Adam Jennings to make squad

Adam Jennings has taken over as the Falcons' starting punt returner.

He edged out rookie Harry Douglas. It appears Atlanta may carry six receivers this season; White, Douglas, Michael Jenkins, Laurent Robinson, and perhaps Brian Finneran. Jennings will not be a contributor on offense.

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Related: Harry Douglas

www.rotoworld.com

Wow i don't want him on this team. All the huggers are like "but but didn't you see his PRE-SEASON game where he had those 2 good returns, he deserves it" No he doesn't. He hasn't done sh*t for us in 2 years, except in pre-season.

uh maybe because they finally decided to block for him last game. He had walls to run with. He usually has a wall of DEFENDERS in his face before the ball even starts to decend.

uh maybe because they finally decided to block for him last game. He had walls to run with. He usually has a wall of DEFENDERS in his face before the ball even starts to decend.

How did our ST change from last year? So they have never blocked for him at all, until now?

exactly. i dont see how people think its a coincidence that once we start actually blocking for him and giving him lanes to work with that he starts to actually gain yards. the last 2 years we have had very bad special teams play, and that poor blocking was very well reflected in adam jennings' performance for us. now, he has better support around him and magically he is playing better...

its not exactly rocket science, but thats at least how i see it.

How did our ST change from last year? So they have never blocked for him at all, until now?

they didnt block for him well last year, no. our special teams unit was pretty poorly run last year and you could see it in all of the punt coverages. we had a lot of bad plays last year, both when we were trying a PR and when we were punting. things are much better already this year, at least from what ive been able to see.

they didnt block for him well last year, no. our special teams unit was pretty poorly run last year and you could see it in all of the punt coverages. we had a lot of bad plays last year, both when we were trying a PR and when we were punting. things are much better already this year, at least from what ive been able to see.

I'll take your word for it.

if the line can block we coulda just used douglas. Hes actually a player tht would play WR and KR. douglas isnt a wasted spot like jennings. we dont need to be paying a player to do sumthin tht a bettr player could do.

im not saying that we need to keep jennings, im just trying to shed some light on why we might be keeping him instead of cutting him like so many of you want to do.

if hes playing better than douglas in the return role, why wouldnt we keep him?

and norwood you are more than welcome to form your own opinion, you know your stuff. im just trying to play devils advocate and try and explain why we might have kept him. i happen to think cwell was spot on with this one (we dont always see eye to eye on things, for instance: the great landry vs nelson debate :lol: ) thats all. :)

Well things could change before the season starts. I will say this. I watched him make many nice ko & punt returns at Fresno St, quite a few for TDs. The talent is there so let's give the guy a chance in '08 with a new returns scheme. The same should be true for others who really sucked last year. It's a new season people! I think alot fans are eating crow because they assumed it a foregone conclusion that Jennings was a goner.

Well things could change before the season starts. I will say this. I watched him make many nice ko & punt returns at Fresno St, quite a few for TDs. The talent is there so let's give the guy a chance in '08 with a new returns scheme. The same should be true for others who really sucked last year. It's a new season people! I think alot fans are eating crow because they assumed it a foregone conclusion that Jennings was a goner.

I'm not eating crow just yet, but I haven't seen what you say was his "college" game transfer into his "pro" game with the Falcons. I'm willing to concede that it's a new day all the way around w/these Falcons, but C'MON! Dude catches the ball and runs backwards with it half the time. He's lucky he had some blocking on both those nice returns from the Titans game. And if he's not doing that, he's waving for the fair catch. I just want him to show me something consistently, and maybe this year he will. Otherwise, I see him as a stop-gap until we can find/develop somebody better.

Adam Jennings has taken over as the Falcons' starting punt returner.

He edged out rookie Harry Douglas. It appears Atlanta may carry six receivers this season; White, Douglas, Michael Jenkins, Laurent Robinson, and perhaps Brian Finneran. Jennings will not be a contributor on offense.

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Related: Harry Douglas

www.rotoworld.com

Well that's nothing you can do about it,cuz it the coach decision

no they haven't. They didn't block for Rossum much his last two years here and he developed a fair catching problem. U don't magically go from pro bowl returner to not knowing when to field a punt in one season. Our blocking has sucked for a few years now. This past game he got some room and made some moves and picked up yards. I've NEVER seen that much open space in years on this teams return unit.

yep......having quality depth provides the STs coach with quality STs players.

Jennings made at lest 3 darn good returns last week, he made very good decisions on where to go with the ball and the blocking gave him just enough room to make plays.