Available players of potential interest after cuts

rugger8

I'm not saying we ought to pick these guys up necessarily, but I won't be surprised if we bring in more TEs or DL to look at if there's anyone with promise that is cut. These are our most shallow positions and there has been speculation made about bringing in guys as cuts make them available.

I haven't seen any DL so far on NFL.com.

Here are the TE's I've seen on the transaction page.

Aaron Walker, cut from Baltimore.

Height: 6-6 Weight: 270 Age: 28

Born: 3/14/1980 Titusville , FL

College: Florida

Experience: 5th season

High School: Astronaut HS [Titusville, FL]

Cody Boyd, cut from Pittsburgh

Height: 6-8 Weight: 264 Age: 24

Born: 10/22/1983

College: Washington State

Experience: 2nd season

I don't know the first thing about either of these guys, but those of you who do- discuss. Also add others as they become available.

I'm not saying we ought to pick these guys up necessarily, but I won't be surprised if we bring in more TEs or DL to look at if there's anyone with promise that is cut. These are our most shallow positions and there has been speculation made about bringing in guys as cuts make them available.

I haven't seen any DL so far on NFL.com.

Here are the TE's I've seen on the transaction page.

Aaron Walker, cut from Baltimore.

Height: 6-6 Weight: 270 Age: 28

Born: 3/14/1980 Titusville , FL

College: Florida

Experience: 5th season

High School: Astronaut HS [Titusville, FL]

Cody Boyd, cut from Pittsburgh

Height: 6-8 Weight: 264 Age: 24

Born: 10/22/1983

College: Washington State

Experience: 2nd season

I don't know the first thing about either of these guys, but those of you who do- discuss. Also add others as they become available.

I really like Cody Boyd..... I think we are done with the TE thing after signing Pillard but i would love it if we signed Boyd to our practice squad

We actually have too many TEs right now, so that's not a spot we'll be upgrading after Pollard's acquisition. At this point, the question is whether we give up a WR slot in order to keep an additional TE or not.

I can see us keeping only 5 WRs to keep 4 TEs. The team really likes Rader, and Milner likely wont make it to PS. I dont think we needed Pollard really. oh well.

We actually have too many TEs right now, so that's not a spot we'll be upgrading after Pollard's acquisition. At this point, the question is whether we give up a WR slot in order to keep an additional TE or not.
I can see us keeping only 5 WRs to keep 4 TEs. The team really likes Rader, and Milner likely wont make it to PS. I dont think we needed Pollard really. oh well.

It's not sure fire that Pollard will even stick. I think the only TE's that are locks to stay on the 53 man roster are Hartsock and Rader.

Milner could be cut because he can't stay on the field. Zinger is PS eligible, and isn't likely to be picked up by another team.

If we find someone in cuts, I don't think it's at all unreasonable that we'd pick them up to upgrade the unit.

I'm fully expecting only 5 WRs, except that it's one of our strongest units, so it could make sense to keep an extra and have 3 TE's. I've seen articles that suggest that we might do the opposite, and keep 4 TE's, but considering that TE is a very weak unit for us, and it's a position that is not very important for our schemes, I find that unlikely.

greg spires and grant irons were cut by oakland, sounds good to me, but i dont know how healthy they are.

Based on games played, it looks to me like Spires career may be close to over, but that's mere conjecture. I don't expect to pick up any more LB's considering our depth a the position, plus Irons only played 2 games last year... anyone know what that's about?

It's not sure fire that Pollard will even stick. I think the only TE's that are locks to stay on the 53 man roster are Hartsock and Rader.

Milner could be cut because he can't stay on the field. Zinger is PS eligible, and isn't likely to be picked up by another team.

If we find someone in cuts, I don't think it's at all unreasonable that we'd pick them up to upgrade the unit.

I'm fully expecting only 5 WRs, except that it's one of our strongest units, so it could make sense to keep an extra and have 3 TE's. I've seen articles that suggest that we might do the opposite, and keep 4 TE's, but considering that TE is a very weak unit for us, and it's a position that is not very important for our schemes, I find that unlikely.

I have to think with the urgency to bring Pollard in this late, he is here to stay. I feel he and Hartsock are the only locks. Rader is no longer PS eligible, so he is either here or gone. Milner IS PS eligible i THINK, but I doubt he would stay there long. If the team really likes Rader we could keep 4 with the idea of Pollard only being a stop-gap until Milner is ready.