Some think the Falcons are desperate

Bring It

Atlanta's desperate ??

You want to see desperate ??

How about.................

The almighty Jets, looking to a 39 yr. old QB for salvation.

The super bowl champs Giants, now 5 starters out injured, may end up going to Canada for help.

Miami............Chad Pennington, starting QB after 5 days on the roster !!!

Tampa Bay...............enough QB's on the roster to start their own league !!!

Chicago.............their QB's couldn't start for the Citadel !!!

Bengals................not enough time here to describe that train wreck !!!

The Rams..................a TOTAL mess.

Cardinals...............no idea what to do for a QB.

Oakland..............Davis spends millions upon millions...............for what ??? A bunch of misfits producing ZERO team chemistry.

So............you think Atlanta has problems ??? Open your eyes and look around the league, then thank God for Thomas Dimitroff, Mike Smith, and yes..................young Matt Ryan.

Then get ready to shock the football world !!!!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good points.

The two big things ATL has going for it are team chemistry and a very good running game. I'm still amazed that the "experts" are picking the Falcons as last in the NFL. I know pre-season dosent mean much, but you would have to be blind not to see the Falcons have improved greatly from last year and I will go as far to say I think they are a better team than what we had two years ago. From top to bottom a better team. Can anyone argue against that?

Don't sell this team short. Anything less than 6 wins is a bad season and I don't think Smith will let that happen.

They act like there's this huge pressure to win immediately in Atlanta. After the past two years, expectations are low here. This year's purpose will be to set the foundation for a consistent team.

Starting Ryan isn't desperation. We're just getting on with the future of the team.

Atlanta's desperate ??

The super bowl champs Giants, now 5 starters out injured, may end up going to Canada for help.

Oakland..............Davis spends millions upon millions...............for what ??? A bunch of misfits producing ZERO team chemistry.

So............you think Atlanta has problems ??? Open your eyes and look around the league, then thank God for Thomas Dimitroff, Mike Smith, and yes..................young Matt Ryan.

One of the better topics of the week. Well said!

I don't pay much attention to the "experts" but I thought it was interesting when I read an article the other day that described Chad Henne as clearly the best QB to come out of this year's draft so far. I read a lot of Dolphins news and Henne isn't close to being ready to start down there. Pennington was an absolute life saver for them because they had zero options for success behind center without him.

They act like there's this huge pressure to win immediately in Atlanta. After the past two years, expectations are low here. This year's purpose will be to set the foundation for a consistent team.

Starting Ryan isn't desperation. We're just getting on with the future of the team.

Not so fast. Actually there is a lot of pressure and there are very high expectations from fans on this MB from Matt Ryan. Let's go back some months, the immediate pressure started with the $72M contract. Although this MB represents a very small percentage of the base, it's interesting as I read the comments on here about the stellar expectations, etc. Refer back to the little poll thread about the number of wins expected. I saw some very high win numbers like 14-2? Or no, maybe people were joking. I hope that the Falcons do very well, but let's be realistic. I strongly disagree with you, the heat is on right now. Don't think for a minute that other Defenses haven't picked up on all of this. And this climate is much of the reason for the fractured fanbase that's in Atlanta.

Good points.

The two big things ATL has going for it are team chemistry and a very good running game. I'm still amazed that the "experts" are picking the Falcons as last in the NFL. I know pre-season dosent mean much, but you would have to be blind not to see the Falcons have improved greatly from last year and I will go as far to say I think they are a better team than what we had two years ago. From top to bottom a better team. Can anyone argue against that?

Don't sell this team short. Anything less than 6 wins is a bad season and I don't think Smith will let that happen.

I agree.

And, I don't buy that "It's only preseason" crap.

EVERYBODY IN THIS LEAGUE WANTS TO WIN......................EVERY GAME...............EVERY TIME THEY STEP ON THE FIELD.

Amen.

Well said.

lets face it....no matter what happens(if its bad)we get a pass this year from the media & experts, but if we can win 6 or more then they will all be talking about what a great job everyone did, and the speculation for next year will be through the roof & we can finally get some respect

Atlanta's desperate ??

Nice post.

As it relates to the Falcons, and their fans, I think desperation is a mindset. If you think you're in a desperate situation then, to you, that's reality.

However, a lot of what goes into fighting off such an image is how you carry yourself. Even if you are desperate, that doesn't mean you have to display it to everyone else. This will especially apply to us fans during the upcoming season. It's not that we don't recognize the reality of the situation but, on the same token, there's no sense in wallowing in our misery and misfortune, because other teams have been in this same situation before us and I doubt very seriously that we showed them any great deal of sympathy or compassion.

The season still has to be played, so we might as well man-up and deal with it. Desperate or not.

As it relates to the Falcons, and their fans, I think desperation is a mindset. If you think you're in a desperate situation then, to you, that's reality.

However, a lot of what goes into fighting off such an image is how you carry yourself. Even if you are desperate, that doesn't mean you have to display it to everyone else. This will especially apply to us fans during the upcoming season. It's not that we don't recognize the reality of the situation but, on the same token, there's no sense in wallowing in our misery and misfortune, because other teams have been in this same situation before us and I doubt very seriously that we showed them any great deal of sympathy or compassion.

The season still has to be played, so we might as well man-up and deal with it. Desperate or not.

BINGO