Impressed by stats?

pzummo

The Atlanta Falcons rank 7th in overall defense 3 games into the Preseason allowing only 268.3 yards of offense!

The Atlanta Falcons rank 4th in scoring defense allowing only 13 points per game!

We rank 12th in total offense with 327 yards per game!

We rank 6th in rushing offense with 142.0 yards per game!

We are tied for first in 40+ yard rushes!

We are 2nd in yards per carry at 5.5!

I know it's preseason, but I still like seeing us up there in these categories. There are others that need improvement, but it's nice to see us up there in these :-)

Take away Ryan's two touchdowns and the offense doesn't look so great.

Also, if you add four touchdowns to Joey Harrington's stats, he would be looking good.

If my aunt had a ... well you get the idea.

I think his point about taking out the pick 6 was well taken. That had nothing to do with our defense.

Great STATs but what part of PRESEASON don't you understand.. We played teams that use a basic offensive scheme and basic defensitive scheme.

Yes we looked good and I hope like all get out the it continues but only time will tell and in the meen time I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Your name is Falcon Faithful, out of anyone I figured you would have enough faith to back them in preseason.

Great STATs but what part of PRESEASON don't you understand.. We played teams that use a basic offensive scheme and basic defensitive scheme.

Yes we looked good and I hope like all get out the it continues but only time will tell and in the meen time I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Question. Right now, the only thing to discuss is the PRESEASON. So if you don't want to discuss the PRESEASON, why are you on a football messageboard discussing things during the PRESEASON?

If we are going to sit here and discuss all of the potential holes of our team during the PRESEASON, what's wrong with looking at some of the positives of this PRESEASON? There are plenty of threads about Jamaal Anderson not looking any better thus far during the PRESEASON. Or DJ Shockley looking terrible during the PRESEASON. Or player XYZ needing to be cut. Why do people think they need to be cut? Because of their performance during the PRESEASON... Do you get the picture yet? If not, I'll fill you in on something...

IT IS THE PRESEASON!!!!! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DISCUSS THE TEAM'S PERFORMANCE DURING THE PRESEASON, YOU SHOULDN'T BE ON A TEAM MESSAGEBOARD DURING THE PRESEASON!!!!!!!

P.S. I agree with your second statement. :D

Yes we looked good and I hope like all get out that itt continues but only time will tell and in the meen time I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Your name is Falcon Faithful, out of anyone I figured you would have enough faith to back them in preseason.

<_<

I added my post to help you. PLEASE show me where I said that I didn't have faith in what they have done this preseason. in fact and I quote "we looked good and I hope like all get out that it continues" My name is Falcon Faithful not FalconFan who is not realistic. I hope as much as anyone that we do really really good this year and I see a great future for the Falcons. I'm faithful in the fact that since 1972 I have been a fan of only one NFL team and that is the Falcons. I'm not a big believer in preason anything stats included. We didn't look bad last preseason and we all know what happen after that. So again I say only time will tell, but we will do better then a lot of people are giveing us credit for. <_<

<_<

I added my post to help you. PLEASE show me where I said that I didn't have faith in what they have done this preseason. in fact and I quote "we looked good and I hope like all get out that it continues" My name is Falcon Faithful not FalconFan who is not realistic. I hope as much as anyone that we do really really good this year and I see a great future for the Falcons. I'm faithful in the fact that since 1972 I have been a fan of only one NFL team and that is the Falcons. I'm not a big believer in preason anything stats included. We didn't look bad last preseason and we all know what happen after that. So again I say only time will tell, but we will do better then a lot of people are giveing us credit for. <_<

Hang on a second here. First off, I was just joking. Second off, not questioning your faith. Third, I read the second line of your post.

To me , the "it's preseason" and "wait and see" stances only give you a chance to be critical of other people who blindly support their team. You have the right to your view as I do mine. Quite frankly, I am tired of everyone having the pretext of "preseason" before every word out of their keyboard. I'm sure other's are tired of this too. Just because I think my Falcon's are going to do great this season doesn't mean I'm unrealisitic. By saying someone is unrealistic for being optimistic sort of implies that you think they won't have a good season.

To me , the "it's preseason" and "wait and see" stances only give you a chance to be critical of other people who blindly support their team. You have the right to your view as I do mine. Quite frankly, I am tired of everyone having the pretext of "preseason" before every word out of their keyboard. I'm sure other's are tired of this too. Just because I think my Falcon's are going to do great this season doesn't mean I'm unrealisitic. By saying someone is unrealistic for being optimistic sort of implies that you think they won't have a good season.

Never said you were unrealistic and in the past I thought you have had some really good post and after reading your reply everything is cool OK.

I hope with every part of me that we prove a lot of those so calll experterts that said we will go 3-13 or 4-12 so wrong 10-6 woud be great but again only time will tell. If we get some beaks and play like we have so far the sky is the limit.

But I understand why some me included make statements about it being preseason. Look at teams like the pats and the colts losing preseason records it says nothing about them as a team. It is preseason the have starters hurt who should be back start of season.