Baltimore Ravens! DEFENSE?

Do you guys think that Ray Lewis and the #1 Defense plays a quarter? I think it will be good for Ryan to go against The Ravens #1 Defense for the 1st half if he plays that long. I hope that Harrington and Shockley get to play against Ray Lewis and #1def of the ravens. Thursday night.

If Ryan plays good against them then I as a Falcon Fan will be pumped for the Season to start! If he struggles then I guess we can say its only Preseason!

If Harrington and Shockley get to play against the 1st String Def and they both struggle "Who makes the team"?

If Harrington plays and throws 1 Int, gets sacked 2 times but leads the team down the field -- do we keep him for 3rd string?

If Shockley plays and Throws 1 Int, Dosent get sacked but rushes for 50+yrds and leads team down field-- do we keep him for 3rd string?

What do you guys think?

Check out some of the headlines on AF.com and Smith's interviews. Ryan is going to play for a short bit (1-2 series) and then Shockley is getting his chance (and it sounds like for a lot of the rest of the game - coach Smith wants him to get in against the Ravens 1st team at least).

celtik

Didn't Lewis get pretty hurt early last year? I would bet that if he does play, it might be for just a few drives. He is older, but necessary for their season. Their defense is still pretty good, but not that elite status it once was. Hopefully they don't break Ryan's leg, they have a tendency to do that to us in preseason.

Either way, it should be interesting. I'm sure we won't have any problem stopping Flacco's pass attack.

Do you guys think that Ray Lewis and the #1 Defense plays a quarter? I think it will be good for Ryan to go against The Ravens #1 Defense for the 1st half if he plays that long. I hope that Harrington and Shockley get to play against Ray Lewis and #1def of the ravens. Thursday night.

If Ryan plays good against them then I as a Falcon Fan will be pumped for the Season to start! If he struggles then I guess we can say its only Preseason!

If Harrington and Shockley get to play against the 1st String Def and they both struggle "Who makes the team"?

If Harrington plays and throws 1 Int, gets sacked 2 times but leads the team down the field -- do we keep him for 3rd string?

If Shockley plays and Throws 1 Int, Dosent get sacked but rushes for 50+yrds and leads team down field-- do we keep him for 3rd string?

What do you guys think?

Fromw I what understand the coach saying is Ryan will play one series. Just want to give him a taste of the ravens def but not risk anything against that def. Shock gets an extensive look in this game which means probabley the whole half (minus the ryan series) and starts the 3rd quarter. He may play the whole third to.

What do you guys think?

I'd be surprised if they play more than a series.

Matt Ryan better hand off three times and get out of the game.

I am looking forward to seeing the O Line stand up against the Vikings D-Line. They got some talent on there D-Line and it will be a good test.

Me, on the other hand, am not looking forward to that. Man, Jared Allen and the Williams, that line is just way too **** stout to be legal.

What do you guys think?

#1 defense? I love how the Ravens still live off reputation of the 2000-2004 years.

#1 defense? I love how the Ravens still live off reputation of the 2000-2004 years.

I think he was talking about the first team defense of the Ravens, not about their relative ranking.

But regardless, I have a hard time seeing any situation where the Ravens would play their first team defense any more than a series or two...