & fox news continues to rules!!!!!

Obama ratings better than Kerry's after 1st night

By DAVID BAUDER, AP Television Writer Tue Aug 26, 8:41 PM ET

NEW YORK - Television viewers showed more interest in the Democratic convention on Monday than they did for the first night of the convention that nominated John Kerry four years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

But the Nielsen Media Research ratings didn't offer much good news to the broadcast kingpins.

An estimated 21.4 million viewers watched Michelle Obama's speech about her husband during the 10 p.m. hour Monday on either ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox News Channel or MSNBC, Nielsen said. Add in BET and TV One, networks covering the convention for the first time, and the viewership reached 22.3 million. No immediate estimate was available for PBS or CNBC.

The six broadcast or news networks recorded 18.4 million viewers for the first night in 2004, Nielsen said.

NBC led the way this year with 4.9 million viewers, followed by CNN's 4.3 million. ABC had 3.8 million, CBS had 3.5 million, Fox News Channel had 2.9 million and MSNBC had 2.1 million.

It was an achievement for CNN, which had not beaten any broadcast networks in such head-to-head competition before. Four years ago, Fox News Channel beat the broadcasters each night of the Republican convention.

Two of the broadcasters — ABC and CBS — had smaller audiences for their coverage Monday than they had four years ago. The CBS decline was 23 percent, Nielsen said.

Four years ago viewers were much more likely to switch to ABC, CBS or NBC when their coverage began at 10 p.m. But this year, more of the viewers who were watching on cable networks stuck with them — an indication of the further erosion of broadcasters' longtime advantage.

During the 8 to 11 p.m. prime-time, viewership on the three cable networks this year (8.9 million) nearly doubled the 4.8 million figure from four year ago, Nielsen said.

During that period, CNN averaged 3.7 million viewers, Fox had 3 million and MSNBC had 2.1 million. A recent study found that Democratic viewers favored CNN and MSNBC, while Fox had an edge among Republicans.

Sounds like you are trying to convince yourself of this fact :lol::lol:

39 million viewers are expected to watch Obama's speech tomorrow.

I can't stay up to 11 PM to watch their speeches in their entirety. I wake up the next morning, and PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL them from CNN's website as I eat breakfast. Many people are in my boat. I can't tell you what the true percentage of people who are paying attention to the DNC is, but I can without doubt tell you it's more than 7%.

Again, you're also leaving out those people who may not want to watch the speeches, but they're watching the news the next day to see excerpts.

39 million viewers are expected to watch Obama's speech tomorrow.

I can't stay up to 11 PM to watch their speeches in their entirety. I wake up the next morning, and PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL them from CNN's website as I eat breakfast. Many people are in my boat. I can't tell you what the true percentage of people who are paying attention to the DNC is, but I can without doubt tell you it's more than 7%.

Again, you're also leaving out those people who may not want to watch the speeches, but they're watching the news the next day to see excerpts.

And I'll be one of the 39 million viewers, that is, as long as he says something worthwhile and I don't fall asleep on him.

And I'm not the one who cares about the numbers of viewers. (that's the originator of this thread's worry.)