Falcons connections...

ki46dinah

This is just an FYI post for fun to break up the anti/pro-Shockley threads and Grimes hugging...

Team Connections:

OHIO STATE

Michael Jenkins

Ben Hartsock

Doug Datish

Alex Stepanovich

Tim Anderson

Simon Frazer

David Patterson

...all of the Ohio State players on our roster all played on the same team in college as well.

The 2003 Buckeye class had Michael Jenkins, Ben Hartsock, Alex Stepanovich, Tim Anderson all drafted in the top 4 rounds.

2004 class saw Simon Frazer enter the NFL via free agency.

2006 class saw Doug Datish drafted by the Falcons, and David Patterson enter the NFL via free agency.

So now we have 4 Ohio State offensive players competing on this team who all played together in college, and 3 defensive linemen who all lined up next to one another back in the day. I thought that was cool.

Louisville

Harry Douglas

Renardo Foster

Kurt Quarterman

Montavious Stanley

Antoine Harris

...thanks to Petrino, we have 4 former Cardinals on our team, with the 5th(Harry Douglas) being drafted by this current regime.

Foster and Quarterman both played on the same line for several years in college protecting Brohm who chunked the rock early and often to Douglas.

Harris and Stanley competed on the same defense for several years.

LSU

Keith Zinger

Todd McClure

Chevis Jackson

Ben Wilkerson

Zinger and Jackson both played on the same national championship team in recent seasons. Wilkerson also played with Zinger and Jackson. McClure played center for the Tigers back in the day.

UGA

Martrez Milner

Tony Taylor

DJ Shockley

Thomas Brown

....the Falcons have kindof been in a UGA mood the last 3 years, picking up several Bulldogs. All 4 players competed on the same team at the same time, with Brown and Milner catching passes/receiving many handoffs from the local hero. Tony Taylor was a defensive captain for the defense at the time of Shockley/Milner(who was the #2 to Pope that year)/Brown(had a lot of injuries that year).

I left off a few players from these groups, but I didn't feel they had a solid chance of making the team, so I did not include them...lo siento.

Man , I had no idea Todd McClure went to LSU.

Dang, Todd sux now!

If Turner is "Da Burner", What is McClure?

35i0fhe.jpg

Todd " the Little Red engine that could" McClure

Todd " Little Red " McClure for short

He would be a lot worse if he went to Tennesse though.

Thats one reason I want Tenn. Moore off the team,

No Tennesse guys and I will be happy.

Tennesse players really Sux

David Patterson, Kurt Quarterman

got the AXE btw

This is just an FYI post for fun to break up the anti/pro-Shockley threads and Grimes hugging...

Team Connections:

OHIO STATE

Michael Jenkins

Ben Hartsock

Doug Datish

Alex Stepanovich

Tim Anderson

Simon Frazer

David Patterson

...all of the Ohio State players on our roster all played on the same team in college as well.

The 2003 Buckeye class had Michael Jenkins, Ben Hartsock, Alex Stepanovich, Tim Anderson all drafted in the top 4 rounds.

2004 class saw Simon Frazer enter the NFL via free agency.

2006 class saw Doug Datish drafted by the Falcons, and David Patterson enter the NFL via free agency.

So now we have 4 Ohio State offensive players competing on this team who all played together in college, and 3 defensive linemen who all lined up next to one another back in the day. I thought that was cool.

Louisville

Harry Douglas

Renardo Foster

Kurt Quarterman

Montavious Stanley

Antoine Harris

...thanks to Petrino, we have 4 former Cardinals on our team, with the 5th(Harry Douglas) being drafted by this current regime.

Foster and Quarterman both played on the same line for several years in college protecting Brohm who chunked the rock early and often to Douglas.

Harris and Stanley competed on the same defense for several years.

LSU

Keith Zinger

Todd McClure

Chevis Jackson

Ben Wilkerson

Zinger and Jackson both played on the same national championship team in recent seasons. Wilkerson also played with Zinger and Jackson. McClure played center for the Tigers back in the day.

UGA

Martrez Milner

Tony Taylor

DJ Shockley

Thomas Brown

....the Falcons have kindof been in a UGA mood the last 3 years, picking up several Bulldogs. All 4 players competed on the same team at the same time, with Brown and Milner catching passes/receiving many handoffs from the local hero. Tony Taylor was a defensive captain for the defense at the time of Shockley/Milner(who was the #2 to Pope that year)/Brown(had a lot of injuries that year).

I left off a few players from these groups, but I didn't feel they had a solid chance of making the team, so I did not include them...lo siento.

Very interesting. I knew we had several players from the teams you mentioned but didn't realize how many of them played together with the exception of Georgia.

Man , I had no idea Todd McClure went to LSU.

Dang, Todd sux now!

If Turner is "Da Burner", What is McClure?

35i0fhe.jpg

He would be worse if he went to Tennesse though.

Todd " the Little Red engine that could" McClure

Todd " Little Red " McClure for short

Todd " technically pure" McClure ?