Looking For An Atlanta Falcons Examiner

SteveHarbula

My name is Steve Harbula and I oversee sports content for Examiner.com. We're currently looking for an Atlanta Falcons Examiner to join our team, and J. Mike said it would be all right to see if anyone in this community would be interested in the role.

Our vision is to change the way people look for news and information online by providing a space for everyone from traditional journalists to everyday citizens to join together to form the world’s largest community of experts. Even though the business just launched in April and has had no media promotion, we already have more than 300 Examiners and were up to 2.2 million unique visitors and about 7 million page views in July. So things are off to a solid start.

We look for people with a combination of passion and expertise on a particular topic and a desire to share their insights with others. In return, we provide the platform, the promotion, any necessary training and financial compensation. We've got quite a mix in the Sports Channel already -- former newspaper writers, sports talk radio hosts, TV sideline reporters, bloggers, etc.

The money is based on traffic, and frankly won’t be significant to start. But one of our Examiners has already gotten a monthly check of more than $1,000, again in the absence of any national promotion for the site. We expect that to only go up going forward; but of all the reasons to be an Examiner the financial incentive is probably still last on the list today.

You can find more details on being an Examiner at http://www.examiner.com/about_examiner/. If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, please fill out the online form or feel free to contact me directly.

Thanks for your time, and good luck to the Falcons this season!

Steve Harbula | Sports Channel Manager | Examiner.com

555 17th Street, Suite 700 | Denver, CO 80202

303-299-1467 | sharbula@examiner.com

My name is Steve Harbula and I oversee sports content for Examiner.com. We're currently looking for an Atlanta Falcons Examiner to join our team, and J. Mike said it would be all right to see if anyone in this community would be interested in the role.

Our vision is to change the way people look for news and information online by providing a space for everyone from traditional journalists to everyday citizens to join together to form the world’s largest community of experts. Even though the business just launched in April and has had no media promotion, we already have more than 300 Examiners and were up to 2.2 million unique visitors and about 7 million page views in July. So things are off to a solid start.

We look for people with a combination of passion and expertise on a particular topic and a desire to share their insights with others. In return, we provide the platform, the promotion, any necessary training and financial compensation. We've got quite a mix in the Sports Channel already -- former newspaper writers, sports talk radio hosts, TV sideline reporters, bloggers, etc.

The money is based on traffic, and frankly won’t be significant to start. But one of our Examiners has already gotten a monthly check of more than $1,000, again in the absence of any national promotion for the site. We expect that to only go up going forward; but of all the reasons to be an Examiner the financial incentive is probably still last on the list today.

You can find more details on being an Examiner at http://www.examiner.com/about_examiner/. If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, please fill out the online form or feel free to contact me directly.

"We look for people with a combination of passion and expertise on a particular topic".

Well that leave out about 95% of the people posting here. :lol::lol: and before I get flamed myself included.

"We look for people with a combination of passion and expertise on a particular topic".

Well that leave out about 95% of the people posting here. :lol::lol: and before I get flamed myself included.

Heh ! well as they say, one out of two ain't bad :D I think I'll look into this altho I am much more into photography than writing

Not to rude but your website apparently has no Sports information.

I hope you get lots of hits after the shameless plug you spammed us with.

Even disguised as something else.

Yeah, I've seen this on here before and think they were told to take it somewhere else. Like off our site.

Shameless, indeed.

Not to rude but your website apparently has no Sports information.

I hope you get lots of hits after the shameless plug you spammed us with.

Even disguised as something else.

HUH? there is plenty of sports info on that site, in the Examiner Categories lower right, sports is forth from the bottom

HUH? there is plenty of sports info on that site, in the Examiner Categories lower right, sports is forth from the bottom

I'm confused, too. Our main national sports page can be seen at http://www.examiner.com/National-Sports.html. And I don't think anyone from our organization has posted here before. I purposely went through J. Mike to make sure it was all right and wouldn't be viewed as "spam."

Still, we've already gotten some solid interest from members of this community. So thanks to all of you who've responded. :)

• 2 weeks later...

First, congrats on the big win on Sunday. I know how good it feels to watch a game like that as a fan, especially when you don't necesarily expect it. :)

Second, I wanted to let everyone know that we've selected our Atlanta Falcons Examiner. His name is Richard Palmer, and his page is at http://www.examiner.com/x-844-Atlanta-Falcons-Examiner.

Thanks to everyone who expressed interest in filling the role. We hope Richard does a great job providing quality Falcons information and analysis, and hope the members of this community will let him know whether he is or not.

Good luck to the Falcons the rest of the season, and thanks again!

Our vision is to change the way people look for news and information online by providing a space for everyone from traditional journalists to everyday citizens to join together to form the world's largest community of experts. Even though the business just launched in April and has had no media promotion, we already have more than 300 Examiners and were up to 2.2 million unique visitors and about 7 million page views in July. So things are off to a solid start.

The money is based on traffic, and frankly won't be significant to start. But one of our Examiners has already gotten a monthly check of more than $1,000, again in the absence of any national promotion for the site. We expect that to only go up going forward; but of all the reasons to be an Examiner the financial incentive is probably still last on the list today.

Good Luck finding one

First, congrats on the big win on Sunday. I know how good it feels to watch a game like that as a fan, especially when you don't necesarily expect it. :)

Second, I wanted to let everyone know that we've selected our Atlanta Falcons Examiner. His name is Richard Palmer, and his page is at http://www.examiner.com/x-844-Atlanta-Falcons-Examiner.

Thanks to everyone who expressed interest in filling the role. We hope Richard does a great job providing quality Falcons information and analysis, and hope the members of this community will let him know whether he is or not.

Good luck to the Falcons the rest of the season, and thanks again!

Black Background with black text. Hmmmm......1+1=4?