5th, 15th, 25th, and 35th pick

VTCrunkler

I dont understand the man love for Taylor Mays at this point in time...

William Moore was a FAR BETTER safety last year, and has almost the same 40 time and weight... Of course, Moore only had 115 tackles and 8 interceptions last year, compared to Mays 65 tackles and 1 INT.

imo Willy Mo will be the first safety off the board, providing he stays healthy. He has the playmaking abilities of an Ed Reed and delivers good hits...

Mays is a great athlete, but he really hasnt shown he is worth a top 15 pick as of yet...

JMO

I dont understand the man love for Taylor Mays at this point in time...

William Moore was a FAR BETTER safety last year, and has almost the same 40 time and weight... Of course, Moore only had 115 tackles and 8 interceptions last year, compared to Mays 65 tackles and 1 INT.

imo Willy Mo will be the first safety off the board, providing he stays healthy. He has the playmaking abilities of an Ed Reed and delivers good hits...

Mays is a great athlete, but he really hasnt shown he is worth a top 15 pick as of yet...

JMO

IMO you really can't compare the two off of stats right now. Now, I'm not sure how Moore was used but Taylor Mays was usually the deepest man in coverage, and USC played a pretty conservative bend but don't break defense. One of the few times I remember a team throwing deep, Mays was there to pick it off, another time Mays put a lick on the guy. There were times during Mays fresman year that I saw signs of brilliance. There's no denying that Moore had a great year and is one of the top safties coming out next year, but I expect a huge year from Mays this season. I've read that Pete Carroll is going to set Mays free this year in an attempt to create more turnovers. From the practices and the scrimmage I went to, I saw Mays close to the LOS pretty often. I think they'll end up using him like Troy Polamalu. Now, I'm not sure he'll put up the numbers Moore did last year, but it would be difficult to do so on a defense as stacked as USC's is. Just my two cents.....

IMO you really can't compare the two off of stats right now. Now, I'm not sure how Moore was used but Taylor Mays was usually the deepest man in coverage, and USC played a pretty conservative bend but don't break defense. One of the few times I remember a team throwing deep, Mays was there to pick it off, another time Mays put a lick on the guy. There were times during Mays fresman year that I saw signs of brilliance. There's no denying that Moore had a great year and is one of the top safties coming out next year, but I expect a huge year from Mays this season. I've read that Pete Carroll is going to set Mays free this year in an attempt to create more turnovers. From the practices and the scrimmage I went to, I saw Mays close to the LOS pretty often. I think they'll end up using him like Troy Polamalu. Now, I'm not sure he'll put up the numbers Moore did last year, but it would be difficult to do so on a defense as stacked as USC's is. Just my two cents.....

Well, atleast you have an educated opinion... Im thinking a LOT of posters have seen Mays run a 4.28 40 on the internet somewhere and have decided he is the #1 S from that <_<

I will be watching Mays pretty closely this season, as i think he has great potential, but he really needs to put it all together to be rated anywhere near top 15 status. Im a production over potential guy, so he has some impressing to do to jump Moore on my draft board. By impressing, i mean a **** of a year...

Well, atleast you have an educated opinion... Im thinking a LOT of posters have seen Mays run a 4.28 40 on the internet somewhere and have decided he is the #1 S from that <_<

I will be watching Mays pretty closely this season, as i think he has great potential, but he really needs to put it all together to be rated anywhere near top 15 status. Im a production over potential guy, so he has some impressing to do to jump Moore on my draft board. By impressing, i mean a **** of a year...

I get where you're coming from, and I'm the same way. I might be a little biased being a USC fan but I'm not one to give props and praise where it doesn't belong. While he may not have the great stats, something tells me that the Mays potential is off the charts. I'm not drooling over his 40 time or size but because I really believe that the guy is going to be a GREAT one. I could be wrong because there's always the "can't miss prospects" who don't pan out. And yes, I think there are a lot of people who are in love with his numbers.

i think you are on to something. i wont get to watch much of mays this year, but im going to be keeping close tabs on how he does from billy and other usc fans here (couple friends going there this year actually) and im definately going to be reading up on him. we will see if he can put everything together this year.