Where's Keith Brooking?

J Who?

Alright, let me start by saying I appreciate Keith Brooking and the way he goes about his business. That said, I sincerely only remember 1 tackle he had the whole preseason. I know he moved back to the Will backer and he drops in coverage quite often but it seems like he was the least active of all the LB's in preseason. It could be I was just more focused on the Rook's but I don't think so. If I'm wrong let me know but Keith moving back to his more "natural" position was suppose to be a good thing and I'm seeing him a lot less. Oh, and I know it's "preseason", I'm just sayin'. :mellow:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Wyche said Brooking was playing like a "mad man" in his first game back at WLB. I kid you not. I do believe Arthur Blank is paying Steve Wyche's kids college tuition or something.

He looked to have a pretty good game his first pre season. I remember him hitting a TE i think it was the second the ball got there. I havn't really watched Brooking since.

I never saw him at MLB unless he was getting pushed around missing a tackle or falling on somebody already going down. It's just good not to have him in the middle of the defense sucking it up anymore

You must really have something personal against the Captain of The Defense.

Alright, let me start by saying I appreciate Keith Brooking and the way he goes about his business. That said, I sincerely only remember 1 tackle he had the whole preseason. I know he moved back to the Will backer and he drops in coverage quite often but it seems like he was the least active of all the LB's in preseason. It could be I was just more focused on the Rook's but I don't think so. If I'm wrong let me know but Keith moving back to his more "natural" position was suppose to be a good thing and I'm seeing him a lot less. Oh, and I know it's "preseason", I'm just sayin'. :mellow:

You're wrong.

You must really have something personal against the Captain of The Defense.

I don't know him personally so why would I have something personal against him. I didn't even say anything personal I commented on his play on the football field which is what happens if u watched him every play and not just look at stat sheets. He makes zero big plays. Is never the one to make the big stop. Demo and Boley always beat him to the ball and he would just fall on them.

Seriously, you should watch it again. I saw Boley defend 1 pass all preseason. I know he did a lot more, but I wasn't watching him. I know the difference.

He is constantly in the middle of the play. He just doesn't register on peoples stat sheet. He is for example blitzing and creating an INT or pushing the QB to someone else for the clean up. He is definitely in there. Make a point of watching him in the regular season. This last preseason will be more about the guys on the bubble and the vets not wanting to get injured.

he is invisible because he is not running down the play 10 yards down the field. He can't do anything at the line of scrimmage...he is a chaser not a hitter. The hitters are making all the plays.

Drop this ridiculous argument. People have deconstructed it so many times its ridiculous, yet it keeps popping up like Frankenstein's monster. . .

This will be Brook's last year to prove he's still got it IMO. Stephen Nicholas looks really great in his limited snaps. We have a very capable back up.

what makes you think Brook's doesnt have it. He had over 100 tackles last year..Has averaged over 100 tackles for 7 years. He will have over 100 this year as well. Brook's is just fine and back to his favorite spot on the field..