DJ Hall Cut by NY Yesterday...

sporkdevil

I'm sure everyone saw him play some games last year for Bama, and I know early reports about DJ was good out of NY. I know we have plenty of WR's, but he has to be better than Jennings. I'd think he will get picked up pretty soon. And I don't make a thread about us needing to pick up everyone who is cut, I was just always impressed by this guy.

That's right, I do respond to my own posts.

Here's an article I read a few months ago, and on second glance I responded to it (Yes, I'm a total looser, grasping at reasons to live).

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/05/10/mario-w...rst-day-impact/

I haven't heard anything about him since, because I don't care that much about players on other teams once we don't have a chance at them, but this was a nice endorsement. I checked the Giants forum (there's nothing much on TV) and reviews were mixed, but it looks like they have way too many WR's on the team. I think when he was signed there were a total of 9 WR's, and with Manningham as the new 2nd rounder, Plax, Toomer, and Hixon, there looks like little room. Maybe he fell off after that practice (or at least I would imagine), but he could be a great pickup.

Giants are Deeeep at WR, so I'm sure that was the real factor in his release, does he return kicks? If so, I'd be down to let Jennings go for him. ...but not if it costs us Finneran. Which it would unless we keep 6 WR.

Well he's not really great at taking hits so I'd probably say kickoffs aren't in his future