Would TD

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

probably, since MV isn't gangster at all.

I never thought he was a thug either, I didn't know him on a day to day basis, BUT i met him and talked with him @ quite a few falcons functions and he was always pretty soft spoken, as I recall we talked fishing a number of times, I had been trout fishing quite a lot, and he had fished mainly in lakes and was curious about fishing in small streams.

Good lord man I'm just wondering if you think TD would draft MV. I don't think he fits the profile. PLEASE drop the race thing.

i answered that, and said he wasnt a gangsta, and you said really, like you thought he was, so i wanted to know why you think he is a gangsta. i was stating a fact, and it has nothing to do with race, since white people speak ebonics.

I never thought he was a thug either, I didn't know him on a day to day basis, BUT i met him and talked with him @ quite a few falcons functions and he was always pretty soft spoken, as I recall we talked fishing a number of times, I had been trout fishing quite a lot, and he had fished mainly in lakes and was curious about fishing in small streams.

he isnt. he just has dumb friends who have nothing to lose, but he has everything to lose, and they put that on the line, and he lost it.

i answered that, and said he wasnt a gangsta, and you said really, like you thought he was, so i wanted to know why you think he is a gangsta. i was stating a fact, and it has nothing to do with race, since white people speak ebonics.

Black white, yellow or green. We all have our ebonics. I love everyone ............regardless............period.

No.

And not for the reason that you might think.

#7 could only make reads on half the field when he came into the pros and was never taught to use anything other than his legs to get out of trouble. That wasn't his fault entirely since he came from a program the never expected anymore from him.

Why do you think San Diego gave the pick up? They felt he wasn't ready and didn't mind sheering the Falcons for the privilage of finding it out for themselves.

Football men make good football decisions. I know this is a new concept for many Falcon fans but it really does work.

I have long felt that #7 was the Smith familys last "gotchya" to Atlanta and the fans. Drafting #7 was a flashy PR move to excite interest in the team and get attendence up. I feel in my heart that they were already planning to sell the team and needed something to attract interest

from people with $. It would be like you or me putting a fresh coat of pant on the 300K mile clunker we drove through college and trying to pass it off as a one owner.

I actually think this is a good question and i'm going to actually answer it unlike these other members.

If everything was exactly the same except MV was entering the NFL in this draft, then im going to have to go with a yes. Our francise is in the need of a new QB, a new face, and some excitement on our team. MV provided all of that and is simply the best pick at No.3 (over Ryan)

He has no real criminal record and it would be near impossible to know about his Dog fighing. MV simply had too much talent and potential to pass up, and TD would have drafted him.

No.

#7 could only make reads on half the field when he came into the pros and was never taught to use anything other than his legs to get out of trouble. That wasn't his fault entirely since he came from a program the never expected anymore from him.

Why do you think San Diego gave the pick up? They felt he wasn't ready and didn't mind sheering the Falcons for the privilege of finding it out for themselves.

Football men make good football decisions. I know this is a new concept for many Falcon fans but it really does work.

I have long felt that #7 was the Smith family's last "gotcha" to Atlanta and the fans. Drafting #7 was a flashy PR move to excite interest in the team and get attendance up. I feel in my heart that they were already planning to sell the team and needed something to attract interest

from people with $. It would be like you or me putting a fresh coat of pant on the 300K mile clunker we drove through college and trying to pass it off as a one owner.

Agreed 100% except for the no, Like I said above I think it would depend on the picks around Vick, and team needs, Reeves knew what to do with what he was given, that man is a football coach. I mean i know this isn't about Dan Reeves I just kinda miss him

lol at vick being a gangsta.

people are misinformed.

being black with braids and listening to hiphop or speaking a certain way doesnt make you a gangsta. idiots.

You're right, he isn't gangsta, he's just a selfish idiot that didn't give a damned about his team, did illicit drugs, participated in the deplorable behavior of fighting dogs, and was just a genuine ******. His concept of an offense was look here, if I can't throw it there I run like a madman and hope to gain yards or someone else catches on and runs with me so I can dump it off to them. He was all flash and no substance. I don't think TD would have drafted him at all. He likes people that understand the game.

Agreed 100% except for the no, Like I said above I think it would depend on the picks around Vick, and team needs, Reeves knew what to do with what he was given, that man is a football coach

Well if you use that logic, if I were TD I would have stayed at #5 and would have forced SD to either trade for another pick or taken a player themselves. In any case LaDainianTomlinson or Richard Seymour or even Drew Breese would have been there when we made a choice. and I just think Dimitroff would have taken the longer view. #7 was the only QB drafted in round 1, why? He wasn't a frachise QB.

Well if you use that logic, if I were TD I would have stayed at #5 and would have forced SD to either trade for another pick or taken a player themselves. In any case LaDainianTomlinson or Richard Seymour or even Drew Breese would have been there when we made a choice. and I just think Dimitroff would have taken the longer view. #7 was the only QB drafted in round 1, why? He wasn't a franchise QB.

Maybe he would have "shrugs" I think Wayx's post was pretty accurate, @ the time the Falcons were pretty eager for some fresh "marque" talent, somebody that would put some flash into the team and some butts in the seats, Someone they hoped would be a superstar. who knew ?

No.

Why do you think San Diego gave the pick up? They felt he wasn't ready and didn't mind sheering the Falcons for the privilage of finding it out for themselves.

I have long felt that #7 was the Smith familys last "gotchya" to Atlanta and the fans. Drafting #7 was a flashy PR move to excite interest in the team and get attendence up. I feel in my heart that they were already planning to sell the team and needed something to attract interest

San Diego would probably have a ring if they had of drafted MV... They had an offensive line over there...

he isnt. he just has dumb friends who have nothing to lose, but he has everything to lose, and they put that on the line, and he lost it.

To me Mike Vick seems pretty dumb as well. HE put everything on the line, HE lost everything. Can't blame anyone else for that.