G-Dawg's projection on Falcons Final 53 man roster...

g-dawg

Long Snapper (1)

Mike Schneck

PK (1)

Jason Elam

P (1)

Michael Koenen

QB (3)

Matt Ryan

Chris Redman

Joey Harrington

FB (2)

Ovie Mughelli

Corey McIntyre (special teams ace)

RB (4)

Michael Turner

Jerious Norwood

Jason Snelling

Thomas Brown

WR (5)

Roddy White

Michael Jenkins

Harry Douglas

Laurent Robinson

Brian Finneran

OL (8)

Sam Baker

Justin Blalock

Todd McClure

Harvey Dahl

Todd Weiner

Tyson Clabo

Quinn Ojinnaka

Alex Stepanovich

TE (3)

Ben Hartsock

Marcus Pollard

Martrez Millner

DE (4)

John Abraham

Jamaal Anderson

Kroy Bierman

Chauncey Davis

DT (5)

Grady Jackson

Jonathan Babineaux

Kindal Moorehead

Rashard Moore

Monavious Stanley

LB (6)

Michael Boley

Keith Brooking

Curtis Lofton

Stephen Nicholas

Tony Taylor

Coy Wire

CB (5)

Brent Grimes

Chris Houston

Chevis Jackson

Blue Adams

David Irons

S (5)

Lawyer Milloy

Erik Coleman

Thomas DeCoud

Darren Stone

Deke Cooper

Injured Reserve (1) - does not count against the roster

Trey Lewis

That is a total of 53 players making the team. The only guys above that I think you could argue that either should not or won't make it are: Montavious Stanley(DT), Coy Wire(LB) and Deke Cooper(S). I have no reason other than a "feeling" why Stanley makes it. Coy Wire is supposed to be a special teams ace so he will make it and I think Cooper is a "teacher's pet" and special teamer for Mike Smith.

Falcons keep five wideouts and keep Finneran and cut Adam Jennings who has had one good return game-preseason last week out of one full year and 3 games of a pre-season - he sux and he's gone! We will keep four runningbacks to accomodate both Thomas Brown and Jason Snelling - between those two and Harry Douglas and Jerious Nortwood we ought to be able to find a punt returner.

Notable Cuts:

DJ Shockley (QB) - Falcons will be successful in getting him on practice squad for one last year

Adam Jennings (WR/PR) - at end of the day, one good game does not make up for 1+ year of putridness

Ben Wilkerson (OG/C) - Hopefully Falcons can stash him on practice squad

Simon Fraser(DE) - versatile but not athletic enough

Wilrey Fontenot (CB) - 7th round pick - just too many good corners for him to make our squad - should make practice squad

Arlen Harris(S) - he will catch on somewhere - good football player

Danny Batiste (OT) - he's just not good enough

Keith Zinger (TE) - Falcons will try and "stash" him on practice squad - should be easy to do

Go ahead - flame away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's the long-snapper? Who do you cut to fit him in? Nice work, don't agree with all of it, but agree with a lot of it. Will take more time to review and post differences. Just wanted to get LS added to see who you remove from your list.

Just put the long snapper in there and "cut" Ben Wilkerson......Mike Schneck is his name and obviously he will make the team. Hopefully Falcons can stash Wilkerson on the practice squad.

Who's the long-snapper? Who do you cut to fit him in? Nice work, don't agree with all of it, but agree with a lot of it. Will take more time to review and post differences. Just wanted to get LS added to see who you remove from your list.

McClure or one of the other guys can be the LS, it does not have to be a designated position.

thats pretty good, but i think we will keep 4 tes to help the o-line with blocking, so im thinking quinn goes to ps & maybe cut weiner & irons/deke.....jmo & whatever we do is ok with me

good point about the tight end but I don't think Ojinnaka or Weiner neither of those guys will get cut for sure! Maybe a safety like Deke Cooper would get cut before those guys - and Ojinnaka is the only guy on the roster that can play every position on the offensive line - very valuable!!!

If we carry three tight ends - then I am probably cutting a safety - would still have four which is plenty.... Zinger in, Cooper out in that case.

where is the lighter we need to flame this dude, but other than Shock beinc on PS i agree. Id have Shock as 3rd qb, since we already have backup in redman, and he is good enough.

O yea and where is MILNER?

just put Milner on the "cut but practice squad" - Mike Smith and company are not big on constantly perpetually injured players like Milner and Laurent Robinson. Robinson is too good to cut but he is gonna have to stay healthy to have a shot at starting. Milner has done NOTHING in NFL to date except get injured - I think Falcons will give him one more year on practice squad to fulfill his potential - if he does not or gets hurt (AGAIN!) then Milner will be gone next year!

wilrey will not be cut. blue adams will be cut. deke cooper will be cut. harris won't be cut. coy wire will be cut. fraser won't be cut. ben wilkerson will be cut. thomas brown will be cut. milner stays.

Your cheese has slid off your cracker if you think Wire gets cut. And Blue Adams has made plays in the preseason, Wilrey has not.

Your cheese has slid off your cracker if you think Wire gets cut. And Blue Adams has made plays in the preseason, Wilrey has not.

wire did make some good plays, but i don't think they NEED more linebackers with the talent that they have on board. he's gonna be the odd man out. blue adams is OVERRATED. i've seen him running with the wr's but the ball is gonna hit him right in the helmet. i guess you would call that LUCK! :lol:

wilrey will not be cut. blue adams will be cut. deke cooper will be cut. harris won't be cut. coy wire will be cut. fraser won't be cut. ben wilkerson will be cut. thomas brown will be cut. milner stays.

blue adams has made plays in pre-season - not aware of any wilrey has made - you could be right if there is a "bias" towards players Dimitroff drafted or if Wilrey has looked better than Blue Adams in practice but I do not think this is the case - think you are wrong there.

yes, deke cooper certainly could be cut and maybe harris won't be - that is very, very close - I could easily be persuaded to agree with you there.

Coy Wire was the "darling" of Falcons pre-season practices but have not heard his name much lately - he is super scrappy player though - think you are wrong and Coy makes it.

Could Fraser make it? yes, absolutely......he could - maybe he stays in place of one of the Dtackles - especially if Fraser can play defensive tackle as well - I think he can - he played D-End in the Browns' 3-4 defense which is a 'quasi-D-tackle" position.

I cut Ben Wilkerson when I inserted the long snapper(Schneck) on the 53 man roster. Thomas Brown will not be cut.

Milner will be cut and on practice squad - the signing of Marcus Pollard sealed Milner's fate - that and his perpetual injuries.

I think a surprise cut may be Weiner. I think Clabo is better suited to play RT(i.e. bigger). Just a hunch. Also, I have to believe with a power running game and lots of 2 TE sets, they will need a minumum of 3 TE's on the roster.

Ben Wilkerson will be the only offensive lineman cut i think. Weiner has way too much experience and success to be cut this season. however i do agree with having three te's. milner, hartsock, and pollard should do the trick. ;)

Oh yah, just because the AJC article quoted Coach Smith saying Jennings has the "edge" as the punt returner.......that don't mean he has the job just yet.

finneran has more value than jennings. finneran can play special teams and make the big play as wr. jennings has done nothing in two years except make a good preseason run.

I think we'll see at least three tight ends at expense of one of the wide receivers or running backs.

maybe P-Dub but keep in mind this is a "Mularkey Offense" not a "Dan Reeves Offense". Although Mularkey is a "power running offense" they do not employ a lot of two tight end sets. More "bunch formation" with multiple receivers and lots of gadget plays. I think they will stash a 3rd TE on practice squad - probably Zinger.

But I would not argue to the point - very probably that they could have three Tight Ends on the team.

Figures - first complaint was shockley...

I think overall that list looks good.

I do however think that we keep 3 tes also. probably keeping milner - even if he is injury prone - he will be 3rd string so it's not a big deal - he would get very little playing time.

I think somehow they try to squeeze harris on the roster too. He is a good player - and would probably be the 2nd string NB.

I hate to say it because I know I'll catch **** - but Cooper will probably make the roster over Stone.

Which 2 do you cut to make these fits... 1. Jennings 2. Stepanovich or Snelling/Brown. Very tough choice

just put Milner on the "cut but practice squad" - Mike Smith and company are not big on constantly perpetually injured players like Milner and Laurent Robinson. Robinson is too good to cut but he is gonna have to stay healthy to have a shot at starting. Milner has done NOTHING in NFL to date except get injured - I think Falcons will give him one more year on practice squad to fulfill his potential - if he does not or gets hurt (AGAIN!) then Milner will be gone next year!

he is probably the best combo reciever we have, since BH is mostly a blocking rec, and last year i dont think he dropped 1 catch, but he got killed by harrington leaving him hanging on that one play, which got him hurt last year, plus he will be back by the end of preseason.